• Poll closed .

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Due to a few reasons, I'm wondering whether the app is actually worth what we pay for it every month.
With the progression of devices and browsers, I'm not sure an app is actually needed any more.

I very very rarely use it now anyway.

I didn't know about a 'branded app'. I rarely use Tapatalk to be honest, I find it a bit fussy and clunky, and not as easy as the website to use.

Yes still use the app, prefer that to the browser as I have a slightly older phone.

Thank you

No. Tried it and found it clunky and frustrating. Besides which, I loathe typing on a phone screen as well as looking at photos smaller than an enprint!

I only view TP (and the internet generally) on my Mac system with 27-inch EIZO screen. Not even on my MacBook Pro. Surely photographs deserve to be enjoyed and edited at large sizes!

I use my iPad mostly for Instagram, not even Facebook. So no TP app needed or wanted.

I use my iPhone 7plus just for viewing my photos at small size, showing friends, and.... as a telephone! So no TP app needed or wanted. My iPhone apps tend to be for things like weather and alarm calls, daily food shopping list, etc.

Last edited:
Tried it years ago, but prefer to view TP in a browser.

Tried it ages ago, but uninstalled it, much prefer the browser.

Like many it seems I didn't now about the app have always used the browser.

I didn’t know there was one - have just downloaded it and used it to send this reply.

I use the app on my phone but tbh I wouldn't miss it if it wasn't there.

Like the majority of us I didn't know there was even an app for it. Not sure I see the point, as I use a browser here and on my phone.

I used to use the app, and found it OK, but there was an update where it asked for, I think, access to my contacts. I asked here what was the justification for access to contacts, was told someone would try to find out, but don't think I ever got a reply.

My tablet didn't have any contacts on it, but stopped using it on principal. There was no reason for the app to suddenly have access to contacts, unless someone can give me a valid reason. I try to be careful with what apps have access to, as should everyone.

i've only got it so that I can check and duplicate the problem if people report that they're having issues on the app... Frankly, with a half modern phone (as in anything over £100 and less than 3 years old - i.e. what I've got, I'm REALLY not a state-of-the-art phone guy) the borwser version is way better anyway.

I used to use the app years ago but I think it went wonky so I ended up switching to using the browser all the time. Once the app was fixed I realised it wasn't worth the effort of going back. The app used to be better and then it wasn't.

Mostly use my PC for site access but I use the phone's browser when I'm out and about.

I've never used it - no need to. Xenforo works fine on tablets and phones, although I only really use a PC. Why waste almost fifty years' worth of keyboard skills to poke piddly buttons on a phone?

If it uses TapaTalk, then I most definitely wouldn't use it even if I really needed to.

I didn't even know there was an app! I just use my phone browser to access the forum if I'm not at my computer (my main way to access the forum).

i've only got it so that I can check and duplicate the problem if people report that they're having issues on the app... Frankly, with a half modern phone (as in anything over £100 and less than 3 years old - i.e. what I've got, I'm REALLY not a state-of-the-art phone guy) the borwser version is way better anyway.

I don't agree and I use a state of the art phone with 6.4 inch screen.

The layout and size of the app suits a mobile device better - the URLs etc on a mobile browser are small and hard to see - and I don't require any corrective eye wear. The app makes it a lot more straightforward with nice big to tap icons and suits the device far more than say Chrome, Firefox or Samsung browser. On a tablet I'd be 50:50 to which to use.

I'll personally miss it if it goes. As usual though, my view is at odds with everyone elses.

Last edited:
Never tried it. I generally prefer browser (iPad usually) to apps. Seems to be only one person using the iOS app judging by the votes :(.

I didn't know there was an app; I hate tapatalk, and prefer looking a photos on the big screen anyway. O do occasionally look at the site via Safari on a iPad mini, but only rarely.

Due to a few reasons, I'm wondering whether the app is actually worth what we pay for it every month.
With the progression of devices and browsers, I'm not sure an app is actually needed any more.

I very very rarely use it now anyway.
Is there a description of how the site is financed anywhere? I’m just being nosey and if it’s private info that’s fine with me. I’m perfectly happy to double or even triple my payments ;).

I actually didn`t know there was an app .... But always just use the browser anyway.

I use the app often on my iPad and rarely on my phone. I never use safari on my iPad for Talk Photography.

I think there is a little less functionality on the app - reactions to posts can only be a 'like', but it works really well.

Last edited:
Is there a description of how the site is financed anywhere? I’m just being nosey and if it’s private info that’s fine with me. I’m perfectly happy to double or even triple my payments ;).
I've heard they have enslaved a load of elves and pixies and put them to work in the Javan marmalade mines in unbearably sticky conditions. They keep denying this this though and saying it's entirely down to personal generosity and meagre advertising revenue. A likely story if you ask Karen on Facebook!

According to the comments we get over time, via site support or RTM's
it appears that it causes more problems than it solves.

I never (have) use it, the forum upgrades over the last couple of years lend themselves nicely to web browsing on any device.

I've heard they have enslaved a load of elves and pixies and put them to work in the Javan marmalade mines in unbearably sticky conditions. They keep denying this this though and saying it's entirely down to personal generosity and meagre advertising revenue.
That's not a million miles away ..

I’m perfectly happy to double or even triple my payments ;).
I'll send you my bank account details (y)

Also tried the app ages ago and didn't like it so much.
I use the browser on my phone.

Also can't you get stats on where i.e. which client people are connecting from?

I tried it once, but it was so long ago I can't remember anything about it. Needless to say the mobile browser version is perfectly fine, it's a seamless experience between viewing on phone or pc.

I've used the app on my phone for a long time (when not at home). I have wondered why it has never really mirrored the web based site more.
However I'm very surprised that so many wasn't aware of its existence

I use it when I think about about it but most times I use the web site. If it was not available I would not miss it.

Back