• Yes - from the Apple App Store

Votes: 74 10.2%
  • Yes - from the Google Play Store

Votes: 79 10.9%
  • No

Votes: 571 78.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wasn't aware of the app. Im new to the forum as of well right now! I'm psyched to be here and look forward meeting some good people.

I think the advantage of the app, is as it states to use on the go, on your phone. I much prefer the iMac or laptop.

i don't use apps on my phone - not because i'm something of a luddite (while that's certainly a possibiity) but because i'm either at work (at a paper mill - no cell phones on the production floor for safety reasons - lots of in running nip points) or in my car (not a good place to catch up on message traffic, or i'm at home, where i'm on this computer.

It looks pretty cool, though

It's going anyway, you obviously haven't read this thread

i don't use apps on my phone - not because i'm something of a luddite (while that's certainly a possibiity) but because i'm either at work (at a paper mill - no cell phones on the production floor for safety reasons - lots of in running nip points) or in my car (not a good place to catch up on message traffic, or i'm at home, where i'm on this computer.

It looks pretty cool, though
But very costly though.

PS

As already mentioned above, it is going anyway.

It's going anyway, you obviously haven't read this thread

I guess thats that.

Possibly for the app but hopefully not for the forum as a whole.

Reactions: Nod
Reactions: Nod
Sorry yes I should have updated this thread and closed the poll. As part of the handover, the app is being removed.
One - Costs
Two - It's getting worse
Three - They have changed the goalposts wince we took them on and forced adverts through after x0000 views.
Four - They're a s*** company to deal with
Five - Updates are a pain to deal with (Both in submitting to the app stores, and getting the updated apps from TapaTalk to upload)

Sorry yes I should have updated this thread and closed the poll. As part of the handover, the app is being removed.
One - Costs
Two - It's getting worse
Three - They have changed the goalposts wince we took them on and forced adverts through after x0000 views.
Four - They're a s*** company to deal with
Five - Updates are a pain to deal with (Both in submitting to the app stores, and getting the updated apps from TapaTalk to upload)

Time to uninstall I think.

Ah gutted, always use the app. So much easier to navigate than the site on mobile :(
Are you sure? for the past couple of years or so, following forum updates,
TP is very web based, mobile friendly.

Yeah 100% I can't even find the old forum list as you'd see on the desktop or the app, it seems web based is only orientated around latest and popular type posts :(

well app not working any more, thats a shame i liked it.
i think you should have put more work into the app and kept it.

I don’t think that was a possibility, isn’t it 3rd party app?

Did you not read Marcel's reasons for getting shot of it?

Now I’ve switched to the mobile browser version, I’m finding it better than the app.
(y) "We" as staff have been saying that for a good couple of years now.

Nah the web version is just for dinosaurs the app was the way forward but hey ho
hasn't the site been bought now by the ford dino :)

in fact where has the old dinosaur gone has he now assumed the godhood he so desired?

Oops! We ran into some problems.
This member limits who may view their full profile.

Last edited:
Nah the web version is just for dinosaurs the app was the way forward but hey ho
I never understood anyone wanting to view a photography site on a tiny screen,
unless of course they aren't interested in photography / images etc, and only want to chat..

where has the old dinosaur gone has he now assumed the godhood he so desired?

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Not everyone can view everyone's profile, some are closed by the members themselves.
We, the Gods however can view every little detail locked or not.

Not wishing to be a nitpicking nitpicker - but shouldn't the thread now be labelled 'Did you use the app?' :p

I did like certain aspects when using it on my phone - but I can live without it :)

Surely you just say "pay us <cost of app> and we shall enable for a year that right away"

Although I still wouldn't advocate activating the Tapatalk plugin. Massive scope creep by them.

Surely you just say "pay us <cost of app> and we shall enable for a year that right away"
The app is dead, it's not even re-appearing as a zombie or any other un dead creature,

I've been using the web interface on my phone since the end of April. Uploading pictures was always a bit hit-or-miss, but seems to have stopped working completely now. Also the site now sometimes where I was in a thread and starts me at page 1, rather than the last place I viewed. Using Firefox on the computer, Brave (i.e. Chromium) on the phone.

Uploading pictures was always a bit hit-or-miss, but seems to have stopped working completely now.

I just tested it using FF and it worked fine for me, I did get an oops but that was because I forgot to click on thumbnail
or full image. you can tell I'm not used to using my phone :D

Back