The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Thanks very much, considering the possible price difference between the new Sony EF 85mm and the used Batis I think I’ll make an offer on the latter.

Wow, can't believe how much the Fe has shot up in new price.

Looked at cpb, said 600, sometimes around 540 on Amazon. Lce price is good.

There are soooo many more things I need, for one thing, my MBP is so old, it refuse to run the latest version of LR on it…..then again, it is a 2010 model.

85/1.8, 105/1.4 and I want to remap my car for more oomph !

There are soooo many more things I need, for one thing, my MBP is so old, it refuse to run the latest version of LR on it…..then again, it is a 2010 model.

85/1.8, 105/1.4 and I want to remap my car for more oomph !

You can't get a new mpb for anywhere near 550 quid, the oomph meh, you're a photographer, you need a lens more :)

View attachment 127530 Both lenses razor sharp ! The 85 is an absolute beast, could imagine it not being the easiest lens to lug about all day

Sharpness and autofocus accuracy is insane. This is how these lenses are meant to perform. No tuning needed

Did you get a confirmation date for the 35 mate? I'm over the moon with the 50!

Last edited:
Anyone with an A9 used one of these?:

https://shine-away.com/collections/camera-grips/products/sony-a9

Or anything similar. I might just go with an L plate.

I had one on an A7ii and it was decent, been struggling to find a good L-Plate for my A7r3 though!

I’m getting a iPad Pro next I think. :)

I may do, but LR mobile isn't there yet so I'll be well into next gen before considering.

I do almost all my editing on my iPad pro now, between Lightroom CC and Affinity Photo there's not much it can't do, not much cop for batch editing though!

I had one on an A7ii and it was decent, been struggling to find a good L-Plate for my A7r3 though!

Why over that one linked to?

1 - it keeps the tripod screw CENTRED !!!
2 - Itself is a Arca Swiss plate, both sides
3 - The side is detachable
4 - It is cheaper
5 - It is solid aluminium

http://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-l-bracket-for-sony-a7iii-a7m3-a7riii-a9-2122.html

cVbPr5d.jpg

08uyU7Y.jpg

NpQz7nl.jpg

Last edited:
Did you get a confirmation date for the 35 mate? I'm over the moon with the 50!

Sigma gets the delivery from Japan early next week apparently. So late next week

Yeah I'm very happy too pal, the 85 and 50 are amazing

Sigma gets the delivery from Japan early next week apparently. So late next week

Yeah I'm very happy too pal, the 85 and 50 are amazing

Hmmm quite tempted, just picked up another Samyang 35mm f2.8 to let me wait for an f1.4 once all the options are available and asessed...

Correct which means the MacBook Pro is quicker in the real-world ;)
Depends on PC and mpb you are comparing tbh

I honestly wouldn't buy the latest mpb. I have the 2017 model and you'll end up spending £200-300 easily on adapters. Cost is one thing but then you have to carry all the adapter to be able to do anything in the real-world. So playing adapter Lego on the move is rubbish and annoying. Not to mention my desk is now clutter to with wires and adapters.

Depends on PC and mpb you are comparing tbh

I honestly wouldn't buy the latest mpb. I have the 2017 model and you'll end up spending £200-300 easily on adapters. Cost is one thing but then you have to carry all the adapter to be able to do anything in the real-world. So playing adapter Lego on the move is rubbish and annoying. Not to mention my desk is now clutter to with wires and adapters.
I have been after a new MacBook Pro for the last 2 years now but I think I may just go down the iPad Pro route and keep my mid-2010 MacBook Pro for additional activities. :D

Wrong.

Both my laptop and desktop are actually more optimised and less buggy then a MacBook Pro I have. 2015 version I have

I am not wrong having worked in this area at one point. OSX is designed to run on very limited set of hardware hence can be better optimised for a specific hardware requirement much like games consoles (which is why consoles don't get refreshes very often they are super optimised) unlike windows where it's designed to run on anything and everything!

bugs have nothing to do with it, you won't find a non-buggy software

Last edited:
It's not.check out Philip bloom review on one where his new custom built windows machine was faster then his iMac.

His switched

just because something is faster doesn't make it more optimised. You can get more powerful built machines than macs for sure.

Anybody in here using flash with their A7iii?
Just asking as I seem to have a bit of trouble with mine, it fails to fire the flash at times. I have tried with a Godox on camera and also with an AD600, triggered by the XPro-S.

Back