The beach

The second image for me is very nice Alf, well composed, lovely sky and light, nice rock formation in the foreground giving the shot some base, and just about the right amount of movement in the water.(y)

George.

The second image for me is very nice Alf, well composed, lovely sky and light, nice rock formation in the foreground giving the shot some base, and just about the right amount of movement in the water.(y)

George.

Thanks George

Here is another from later after the sun went down. This is a two shots stitch

Sunset-pools by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Last edited:

George.

I fully agree with this, Alf. The second image is very pleasing. The only thing I have a small issue with, is the small 'lump' on the top of the cliffs near the end of the fence.

Philip

I fully agree with this, Alf. The second image is very pleasing. The only thing I have a small issue with, is the small 'lump' on the top of the cliffs near the end of the fence.

Philip

Thanks Philip.

Very nice Alf
love the movement in the water #1 but have to agree with whats already said prefer #2.
And the last is a lovely shot as well.

Thanks Graham

#1 just hits the spot for me with the sunset lighting the cliffs, as well as the colour and movement of the water.
#2 doesn't catch the eye quite as much as #1 but is still excellent.

#1 just hits the spot for me with the sunset lighting the cliffs, as well as the colour and movement of the water.
#2 doesn't catch the eye quite as much as #1 but is still excellent.

Thanks Beth

yeah number 3 vey nice Alf with the colour scale
but wondering what a picture from number 2 may look like with the rocks sort of just above centre and slightly to the right.
I you used them as sort of a focal point looking out to sea hopefully a nice sunset may be awesome ?

2nd shot gets my vote too !

Simon

Thanks Simon

To hang on my wall it would be #2.

Cheers
Alan
Actually, having viewed again it would be #3. Great colours.

Alan thanks but that kind of indecision can land you in trouble (Monty pythons holy grail)

yeah number 3 vey nice Alf with the colour scale
but wondering what a picture from number 2 may look like with the rocks sort of just above centre and slightly to the right.
I you used them as sort of a focal point looking out to sea hopefully a nice sunset may be awesome ?

Thanks Paul
No3 was taken on the rocks you mention they are a large raised flat area but the beach is constantly changing with each tide or storm season etc etc

Here are some photos of this beach by me https://www.flickr.com/photos/32457074@N07/sets/72157633022679883

used to live Briscoe crescent just above the beach in 1990
was not into photography then but had many a beautiful sunsets over there

Liking #1 Alf lovely light hitting the cliff face.

Thanks Kevin

Imho the #3 is The best. Just love The palette u managed to capture there!

Thanks

I started at the top and wondered why nobody was mentioning shot #3. Far and away the best of the set. A great image with excellent dynamic range.

PS. Do I see a tiny bit of vignetting? ;)

thanks
Not an added Vignette

used to live Briscoe crescent just above the beach in 1990
was not into photography then but had many a beautiful sunsets over there

I remember you telling me that before small place Parton
I missed a great sunset last night as I was at work.

That's a cracking set Alf!
I think you did right dropping the sun out of the shot No1 the light along that cliff face is beautiful. Wonder what that is in the immediate centre foreground is it water over some rocks? Really give a great impression of movement all the swirls and eddies, very nice.
I really like No2, I think its the light brushing over the wet rocks, and all those little highlights coupled with those little plumes of spray everywhere. Nice clouds and subtle colour in the sky. This is really nice(y)
No3 Is great too, I really like that reflection in the rock pool that's superb and fantastic colour in the sky.
Its a really lovely set Alf, great work!

That's a cracking set Alf!
I think you did right dropping the sun out of the shot No1 the light along that cliff face is beautiful. Wonder what that is in the immediate centre foreground is it water over some rocks? Really give a great impression of movement all the swirls and eddies, very nice.
I really like No2, I think its the light brushing over the wet rocks, and all those little highlights coupled with those little plumes of spray everywhere. Nice clouds and subtle colour in the sky. This is really nice(y)
No3 Is great too, I really like that reflection in the rock pool that's superb and fantastic colour in the sky.
Its a really lovely set Alf, great work!

Thanks Steve

Back