The Canon 350d thread.

wontolla

Misery Guts Monica
Name
I'm not a Misery Guts and Monica is not my Moniker
Edit My Images
Yes
Noticed that a lot of members on here have this great little starter camera, I'm one of them! So carrying on from another thread, what about having one dedecated to this popular camera.
Post your thoughts, pictures, likes or dislikes and lets see what appears!

Heres one to start with.
Taken with 350d + EF-S 55-250mm IS

4169472705_4f1e52f4e2.jpg

I agree great camera I kept mine when I got the 40D and still use it :)
Too attached to it to sell it,as it was my first DLSR

IMG_1664.jpg

Pete
PS great shot

Like many others, I dare say, the 350D was my first "toe in the water" with digital.
It was a great little camera and served me well as an introduction to the new medium.
Coming from film there were a few lessons to learn...
Still working well, it will shortly be donated to my 12 year old grandaughter who wants to do GCSE photography. Let's hope she has as much fun with it as I did.

Yep the 350D was my first DSLR and miles better than the old film camera I owned previously.

I know all the gear snobs have moved on but in my opinion this is probably one of the best camera's out there for cost/quality and still a very capable body when given some reasonable glass.

I would not hesitate in recommending this for someone on either a lower budget or starting out in photography....:love:

1. Taken with 70-300mm IS USM

Arundel015.jpg

2. Again with 70-300mm IS USM but heavily cropped.

IMG_0559.jpg

3. Taken with 50mm f/1.8

laydown.jpg

4. Taken with Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8

Raw181.jpg

I now have a 350D, as an alternative to my Olympus E500. My reason for changing? The cost of four thirds lenses for the Olympus camera. Ruddy legalised mugging.
The 350D is smaller, lighter and IMO less intuitive to use than the Olympus camera, but the picture quality is good enough. Still coming to terms with the dinky wee LCD screen. With my eyesight pics look great on the screen, only to find they're not that great when off the camera. I bought mine as a factory refurb for 200 notes, so well worth the money for camera and kit lens IMO.

I agree great camera I kept mine when I got the 40D and still use it :)
Too attached to it to sell it,as it was my first DLSR

Pete
PS great shot

Thanks Pete! Lovely shot of a goldie!

Like many others, I dare say, the 350D was my first "toe in the water" with digital.
It was a great little camera and served me well as an introduction to the new medium.
Coming from film there were a few lessons to learn...
Still working well, it will shortly be donated to my 12 year old grandaughter who wants to do GCSE photography. Let's hope she has as much fun with it as I did.

Thanks for the input. I have something like that in mind with my Grandson when I eventually upgrade, (although he may have to wait a while yet!)

Yep the 350D was my first DSLR and miles better than the old film camera I owned previously.

I know all the gear snobs have moved on but in my opinion this is probably one of the best camera's out there for cost/quality and still a very capable body when given some reasonable glass.

I would not hesitate in recommending this for someone on either a lower budget or starting out in photography....:love:

Totaly agree mate!! Nice pics there too!

Here are my first pictures taken with my 350D

Nice one! I have seen the plane shot before in one of the comps on here.

I now have a 350D, as an alternative to my Olympus E500. My reason for changing? The cost of four thirds lenses for the Olympus camera. Ruddy legalised mugging.
The 350D is smaller, lighter and IMO less intuitive to use than the Olympus camera, but the picture quality is good enough. Still coming to terms with the dinky wee LCD screen. With my eyesight pics look great on the screen, only to find they're not that great when off the camera. I bought mine as a factory refurb for 200 notes, so well worth the money for camera and kit lens IMO.

Agree about the LCD, My solution is to take lots (and lots, and lots) of shots on the same subject. (well, one MUST come out ok!)

Keep the posts coming peeps!!

I'm putting off the 7d until I've learned to use my 150-500mm Sigma on my 350d.

It's a great combination this was with my 350D and the 150-500 with a 1.4 as well, plus cropped image. The flipping curlew was miles away!

Img_a0513c.jpg

It's a great combination this was with my 350D and the 150-500 with a 1.4 as well, plus cropped image. The flipping curlew was miles away!

Thanks for that one. The Curlew is one of my favourite birds!

I use my 350d quite a lot and find it a great little camera, I do tend to just use it for macro these days so here is a shot taken with it and the Mp-e 65.

a fruit fly
3951791804_6e33aa2c5e_o.jpg

I use my 350d quite a lot and find it a great little camera, I do tend to just use it for macro these days so here is a shot taken with it and the Mp-e 65.

a fruit fly
WOW! what can I say?

This is what a similar shot looks like with the 7D he was just slightly closer. I shall certainly be hanging on to the 350D./QUOTE]

Must get myself a longer lens! Love it!

Some really good pictures here :)

Yep! sure are! Keep em coming.

Silly me forgot to post a photo taken with the 350D. This one was taken using a 50mmFD lens with adapter.
4105220025_ef917870e7.jpg

and this one using the 18-55mm kit lens
4000768296_1af87599fb.jpg

Silly me forgot to post a photo taken with the 350D. This one was taken using a 50mmFD lens with adapter.
4105220025_ef917870e7.jpg

and this one using the 18-55mm kit lens
4000768296_1af87599fb.jpg

Lovely shots, we have a water sculpture similar to the first of yours in Ramsbottom, Lancs. Every time I go there it hasn't been working!!
The second is very seasonal! AND pin sharp!
Thank you.
Merry Christmas!
Baz.

Lovely shots, we have a water sculpture similar to the first of yours in Ramsbottom, Lancs. Every time I go there it hasn't been working!!
The second is very seasonal! AND pin sharp!
Thank you.
Merry Christmas!
Baz.
Thanks Baz. The first is an outfall at a local reservoir. I always think it looks a bit like an old divers helmet.
The holly is one of my favourites. It was taken back in October when the leaves were in full autumnal colour, full of vibrant reds and golden browns.

Here's another that I like. I have been looking at it for a few weeks thinking 'Thats OK, but something is missing'
Then I realised that if the water had been still, the reflection would have made it soooo much better!
Still quite like it though!

Taken at Marton Hole, Whitegate Way, Cheshire.

4131990078_e59a9b0a73.jpg

Thanks for looking and keep em coming!!

These are a couple of my recent favs with the 350D. All clickable.

Some amazing shots here. I have had my 350d for a couple of years now but only now really learning how to use it.

I have started making some ground, but still a long way to go before rivalling some of the stuff in here. I recently just picked up the 18-55mm IS lens and am thinking of hitting a 50mm prime as love to do landscapes and pictures of cars / people.

Have any of the pics above had post image processing as I cannot get mine to look anywhere near as good. Here are a couple I took recently.

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

I moved on from the 350D a couple of years ago but it provided me with some of the best shots I've ever taken. I often think about picking one up again as a spare body, I might just do that now after looking back at it's results. :)

A few of my favourites from it -

With an EFS 10-22
Mooo-finished3.jpg

With a Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
TelevisionTowerBerlin.jpg

With an EF 100-400 L
BlackGuillemot.jpg

Great camera for me (y)

These are a couple of my recent favs with the 350D. All clickable.

This thread is geting better & better!!
Just love the 1st in the bigger version!
Thought the second was Ozzy Osborne at first glance!!
Excellent set!

Some amazing shots here. I have had my 350d for a couple of years now but only now really learning how to use it.

I have started making some ground, but still a long way to go before rivalling some of the stuff in here. I recently just picked up the 18-55mm IS lens and am thinking of hitting a 50mm prime as love to do landscapes and pictures of cars / people.

Have any of the pics above had post image processing as I cannot get mine to look anywhere near as good. Here are a couple I took recently.

IMG_0021.jpg

Not a lot wrong with them, just need a tweek or two!
I had a go at the last one, hope you don't mind!
Just raised the WB and colour a tad.

4200700925_efc5c95268.jpg

I moved on from the 350D a couple of years ago but it provided me with some of the best shots I've ever taken. I often think about picking one up again as a spare body, I might just do that now after looking back at it's results. :)

A few of my favourites from it -

With an EFS 10-22
Mooo-finished3.jpg

With a Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
TelevisionTowerBerlin.jpg

With an EF 100-400 L
BlackGuillemot.jpg

Great camera for me (y)

3 stunning pics there! 1st HDR? not keen on HDR but I like that!

I REALLY miss my 350D.... didn't replace it out of choice, my brother went and broke it by kicking a damn football at it! *fumes* I quite agree, brilliant camera, and one I'll miss forever!!

Vi x

I REALLY miss my 350D.... didn't replace it out of choice, my brother went and broke it by kicking a damn football at it! *fumes* I quite agree, brilliant camera, and one I'll miss forever!!

Vi x

Do you find the 450d MUCH different? Or better? Or worse?

If you want to see HOW good the 350d is, have a look at THIS thread!
I know it says it is a Rebel XT, but that is the US version of our beloved camera!!

I really like the 350d (though I haven't used any other camera so my field of reference is very limited ; ). I sometimes feel a little inadequate with many having expensive cameras but it's nice to know there are lots of people on here who use it.
Here is my photo contribution, used my 50mm 1.8 and some amount of pp.

Hi Paul and welcome!
Great Macro! Center of flower is pin sharp! Keep em coming!!

I've recently upgraded to a 450D but used my 350D for over 4 years and still think it's an excellent camera.

Here is just 1 shot taken with the ordinary 18-55mm kit lens fitted with a +10 dioptre close up lens (bought on ebay):

With an EFS 10-22
Mooo-finished3.jpg

Awesome, I love this. Everything's right - even got all the cows nearly looking the same way! Like the soft HD touch as well, not too intrusive.

Arthur

Awesome, I love this. Everything's right - even got all the cows nearly looking the same way! Like the soft HD touch as well, not too intrusive.

Many thanks Arthur! (y)

TBH the web image dosn't do it as much justice, I had a 20x30in print of this done and to say I was stunned is an understatement! :)

4743_204196035601_641030601_7243515_418458_n.jpg

straight out of the camera, taken with an old 28-70.

12539_315990895601_641030601_9491880_7169873_n.jpg

My wifes nephew, taken with 50mm 1.8.

Some of mine with the Rebel-XT (US version of the 350D) and the Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DC.

Back