Daily The Dodo's 366 Challenge 2012

63....over in luton with matt we cam across a old castle chapel ruin, i took a few shots there but for some reason kept coming back to using this one

63/366 by The-dodo, on Flickr

A nice spot of light painting mate, good coverage and a nice little bit of a reflection starting but you need to make sure that you have a clean surface for the subject there are a few buts of stuff on the black surface :bonk:

Matt

tonight i was slightly dissapointed as i was hoping to get a nice shot of tonights full moon.
just as i got into position as reliable as the good old british weather can be...It clouded over.
Therfore decided to take this view of St michaels cathedral in coventry

68/366 by The-dodo, on Flickr

69/366.........
69/366 The moon in motion by The-dodo, on Flickr

watching the clouds pass infront of the moon this evening gave me the inspiration for todays photo.
I couldnt get into the perfect location as i was concerned if i went around hunting for one, knowing my luck the opportunity would be gone, therfore i took this from the balcony at the back of my house

71/366......Out once again with matt for a spot of startrailing and strobist work, the strobist work didnt go quite to plan, as we were located next to the canal around 3 frames into the painting my lens began to fog up, renedering most of the lighting unusable

71/366 by The-dodo, on Flickr

73/366......
Not something i would usually do for my challenge, but with the invite from a local paranormal research group, who had seen some of my nighttime stuff, i was asked to spend a while messing around in an old celler beneath the golden cross pub in coventry.
Not a photo i would normally keep, but something a bit different

73/366 by The-dodo, on Flickr

You deffently had the better side for that star trail (y) I'm pleased you got a little light painting in yours (y)

Matt

I pnly managed half the LP as the rest was just as i began misting up, which is a real shame as it would of looked great, but you cant win em all :LOL:

That graffiti is wonderful I wonder if it was a photographer :LOL: if there is one near it saying JPG we will have to start hunting for them :LOL:

Its about the most colorful thing around my area:LOL:, i will have a looksie the otherside in the morning to have a lil check:D

Some nice photo's since my last visit mate, I'm intrigued where abouts is that statue? though since my last visit I have to say I love the key's simple but very effective (y)

Matt

Its smack bang in the middle of the canal basin, i would of done some stobist work on it but i forget to change the batterys in my flash:bang:

I was really not happy with the way this turned out color wise, my screen had done some weird re-set, so after re-calibrating i had another play with todays image, and(y)(y) to matt for his version also(y)

day 82 re-edit by The-dodo, on Flickr

Last edited:
Darrell, you have a lot of great daily photos here, the church ruins are amongst the outstanding in my mind..star trails..i've never tried so good effort..i spot a familiar windmill in there..(y)

as for light trails... i see Matt has some competition in the making..

i think some of yours lack depth.. what do you use for PP, maybe if you added contrast? :thinking: ... though the bridge on day 22 is brilliant...

if one stood out though is day 47... was this painted with light? or flash... its just a shame about the tiled wall.. moved to a table by itself then taken...:shrug:

overall.. you made a remarkable start to the year... keep going.. (y)

I love the barrels (y) that works well though I suspect that with the coloured banding I think that the colour version would have been better

I also like the church (y) but do think that the second version is a lot better tonally (y) than the HDRed first one

Darrell, you have a lot of great daily photos here, the church ruins are amongst the outstanding in my mind..star trails..i've never tried so good effort..i spot a familiar windmill in there..(y)

i think some of yours lack depth.. what do you use for PP, maybe if you added contrast? :thinking: ... though the bridge on day 22 is brilliant...

if one stood out though is day 47... was this painted with light? or flash... its just a shame about the tiled wall.. moved to a table by itself then taken...:shrug:

I've clearly taught him to well on the light trails front :LOL: :bonk:

Matt

Cheers, for the input, all will be taken on board(y)

Hi Darrell, just had a quick flick through, you have a thread full of excellent pics, going back to day one, that was a stunning image to start the project with. Like the chesterton shot from the other night. (y)

Cheers, i do like the way it came out, im always hunting for new locations around by me, the only downside is always combating LP, i would love to find a location right out in the sticks, with pitch black sky's(y)

Back