Daily The Dodo's 366 Challenge 2012

and 17.......Truly scottish, As far as in concerned if you want a propa whisky, the only place it's comin from is scotland.
Altough i do like a good bourbon or irish, im sure any whisky fanatic (scottish or not), would appreciate the taste of a good single scottish malt

17/366 by The-dodo, on Flickr

Really like the Canal Basin and electric Wharf shots. Had just sent a message to Matt earlier looking for rejuvenated buildings in Cov and that I had been to both of these and Cash's Lane.
Any other suggestions for a project along this theme?

Is that West Orchards ceiling?

Really like the Canal Basin and electric Wharf shots. Had just sent a message to Matt earlier looking for rejuvenated buildings in Cov and that I had been to both of these and Cash's Lane.
Any other suggestions for a project along this theme?

Is that West Orchards ceiling?

Ah! only just realised you are in coventry too(y), andyes that would be west orchards:D
Had to quickly exit as i had somewhat annoyed the security in there by waving a big camera about:bonk:
I am planning a little urbexing shoot to be included in my challenge sometime soon, 2 locations on the cards, one being guys cliffe house in warwick and the other being the old river sherbourne culverts which run under the city center:D
Your more than welcome to join in if you wanted, the old courtaulds builing is quite interesting also(y)

Ah! only just realised you are in coventry too(y), andyes that would be west orchards:D
Had to quickly exit as i had somewhat annoyed the security in there by waving a big camera about:bonk:
I am planning a little urbexing shoot to be included in my challenge sometime soon, 2 locations on the cards, one being guys cliffe house in warwick and the other being the old river sherbourne culverts which run under the city center:D
Your more than welcome to join in if you wanted, the old courtaulds builing is quite interesting also(y)
Cheers for that, will get up to Coultard's at some point. Where do you access the Sherbourne?

Cheers for that, will get up to Coultard's at some point. Where do you access the Sherbourne?

Now that would be telling:D:D, I have been down a fair few times now so know my way around down there like the back of my own hands, short of a few select manholes the easiest way is down by gosford street, or if you like a challenge via the old crypts in charterhouse

Precisley why that and canadian club are OOF(y)

Just checking (y) I have some direct from this distillery in the booze cabinet (y) it's been in there about 10 years now still unopened :shrug:

Just checking (y) I have some direct from this distillery in the booze cabinet (y) it's been in there about 10 years now still unopened :shrug:

Ohh think we may have to rack that open at somepoint, should be nice and matured by now then(y)

Wow, day 15 is amazing - Please coul;d you tell me how you managed to do that?

I have seen your self portraits, and they are very good!, cheers for the support as you said it's not easy

matt_wright said:
Wow, day 15 is amazing - Please coul;d you tell me how you managed to do that?

Its made up from about 220 30sec exposures iso 800 f 4.5, then stacked using a program called starstax.
The key to the startrails is to locate polaris, find a foreground subject and fire away.
I have some other trails you can look at on my flickr

And number 21, today i found out just how unfit i actually am!, must get back into the gym:puke:
went climbing to the top of coventry's old cathedral........

21/366 by The-dodo, on Flickr

i did give it some ccw but it made the horizon look all wonky:thinking:, maybe cov was built crooked:shrug::D

just to let all know, i have not given up on my challenge, but experiencing some major computer issues at the moment and will post the missing photos asap(y)

just to let all know, i have not given up on my challenge, but experiencing some major computer issues at the moment and will post the missing photos asap(y)

Told you to stop looking at them websites :naughty:

As mentioned before down to silly computer problems...iv'e been away from here for a few days, back now and time to catch up on my missed challenge entries........
Day 22, Took me to a favourite place of mine, sutton stop, home to some lovely canal boats, bridges....and also the pub!

22/366 by The-dodo, on Flickr

And 23......

23/366 by The-dodo, on Flickr

This was taken at coombe abbey park, the sunset wasnt the best so i cheated and used a sunset effect filter

Not to sure if this will be to everyones taste, but i wanted to have a play with some different processing skills

24/366 by The-dodo, on Flickr

and 25....
I almost forgot to take a photo today as i was chatting away with matt, who kindly pointed out to me it was gone 11pm and i still needed to take a photo, so a quick rumage through my pockets unearthed this pound coin!

25/366 by The-dodo, on Flickr

and finally upto date with 26......This is a necklace i bought for my wife last xmas

26/366 by The-dodo, on Flickr

I know, its good to be back online!, just about to watch gary's tutorial as your effort is awsome(y)

I really like number 27 -
How on earth did you do that?

Also like the closeup of the ring / jewellery - i think i will use this idea at some point this year.

Matt

I really like number 27 -
How on earth did you do that?

Also like the closeup of the ring / jewellery - i think i will use this idea at some point this year.

Matt

The tunnel was lightpainted using a flash gun, ideally i would normally use colored gels on the flash but had none to hand therefore manually adjusted them in photoshop.
the wire wool was in a small bird feeder then using a 9v battery and a lil spray on lynx lit and spun around like crazy via some rope.
I am not a vandal that goes around spray painting things, the graffiti is completly faked via photoshop(y)

Day 29.....TP Meet day, i was not going to use an image from Broadway tower as i really was not overly happy with any of them, the weather although was dry was dreadful!
but i thought i would go ahead and play with one anyway...and decided to use it in the end(y)

28/366 by The-dodo, on Flickr

And i will make this a double post so heres number 30 aswell.....

29/366 by The-dodo, on Flickr

31/366 by The-dodo, on Flickr

Went for a wonder along the canal by my house earlier today, the weather was grey and dull, so decided to process this in b&w and giving it an aged film look

Nice to see an update mate :D I'm loving the 50p photos (y)

Matt

Im attempting an entire set of the olympic ones, have the rowing one for today which i will put up shortly, the outcome will entirely depend upon which ones i manage to come across(y)

Back