The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

If anyone is interested in the 35mm f/2 and doesn't mind a silver one, Amazon are currently selling them for the fairly modest sum of £294.04, which is less than Fuji will charge you for a refurb. I've just ordered one for my holiday next month!

Crete again, Dave? We're off on the 29th of this month so might see you there (if you're going back to Ayia Apostoli!)

Crete again, Dave? We're off on the 29th of this month so might see you there (if you're going back to Ayia Apostoli!)
Yes indeed! I should be there from the 4th (well realistically the 5th, for purposes of having a drink). Would be great to see you if we can work it out :)

See, I searched and for some reason couldn't find it... now I've had to buy one...

Although apparently I can't as when I try to add to basket, I get the choice to add extra 2 yesr insurance... except it isnt a choice because when I click "no thanks" it doesnt go anywhere. Buy Now isn't going anywhere either... hmmm

*ETA - browser change seems to have solved whatever the issue was.

Last edited:
Yes indeed! I should be there from the 4th (well realistically the 5th, for purposes of having a drink). Would be great to see you if we can work it out :)

We're doing the same as last year so will be in the South from (I think!) the third until the 8th. I still have your mobile number so will text you when we're around.

Chaps, thinking of selling my XF60, any ideas what it may be worth?

No box, but in VGC, with the metal hood. I'm hardly using my gear at the moment, and now I have the 50-140, this is surplus to requirements.

Chaps, thinking of selling my XF60, any ideas what it may be worth?

No box, but in VGC, with the metal hood. I'm hardly using my gear at the moment, and now I have the 50-140, this is surplus to requirements.

£260 -£300

XF35 arrived today - love that Amazon free 5 day shipping pretty much never takes more than 48 hours!

Quick unboxing and play and it really is a quality piece of kit, plus it looks stunningly retro on the graphite X-T10.

Looking for ward to getting out and shooting some street with it.
Just about to unbox mine! Silver will probably look funny on my black X-T10, but I'm no fashion icon myself :)

Ten minutes later, blimey this thing is tiny! Easily the smallest lens I've ever picked up. And a single shot at f/2.8 is enough to convince me that it's as sharp as a very sharp thing that's been honed to a fine edge... Good stuff.

Last edited:
You guys need to reflect on your recent behaviour, you didn't merge with the XH-1thread so we have taken your Stephen L from you, there will be more :D;)

Not only Sir, But Also !! :whistle::D:D

“Although there’s no way that I’ll stop using my XT units as I love them, the XH-1 is an addition rather than a replacement”

George.

and one from a wander at sunset. This is a joint effort with my son, as he saw the shot and suggested the composition while I was trying to take a barely mediocre shot in the opposite direction.
Sunset tree III by Ian, on Flickr

The old adage about looking behind you for a better shot..love the Blood Moon

That's brilliant, well done.
It turned out to be a bit of a pain. I thought I would just take one shot of the moon but it was smaller than expected and hidden by clouds. So I took a few more as it rose and then realised that a sequence might be a good idea. Unfortunately, once back inside I realised that the house was out of focus. So two days later I tried to reconstruct the shot, guessing the location and height of the tripod and the focal length on the zoom. And then finally yesterday I managed to merge the various shots to my liking. So, not the best planned shout ever, but it came out OK.

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of an old Discarded Winch Assembly that looks like it was powered by an old four pot side vent gasoline engine with the cog box & shift stick still attached, possibly used for hauling fishing boats or catch up the beach from the sea.
In the background you can see one of the many old boats scattered about on the beach that have just been Left Behind.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T2, 10-24mm Lens, 1/420th @ F8, ISO-200, Monopod. I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast gritty look with this snap.
Things Left Behind (13) (Dungeness)-03250 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Last edited:
Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of an old Discarded Winch Assembly that looks like it was powered by an old four pot side vent gasoline engine with the cog box & shift stick still attached, possibly used for hauling fishing boats or catch up the beach from the sea.
In the background you can see one of the many old boats scattered about on the beach that have just been Left Behind.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T2, 10-24mm Lens, 1/420th @ F8, ISO-200, Monopod. I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast gritty look with this snap.
Things Left Behind (13) (Dungeness)-03250 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

George, I'm not usually one to comment on processing of images as I think its up to the photographer to present their vision, but......

The gritty look has done some unfortunate things on the horizon, there is a lot of haloing (is that a word!!!) notably around the building and the two objects to the left of them on the horizon. If you processed this in Silver Efex, you could have used control points to give you the grittyness that you wanted on the foreground and left a softer approach in the background. It would have also helped separate the foreground interest from the shingle in the mid part of the image. The control points is a very powerful part of Silver Efex.

I have been guilty in the past of over-processing with my 'Northern Gritty' filter, but these days I tame it a bit. I hope this helps, its meant to be constructive

I think the concept of the image though!!!

George, I'm not usually one to comment on processing of images as I think its up to the photographer to present their vision, but......

The gritty look has done some unfortunate things on the horizon, there is a lot of haloing (is that a word!!!) notably around the building and the two objects to the left of them on the horizon. If you processed this in Silver Efex, you could have used control points to give you the grittyness that you wanted on the foreground and left a softer approach in the background. It would have also helped separate the foreground interest from the shingle in the mid part of the image. The control points is a very powerful part of Silver Efex.

I have been guilty in the past of over-processing with my 'Northern Gritty' filter, but these days I tame it a bit. I hope this helps, its meant to be constructive

I think the concept of the image though!!!

Thank you fellow snapper, I sure do appreciated your reply.(y)

“I see what you mean, but its probably just me pushing the darkening of the sky a bit too much as I don’t use any plugins whatsoever like Silver Efex etc, I just do all of my PP work with the basic controls in LR & PS until the main part of the snap looks about right, and very seldom pull things up to look at the pixels more closely”

George.

Isn't the XT3 rumoured to be made in china? Hence the lower price tag.
Yes which despite the fact many goods of decent quality come from China these days it puts me off, love Japanese manufactured goods or at a push Vietnamese

My first attempt at star trails. Lots (60+?) 30 second exposures at f2 (12mm Samyang) iso 1600 blended in StarTrax. Taken in middle of nowhere in central Italy but our house has a streetlight attached which caused some light pollution. Clear skies are forecast for tonight so I will have another go with a different composition.
StarTrail I by Ian, on Flickr

My first attempt at star trails. Lots (60+?) 30 second exposures at f2 (12mm Samyang) iso 1600 blended in StarTrax. Taken in middle of nowhere in central Italy but our house has a streetlight attached which caused some light pollution. Clear skies are forecast for tonight so I will have another go with a different composition.
Love it !!!!!!

Fantastic scene! Nice star colours too!

Superb!

Back