The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

The Nikon would have missed focus due to the micro AF adjustment problem, would have had blown highlights too... oh it does!
That's if it could've focussed on a moving subject in the first place :eek:

lmao :D you guys!
On a serious note..... even though I didn't get to use my Sony A9 as much as I wanted to on the weekend, when I did get to use it..... its truly sublime. :D

Finally got around to reading the Canon M thread, made for a good chuckle ;) @jonneymendoza you're shocking, proper troll :p Gotta love the confidence in your own photography though, all those stunners you've printed ;)

Finally got around to reading the Canon M thread, made for a good chuckle ;) @jonneymendoza you're shocking, proper troll :p Gotta love the confidence in your own photography though, all those stunners you've printed ;)
Yeah it was a good read, I stuck my foot in a little bit then swiftly exited the thread :D lol

Does baffle me why the DR is 'so low' on the A9, it's not as though it takes over at higher ISO :confused:

That link's evidence that the van photo was clearly taken with the A9 now, the lack of DR causing blown highlights on top of the banding and lack of sharpness :p

The Sony A9 sensor was designed for speed rather than all out ISO/DR abilities, perhaps having the DRAM on the back of the sensor itself has introduced some limitations on how much DR/ISO the sensor is capable of pulling off? It's only a theory.

Last edited:
The Sony A9 sensor was designed for speed rather than all our ISO/DR abilities, perhaps having the DRAM on the back of the sensor itself has introduced some limitations on how much DR/ISO the sensor is capable of pulling off? It's only a theory.

This.

Well I had a little break from here the past few days and I am sure no one misses me..

Wow the thread got bloody long so I had to skimmed right through it and some interesting BANTER on here ha ha or shall we say Buanter :p

Anyway I just want to say I am really loving this camera it just blows me away I just cant fault it at all. The images it bringing out is just awesome and I am shooting JPEG at the moment till Raw is supported in LR.

Attach is UNEDITED JPEG and I just find the images so sharp it showing all details on her face etc. Ok it need some editing doing but I just want to share a SOOC image.

DSC00333.jpg
by Andrew Rookes, on Flickr

Well I had a little break from here the past few days and I am sure no one misses me..

Wow the thread got bloody long so I had to skimmed right through it and some interesting BANTER on here ha ha or shall we say Buanter :p

Anyway I just want to say I am really loving this camera it just blows me away I just cant fault it at all. The images it bringing out is just awesome and I am shooting JPEG at the moment till Raw is supported in LR.

Attach is UNEDITED JPEG and I just find the images so sharp it showing all details on her face etc. Ok it need some editing doing but I just want to share a SOOC image.

DSC00333.jpg

Welcome back

Of course you have been missed chap.......... :)
I agree that the IQ is quality...... I wonder if the SOOC JPEG's from the Sony A7 III differ to the A7R III / A9's.
Are you missing anything from your Nikon system?

Wow the thread got bloody long so I had to skimmed right through it and some interesting BANTER on here ha ha or shall we say Buanter [emoji14]

DSC00333.jpg
Very good for SOOC!

I can't wait to get one, need to see what I'm going to do regarding getting rid of mine though, plus see what the prices do (grey) over the next month or so.

Of course you have been missed chap.......... :)
I agree that the IQ is quality...... I wonder if the SOOC JPEG's from the Sony A7 III differ to the A7R III / A9's.
Are you missing anything from your Nikon system?

Not missed the Nikon one bit. I have bond to this a7iii perfectly it just works. Everything I’ve thrown at it hasn’t failed.

Really am impress and the sharpness of images I get with my lens have been top notch

The Dr is comparable to the MK4 canon
MK4 what? :eek:
I don't think its bad otherwise I wouldn't have bought the A9. :)
I wasn't an early first batch adopter, I believe the Sony A9 came out in May? I got mine in August, so did some mega research before deciding to buy it. :)
I got the official printed version of the Sony A9 and a rare G Master marketing brochure. :D

Last edited:
I may just buy an A7R3 to see what all the fuss is about haha, or an a9, who knows - I should not buy another camera for at least another 10 years ;), mind you by then it will walk its self down the road and come home full of pictures, all I will need to do is chimp and edit them, if thats even required by then lol. I see my 1DX2 does indeed have slightly more DR (as you guys are talking about it - or not as the case may be) than the a9, also the 1DX2 has a faster power up and shutter lag, plus the week long battery of the Canon should you only fire off a few shots - while viewing in standby through the OVF, I still wonder how they stack up side by side i.e a9 v 1DX2, a mate got an a9 but its gone back to be tested as he had some focus issues, I may just have to wait and see whats what and get a go on the new beast when it's back before I loose control of my GAS!

MK4 what? :eek:
I don't think its bad otherwise I wouldn't have bought the A9. :)
I wasn't an early first batch adopter, I believe the Sony A9 came out in May? I got mine in August, so did some mega research before deciding to buy it. :)
I got the official printed version of the Sony A9 and a rare G Master marketing brochure. :D
Yes 5d4 has terrific dr.a9 is the same.im satisfied. can't tell Dr between A9 and R3!

I may just buy an A7R3 to see what all the fuss is about haha, or an a9, who knows - I should not buy another camera for at least another 10 years ;), mind you by then it will walk its self down the road and come home full of pictures, all I will need to do is chimp and edit them, if thats even required by then lol. I see my 1DX2 does indeed have slightly more DR (as you guys are talking about it - or not as the case may be) than the a9, also the 1DX2 has a faster power up and shutter lag, plus the week long battery of the Canon should you only fire off a few shots - while viewing in standby through the OVF, I still wonder how they stack up side by side i.e a9 v 1DX2, a mate got an a9 but its gone back to be tested as he had some focus issues, I may just have to wait and see whats what and get a go on the new beast when it's back before I loose control of my GAS!
Welcome to the fold :D When is your A7R III due? ;)

I don't think I need to A9 speed TBH! 10fps would probably be my sweet spot so the A7R3 or A73 will be the go to choices!

I forgot one factor why my photos came out so much sharper yesterday, the IBIS. I literally don’t shoot any different but images just comes out sharper. Before I would say you can just shoot at an high enough shutter speed to eliminate shake but IBIS just makes it sharper, it’s hard to go back now...I want it in everything. It’s like “I can shoot MF, I don’t need AF” but once you tried AF, it’s hard to go back.

The images are so sharp I had to double check I haven’t turn on in camera sharpening to the max, if this camera has AA filter then I couldn’t tell. I’d be glad that it has because then I can clean the sensor in the safety of knowing I am not actually cleaning the sensor itself but a piece of glass.

Back