The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Just a simple tourist type Snapograph taken at Canterbury Kent UK of the main gate tower to the Cathedral.
Nothing I could do about the converging verticals as my back was already against buildings opposite, and correcting them in PP would amount to loosing too much of the architecture that I wanted to keep in the snap.

Sony-RX, 1/250th @ F5.6, ISO-100, Wide Angle Attachment, Handheld.
Cathedral Main Gate Tower-03522 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):sony:

Just a simple tourist type Snapograph taken at Canterbury Kent UK of the main gate tower to the Cathedral.
Nothing I could do about the converging verticals as my back was already against buildings opposite, and correcting them in PP would amount to loosing too much of the architecture that I wanted to keep in the snap.

Great detail!!

Nice detail, George.

Nice detail, George.

Thank you Stephen, appreciate your reply.

"It was actually taken using my little RX100M6 and I held the wide angle attachment (from my RX10M4) in front of the lens"

Perhaps it's just the processing being used then, but to me they almost always seem to have a different look to the usual lenses (Sony, Sigma etc)

In the case of Lee's image, to me there's less shadow recovery than is common with digital and it's not overly sharp & crunchy, pehaps that's given it a bit of a filmic look.

That's pretty much a given but what about the size?
I was pulling your leg as yes it's a given :p

Going by the 85mm DG DN I think Sigma have realised they need to start making smaller lenses, I'd expect they will replace all the Art lenses with smaller DG DN lenses over time, but I'm not sure they'll be smaller than the new GMs.

I was pulling your leg as yes it's a given :p

Going by the 85mm DG DN I think Sigma have realised they need to start making smaller lenses, I'd expect they will replace all the Art lenses with smaller DG DN lenses over time, but I'm not sure they'll be smaller than the new GMs.

I might sell my GM if same size and quality.
Then spend the pennies on that rumoured 14GM

Strangely like the green but think the B&W works better.

I agree. I like the colour version but I think the black and white tends to better emphasise the converging lines of the ceiling and floor towards the person.

Last edited:
So after moving away from Hasselblad and Leica - trying to enjoy the Sony for personal photography.. (though not a lot going on in Aldershot) but posted them to Facebook anyway

First commenter says the colours are a bit generic..

Maybe I need to up my processing game

Aldershot by Daniel Cook, on Flickr

I like the green version as it's something different.

Thanks Alan. I was just messing around in split toning with different colours and the green grabbed me, for better or for worse. :D

We were going to do the shopping and then have a picnic on the beach but it was too cold (for someone who shall be nameless) so we did the shopping and ate the picnic at home.

A7 and NK 50mm f1.4. Ships on the horizon, taken from the car with the windows closed and the heater on :D

ThnAVw0.jpg

Thanks Alan. I was just messing around in split toning with different colours and the green grabbed me, for better or for worse. :D

I do this sometimes and sometimes keep multiple versions of the same picture.

So after moving away from Hasselblad and Leica - trying to enjoy the Sony for personal photography.. (though not a lot going on in Aldershot) but posted them to Facebook anyway

First commenter says the colours are a bit generic..

Maybe I need to up my processing game

The dynamic range looks pretty good, lots of detail in the sky as well as the shadows; they look like nice clean photos. Your Post Office intrigues me as what the rest of the building looks like.

I find myself often falling into the trap of over-processing a photo to try and make it stand out, perhaps that's why I lean to panos just to give my photos that little something extra because my post processing isn't exactly ground breaking lol But I appreciate stitching isn't for everyone, but I do find it can have its place.

Here's one I did the other day and the single shot version looked awfully generic to me and because of the tight space my only option to get a more interesting shot was to do a mild stitch so that the building didn't overwhelm the shot, despite being the main subject.

Harmony v1 Small.jpg

I like the green, a real sci-fi feel. If it were my shot, and I wish it was, I would lose the left of the frame to take away the group and make it more about the focal point of the single figure. Love the sense of movement

Cheers wookie, much appreciated. That's an interesting suggestion, I'll have a play around with a new crop. Amazing though what a bit of photoshop radial blur and selectively brushing it in can do. :D

Back