The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Narrowed down my search for an 85 to the Zeiss or the Sony. Anyone have any input as to which is better? They seem fairly evenly matched from what I’ve seen on reviews?
The Sony, all day long. I owned both at the same time and the Batis was the one I sold on. There was little to nothing in it, in fact I thought the Sony focused faster

Same here. I had the Batis for a while then picked up the FE which was my preference of the two also.

Playing around with the A7iii I have somehow got it to record 3 images each time I press the shutter.... For the life of me I can't figure that one out. Any ideas?

Tell me about it! To be fair, it's been ok. The devil makes work for idle hands though..! :ROFLMAO:

Yup. It does become sensible after a while, but the defaults aren't necessarily what one might choose and once those are set up, especially using the 2 programmable positions on the dial, then it becomes much less hassle day-to-day.

AF is "interesting". Needs more testing but the noises it makes doesn't instill me with confidence lol.
Sounds like my old Minolta screw driven lenses :D

You clearly haven't used 1980s minolta 200mm HS :D
That that thing is/was blazing fast.

Of course this lens isn't lol.

No, you're right. I was thinking of the beercan, which would often saw all the way out to infinity & back before finding the thing 4 feet away that I was trying to photograph. I loved my Minolta 7000, but AF was not the reason to buy it (tried a Canon T80 around the same time. AF? Hah hah hah hah hah hah hah ha).

Has anyone got any experience with updating firmware on Sigma lenses? I bought a used 24 ART and download the software to update it from V.01 to V.02. When I plug the body into the Mac, it's not recognising the camera? I have USB Mass storage enabled, and I have removed the cards as per Sigma's website. Anything else I should be doing?

Has anyone got any experience with updating firmware on Sigma lenses? I bought a used 24 ART and download the software to update it from V.01 to V.02. When I plug the body into the Mac, it's not recognising the camera? I have USB Mass storage enabled, and I have removed the cards as per Sigma's website. Anything else I should be doing?

Download Sony drivers for mac

The AF on FE50/1.8 is only slightly worst than my 85GM in that it's definitely usable. The accuracy is good, but the speed not as much.
Conclusion is don't buy it for fast action in mind but it's good as a general purpose nifty fifty.

IQ wise probably the best nifty fifty I have used.

Last edited:
The AF on FE50/1.8 is only slightly worst than my 85GM in that it's definitely usable. The accuracy is good, but the speed not as much.
Conclusion is don't buy it for fast action in mind but it's good as a general purpose nifty fifty.

IQ wise probably the best nifty fifty I have used.

Interesting. Perhaps it's me then? I'd agree about image quality, but the AF was 'unimpressive'.

Just put a deposit down on a 200-600 today, hopefully I don’t regret part exchanging my 100-400 GM for it, I guess I’ll find out soon enough.

Just put a deposit down on a 200-600 today, hopefully I don’t regret part exchanging my 100-400 GM for it, I guess I’ll find out soon enough.
Iv not seen a bad report on it and a lens I will get should I decide to add Sony to my run along side my EM-1X Kit .
Rob.

More Canon gear gone today, 1 lens in. I also needed some coffee after the shock of the size of this thing.

rGGvba1.jpg

CysmS19.jpg

wQD2A6f.jpg

More Canon gear gone today, 1 lens in. I also needed some coffee after the shock of the size of this thing.

rGGvba1.jpg

CysmS19.jpg

wQD2A6f.jpg

I was looking at some reviews of the 105, looks favourable apart from the sheer size!

After having a bimble to the top of Clee hill this evening, looking to grab some long exposures of the clouds sweeping past the radar domes, the unfortunate thing happened, (school boy error) the camera and tri pod blew over [emoji22][emoji22] not much damage to the body just scratches, but the lens it’s dented the ring where the filter ring fits on, can these repaired ?? I’ve tried to straighten it out myself but don’t fancy using anymore pressure, is it camera shop repair or does it need to be sent off to Sony and no images to boot [emoji853][emoji853]

I've tried all kinds of coffee and tbh Tesco stuff is as good as any, maybe I'm not hip enough to appreciate the pricier stuff? :/

Nothing hip about it all. If you're happy with what you drink, fill your boots. I drink some mainstream stuff from Tesco as well if I've run out of better stuff. It's fine.

Jonny on here even roasts his own beans, I cba to go that far myself!

Back