The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Possibly an issue only for people using that specific card. I've not had any issue with 8/16/32 or 64gb cards from a bunch of brands since before or after updating.
The article says it is a specific card in Slot 1. It also mentions that dany74m on Reddit said that they had been in touch with Sony and that they had recognised a problem and were working on a fix.

"DPReview contacted Sony regarding the issue. A spokesperson for the company kept it short and vague, saying "our team is currently investigating the claims." We will update this article if any new information becomes available."

The Tamron is definitely a possibility. My only concern is the relatively slow AF with the A7 meaning I’ll still be frustrated.

With regards to Fuji lenses, you’re right that the 16-55 is the same price (used) as the Tamron (new) so probably not a great example! The other primes in the Fuji range are cheaper than those equivalent Sony lenses though.

There’s also a certain amount of GAS involved too ;0). I know the A7 still delivers results I like.

I'm not sure they are, I did the 35/50/85 equivalents on both systems a few days ago on the 3k thread and the Fuji line up was significantly more expensive. The xt1 isn't any faster than the a7 in terms of af.

Last edited:
Yeah seen this a few days ago it’s only cards that end in a certain serial number. SanDisk recently made some changes to those 95mb 128 GB extreme pro cards and they arent’t working In slot one on Sony bodies.

Funny too as they have dropped to all time low price of £39.99 on Amazon.

It was on the Sony rumour site the other day.
Damm really?

I'm not sure they are, I did the 35/50/85 equivalents on both systems a few days ago on the 3k thread and the Fuji line up was significantly more expensive. The xt1 isn't any faster than the a7 in terms of af.

I’ve been looking at used prices of kit really, there’s definitely more Fuji kit around and at more reasonable prices but it’s just an option I’ve been looking at. With my sensible head it’s probably more just to be something different so I’d possibly regret it.

I’ve also seen similar AF performance reviews of the XT-1 recently that showed the same, which puts me into XT-2 area to see benefits, and XT-3 to get IBIS. At that point I may as well pay for an A7iii and stick with Sony.

The A7iii on the classifieds has been soooo tempting, but I've resisted :D
Somebody should buy that, good price.

I've looked at it but there's just no point me buying anything expensive as it's getting harder not easier to get any free time. I've thought about giving up even trying and just leaving the camera for holiday use but I need a hobby.

My current thinking, is pick up the Voigtlander 40/1.2 in E mount when available. See how I get on with it, & then decide what route to take regarding the other 35/40mm's

Why isn't it available? I had no trouble getting mine when they first came out. Have they had production issues or did I get in early and are they selling out now?

I’ve been looking at used prices of kit really, there’s definitely more Fuji kit around and at more reasonable prices but it’s just an option I’ve been looking at. With my sensible head it’s probably more just to be something different so I’d possibly regret it.

I’ve also seen similar AF performance reviews of the XT-1 recently that showed the same, which puts me into XT-2 area to see benefits, and XT-3 to get IBIS. At that point I may as well pay for an A7iii and stick with Sony.

X-h1 will get you ibis (noisy ibis). Sadly the x-t3 doesn’t have it.

I've looked at it but there's just no point me buying anything expensive as it's getting harder not easier to get any free time. I've thought about giving up even trying and just leaving the camera for holiday use but I need a hobby.

My position too, I've not spent much time at all on my hobby this year, would be a waste getting A7III. Will keep my old gear and enjoy the few chances I get with my camera when I can

Think I might give the peak design another shot. Maybe just the normal slide this time for the 70-200.

Anyone tried attaching both lugs to the 70-200? I usually have my Black rapid mounted direct on to the lens as like the way it hangs. Wondering if the slide was also work the same.

Cheers, my mistake. In that case I’m even less sure of the benefits (other than new toys) of an XT-x body.

Steve, just do what I do when I get an irresistible urge to buy a new toy... buy a cheap old manual lens for £20-£60. You'll have hours of fun deciding what to go for and finding a good one and you'll go through all the anticipation of waiting for it to arrive and the excitement of receiving it and using it for the first time and seeing the results and all for next to no money.

Steve, just do what I do when I get an irresistible urge to buy a new toy... buy a cheap old manual lens for £20-£60. You'll have hours of fun deciding what to go for and finding a good one and you'll go through all the anticipation of waiting for it to arrive and the excitement of receiving it and using it for the first time and seeing the results and all for next to no money.

It's not really next to no money when you end up with ten of each 35mm and 50mm lenses is it? :D

Want is a funny old thing. I’ve had zero gas for 3 years, then last week, I had a quick thought that my gear is getting old, and boom... it’s all for sale and I’m swapping systems. Wtf??!

Tell me about it.

I was very settled with my Canon then saw Eye-AF and boom...

Thought I would get a body and then adapt it all...

BOOM, 2 bodies, 4 prime lenses and a flash inside 6 months, I spent like £10k!

Want is a funny old thing. I’ve had zero gas for 3 years, then last week, I had a quick thought that my gear is getting old, and boom... it’s all for sale and I’m swapping systems. Wtf??!
GAS is a terrible disease ..... I tried my best :(
Can't wait to get my hands on the Sony FE 24mm f1.4 GM :D lol

Tell me about it.

I was very settled with my Canon then saw Eye-AF and boom...

Thought I would get a body and then adapt it all...

BOOM, 2 bodies, 4 prime lenses and a flash inside 6 months, I spent like £10k!
Sell all of your Canon gear chap...before values drop.... :)

I do, just to check out the reviews.....
LG C8 65", Samsung HW-N950 and Sony UDP-X700 for me next... all reviewed great on AVF. :)

I guess I am not into AV anymore, my gear are really old now, happy with them and I am not going to replace them until I either move or they break.

GAS is a terrible disease ..... I tried my best :(
Can't wait to get my hands on the Sony FE 24mm f1.4 GM :D lol

One thing I'd really like to do is go on a cruise to see the northern lights and if I ever get the chance I'll be looking for a nice wide aperture wide lens.

Back