The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Price seems to be coming down though - well at least it is at E-infinity; think it was best part of £2k not long ago but has come down to £1,619 now.
I'm starting to get tempted to upgrade my original version but wondering if it will come down any further or whether its going to remain around that price now (it went down quite a bit each day for last week or two but has been this price for last couple of days I think).
Wow that's almost reasonable (in today's market). I'm not sure I'd ever buy from E-infinity though :thinking:

Wow that's almost reasonable (in today's market). I'm not sure I'd ever buy from E-infinity though :thinking:
E-infinity have some good prices but not sure about the customer service/ guarantee if any thing goes wrong.
Guess it’s price vs likelihood of issue

E-infinity have some good prices but not sure about the customer service/ guarantee if any thing goes wrong.
Guess it’s price vs likelihood of issue
Exactly why I’m not sure I’d buy from them (y)

Hi all,
has anyone used the sigma bazooka 150-600 contemporary on A6600 via sigma MC-11 adapter ?

I used the Canon Mount version on my A7iii for ages, great lens.

I managed to cut the top of her head off in this one. It must have been her fault, she must have moved :D I'm not an expert so this is a rough repair but I don't think anyone will notice unless they know what they're looking for :D

A7 and Sony 35mm f1.8.

kcpciC5.jpg

Last edited:
Tomorrow I will give my Sony A7 III yet another go, and if I still find it heavy for me then sadly all my Sony lot will go in a bundle. This time though it will go in the Price check first off.

Sorry to hear this, do you have a medical issue that makes the gear's weight too much? Seems to me the sony gear remaining is all pretty lightweight. Though I do shoot 90% of the time with my 200-600 so it's all relative I guess.

Sorry to hear this, do you have a medical issue that makes the gear's weight too much? Seems to me the sony gear remaining is all pretty lightweight. Though I do shoot 90% of the time with my 200-600 so it's all relative I guess.

As I am under 9 stone and with my COPD it can be knackering walking about, tomorrow it is our gay pride so will use the A7 III with my favourite lens Sammy 45mm.

As I am under 9 stone and with my COPD it can be knackering walking about, tomorrow it is our gay pride so will use the A7 III with my favourite lens Sammy 45mm.

Sorry to hear that, but it's only gear and you gotta use what your most comfortable with. Have a good time at Pride

I suppose limiting the focal length can keep the weight down but of course you're limiting yourself. Liking primes in the 24-50mm range helps to keep the bulk and weight down for me but some wouldn't be happy with that. My A7 and 35mm f2.8 or 24mm f2.8 G is quite small and light but I suppose MFT offers even more savings.

Will your Oly kit be better?

Three light camera set ups I've been impressed with are the G100 except for it lacking a second top of camera control but it is very light, GX80 and GM5 all with compact primes but again focal length wise these are limited and not for everyone but there is the very small Oly 45mm f1.8.

Obvs. Hoping your health improves. Best wishes.

Well I pushed my self today and yes I am a bit tired, but the A7 III is NOT getting sold. I had my Olympus OMD5 with the M45mm on it in my small bag but I had my Sony A7 III + Sammy 45 mm on my chest and I'm glad to say I nailed it. No pics with the Sony but tomorrow I am going to push my self again as needs must for me to get some strength back up both my Olly and Sony will have the 45mm on it as it will be nice to compare. The A7 III was on my PD Sling and the weight did not bother me at all.

Well I pushed my self today and yes I am a bit tired, but the A7 III is NOT getting sold. I had my Olympus OMD5 with the M45mm on it in my small bag but I had my Sony A7 III + Sammy 45 mm on my chest and I'm glad to say I nailed it. No pics with the Sony but tomorrow I am going to push my self again as needs must for me to get some strength back up both my Olly and Sony will have the 45mm on it as it will be nice to compare. The A7 III was on my PD Sling and the weight did not bother me at all.
Mate. So glad to hear that.

Mate. So glad to hear that.

You and me both mate, I have really liked this A7 III since day one so I had to try something today and it seemed ok, tomorrow will be a long day thought as from 9.30am till about 6pm will be fun. Even though I will test both 45mm against each other I already know what the winner will be.

You and me both mate, I have really liked this A7 III since day one so I had to try something today and it seemed ok, tomorrow will be a long day thought as from 9.30am till about 6pm will be fun. Even though I will test both 45mm against each other I already know what the winner will be.
Great stuff, glad you're not finding it too heavy. I'm not sure it's a fair contest as you've got 45mm on one and 90mm eq on the other ;) :p

I might actually stick the FE28mm on the A& III for tomorrow instead.
I quite liked the 28mm f2, bit wide for a general purpose lens for me though and prefer 35mm and 50mm. Likewise the Olly 45mm with it being 90mm eq was a bit long for a general purpose lens but it was still one of my favourite Olly lenses, so small and light.

I quite liked the 28mm f2, bit wide for a general purpose lens for me though and prefer 35mm and 50mm. Likewise the Olly 45mm with it being 90mm eq was a bit long for a general purpose lens but it was still one of my favourite Olly lenses, so small and light.

On the OMD 5 III I might well put the 12-40mm Pro on and the 28mm f2 on the A7 III then I can get in closer.

On the OMD 5 III I might well put the 12-40mm Pro on and the 28mm f2 on the A7 III then I can get in closer.
So many lenses so many choices ;)

I think a zoom and one and a fast prime on the other is a good idea.

I sometimes take a Panny with the 45-150mm on it and the A7 with a prime.

Can't say I'm a fan, but they're just photographs of an event and should not bring ire in your direction.
My wife and I stumbled across a Pride Parade a few years back whilst in Sicily, was good fun to watch all the floats, dancing etc (y)

I’m just at Silverstone for the Moto GP and a large number of shots taken with the 100-400mm GM using the 1.4x TC are very soft to the point of looking out of focus. They are more the ones taken at distance, maybe 50m or so, and whilst I know this is where TC’s are weak I’ve never known it to be this bad. I thought initially it might be atmospheric conditions as it’s very warm, but I tried without the TC and cropped and they’re much sharper. Shutter speed is not an issue as these were 1/1000.

Anyone know what the problem is? Is it purely that I’m shooting at distance? If it is I can’t believe they’re this bad :eek:

Faulty TC?

You're just 30 min up the road from me.
Works ok with closer shooting and with the 70-200mm (which was also closer shooting). I’ll have to do some tests when I get home.

My wife and I stumbled across a Pride Parade a few years back whilst in Sicily, was good fun to watch all the floats, dancing etc (y)

I love them here in town as all the people and floats are so colourful, a mate came round this morning who now has my OMD5 III and some lenses as he is thinking of getting one so leant him mine so will use the Sony for a while now plus my other two cameras.

Last edited:
Faulty TC?

You're just 30 min up the road from me.
I’m thinking it might actually be just the heat haze, just done Q1 with the 100-400mm without TC and getting similar issues despite what I thought previously.

I’ll definitely do some proper tests though at some point.

I’m thinking it might actually be just the heat haze, just done Q1 with the 100-400mm without TC and getting similar issues despite what I thought previously.

I’ll definitely do some proper tests though at some point.

I'm at Castle Combe today and the heat haze is ridiculous at longer distances (400mm+). Most probably just that.....maybe.

Back