The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

im considering getting a dslr as i'd like to get a 70-200 f2.8.
before i do - has anyone used one of the canon, tamron or sigma adapted to a9 or a73? if so, how did it perform?

How do you transfer jpgs to your phone? I’m having a play with an A7iii and can’t get the PlayMemories app to work on my iPhone. Is there another way?

How do you transfer jpgs to your phone? I’m having a play with an A7iii and can’t get the PlayMemories app to work on my iPhone. Is there another way?

When I was away for a few days recently I just used an sd card to lightning adaptor it can also do micro usb for Android phones as well.

Some weird pricing going on, I bought my A7II as a spare body on the 1st July from Jessops at £999 with £300 Sony cashback to come and just now saw they've priced it at £1199 (was £1399) with the £300 cashback still applying. What's the £200 sudden jump in price all about, exchange rates maybe?

Some weird pricing going on, I bought my A7II as a spare body on the 1st July from Jessops at £999 with £300 Sony cashback to come and just now saw they've priced it at £1199 (was £1399) with the £300 cashback still applying. What's the £200 sudden jump in price all about, exchange rates maybe?

No, £999 was an offer, it’ll be back down soon.

No chance and exchange rate could make that much of a difference.

The title of the thread says etc, etc, :- and anything else welcome Mega Thread !

Probably a stupid question so I’m expecting to be told to ******f :) certainly as both have their own threads. But are Sony RX10 series & Sony RX100 series users welcome on this thread ? Only I’ve bought one of each as I’m unable to carry my normal kit about at the moment and wanted something that was half decent without the weight.

George.

The title of the thread says etc, etc, :- and anything else welcome Mega Thread !

Probably a stupid question so I’m expecting to be told to ******f :) certainly as both have their own threads. But are Sony RX10 series & Sony RX100 series users welcome on this thread ? Only I’ve bought one of each as I’m unable to carry my normal kit about at the moment and wanted something that was half decent without the weight.

George.

hey, as the title says pretty much anything is welcome. I like to think we are more open minded here than some other similar places for other brands. ;)

But there is also "high end compacts" thread you can join too :)

I imagine a lot of people here will have one or have used one these compacts in the past.

Last edited:
hey, as the title says pretty much anything is welcome. I like to think we are more open minded here than some other similar places for other brands. ;)

But there is also "high end compacts" thread you can join too :)

I imagine a lot of people here will have one or have used one these compacts in the past.

Many thanks for your reply, I presume that means YES ?

Since I’ve dipped my toe into the Sony water so to speak I’ve been absolutely amazed at the quality of images (in the right hands) that can be obtained from these cameras. So much so that I’m seriously thinking of getting some more elaborate Sony gear.

George.

Since I’ve dipped my toe into the Sony water so to speak I’ve been absolutely amazed at the quality of images (in the right hands) that can be obtained from these cameras. So much so that I’m seriously thinking of getting some more elaborate Sony gear.

George.

Welcome George, this thread is a lot of fun.

George.

that means "OF COURSE! you don't even need to ask" :D

that means "OF COURSE! you don't even need to ask" :D

Many thanks for your kind reply, I’ll do my very best not to get up anybody's nose.:):)

George.

I've just put my 50mm f1.8 up in the classifieds if there is any interest in this thread at all, finding im not using it now that I have the 85mm!

I'm not a Sony user although I keep being tempted but there seem to be quite a few people selling A7's at the moment, is there a reason for this or is it just coincidence?

George.

Welcome to the light side, however do bear in mind that one of the side effects of both Sony and also this forum thread, is that it can induce severe bought of GAS along with the lightening of wallets and the need to use the phrase "what this old thing" when out with the other half. The chance of being effected by any of these is about 98.7%!

:coat:

Shooting the first wedding with the 35mm 1.2, it's not bad at all weight wise.

Welcome to the light side, however do bear in mind that one of the side effects of both Sony and also this forum thread, is that it can induce severe bought of GAS along with the lightening of wallets and the need to use the phrase "what this old thing" when out with the other half. The chance of being effected by any of these is about 98.7%!

:coat:

Many thanks for your Welcome.(y)

"I did realize that it might be a tad expensive, but HEY ! what the heck? once the bucks are gone they're gone. The only way to enjoy your money is to spend some of it, and when its all over you can't take it with you. "There's No Pockets In A Shroud"

George.

I'm not a Sony user although I keep being tempted but there seem to be quite a few people selling A7's at the moment, is there a reason for this or is it just coincidence?

Old model, maybe they're moving on to later models as prices start to come down? There's a few in here still using the original A7 @woof woof being one, the creator of this very thread.

I wouldn't say anymore than the other brands. JJ is always selling and buying Sony, so is Addicknchips. People will also be upgrading from older models.

Back