The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of one of the many old boats scattered about the beach that have just been Left To Rot. In the lower right corner of the frame is part of one of the old railway lines that were used for hauling the boats or catch up the beach from the sea.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T2, 10-24mm Lens, 1/680th @ F8, ISO-200, Monopod.
Things Left Behind (15)-03252 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
Lovely shotGeaorge some lovely tones and details (y)

Have a read back, everything was relating to eye af and whether it would be as good as Sony's.

You think you made a joke, fair enough. But don't try and pass your stupidity as mine.

"Everything"? :D That one post from Riz = everything now? go put the kettle on Barry. The conversation didnt even start there. We were having a light hearted laugh and comparisons in general came up. You woke up and decided to join in the middle and be a dry s***e. It IS your stupidity, don't take your morning cramps out on me because you missed the clear joke. Even when it's explained to you, which you didn't deserve, you're so up your own hole you're still trying to be the smart ass and failing. You just come across like a grumpy pedantic old fart who's bad with mornings.

Now quit ruining the thread, you clearly have no real interest only to try pick idiotic arguments you're not able for

Last edited:
Another one from the Morgan Open day. An original 3 wheeler from 1939 (I think).

I rarely do colour pop, but it seemed to work better than just plain momo.

3 wheels by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

T2 & 10-24 (again)

The perfect colour pop shot and subject (y)

I haveor have owned most if not all of the Fuji X bodies all have been used in various conditions and locations.
And I can honestly say each and every one has performed faultless.
By now you will see the XT3 has been announced and specs are looking good:)(y)
Sorry I’m late with this reply I’m trying to catch up after a time of being absent from the forums and group!
You may even of changed systems by now?

I've had 5 Fuji cameras to date, enjoyed each one in different way, there wasn't much to moan about. But .. there is niggles, we can deny them away but they were there. I am interested in the T3, but need to see more evidence that old issues have been sorted. New sensor, new era, let's hope this is the one. The only thing it's missing for me is IBIS. But, meh, I lived without it for a long time, sometimes I think we're all just a bit too spoiled and there's too many crutches.

Last edited:
"Everything"? :D That one post from Riz = everything now? go put the kettle on Barry. The conversation didnt even start there. We were having a light hearted laugh and comparisons in general came up. You woke up and decided to join in the middle and be a dry s***e. It IS your stupidity, don't take your morning cramps out on me because you missed the clear joke. Even when it's explained to you, which you didn't deserve, you're so up your own hole you're still trying to be the smart ass and failing. You just come across like a grumpy pedantic old fart who's bad with mornings.

Now quit ruining the thread, you clearly have no real interest only to try pick idiotic arguments you're not able for
Yeah sure, you're right as always.

The real question is silver or black?

I can't decide, I want the black to be a little more discrete as I've already got a silver XT10 but the silver looks darn good.

Black here too, I do like the silver one though, but they tend to get grubbier quicker

Had the silver X100s - see avatar

I've used all 3 previous generations of X-Trans and my personal experience is that for RAW the 24MP sensor is excellent but the X-Pro1 with X-Trans 1 provided the best JPGs which seemed to have lovely tones...maybe a bit more organic than the other generations. Or maybe I'm just imagining all this :D

nice to have options.

this made me laugh though
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en5z-Q4po4M

Perfect example of how ignorant Joe and Julie public are to camera gear :D They don't care what you use, though they might think you're a perv or weirdo for using an all black one :D And here we are in here endlessly discussing how certain control buttons look, what comes across as 'pro', what's too big too small ... maybe we're the clueless ones?

I've been offered £200 for my XT10 plus the bonus makes it £400. Very good if I say so.

Hi George, have you ditched the X-T2’s and using X-H1’s for your business now?

No Sir, at the moment we are in a transition period. Each of our toggers have been issued with one Battery Packed X-H1 to use along side their X-T2s while they are getting used to them. I'll be slowly introducing more X-H1 units into our system during the next few months with a full transition by about the end of the year.(y)

"As you know the photography business is not my main source of income and I desperately need to spend more time with my other interests. So I'm personally looking to pulling out of the actual picture taking side of things at the end of the year, still owning the company of course but leaving the pointed end of the work to employees and not spending as much time there myself. The constant demand for travelling etc has really got me down and I really do need to take a break"

George.

The constant demand for travelling etc has really got me down and I really do need to take a break"

George.
Know what you mean, @G.K.Jnr. I have to walk the dog a mile down the road to meet the wife out of work, and the mile back. Every day, in (almost) all weathers. Still, I don't have much trouble with immigration and customs at the Settle/Giggleswick border. :D

No Sir, at the moment we are in a transition period. Each of our toggers have been issued with one Battery Packed X-H1 to use along side their X-T2s while they are getting used to them. I'll be slowly introducing more X-H1 units into our system during the next few months with a full transition by about the end of the year.(y)

"As you know the photography business is not my main source of income and I desperately need to spend more time with my other interests. So I'm personally looking to pulling out of the actual picture taking side of things at the end of the year, still owning the company of course but leaving the pointed end of the work to employees and not spending as much time there myself. The constant demand for travelling etc has really got me down and I really do need to take a break"

George.
The X-H1's certainly look a great camera, not that the XT2's shabby of course ;) IBIS is great as you say, it's not until you've had it that you realise how beneficial it is. I know that companies have to distinguish models but it does surprise me they haven't added IBIS to the XT3.

Anyway, sounds like you're planning on the right thing, some well earned time off (y)

Wex are offering me £850 for my D750... with a £200 bonus from Fujifilm on top. Very tempted! But also aware this could just be GAS. I love my D750 too

Wex are offering me £850 for my D750... with a £200 bonus from Fujifilm on top. Very tempted! But also aware this could just be GAS. I love my D750 too

Full frame vs APS-C?

Surely GAS ;)

George.

Is that a vacancy I spy George? :D

George.

It`s all about delegation, George ;) Get them on the red eye, and put your feet up a while (y)

Guys any of you using a grip on the xt20? I'm going to be using the 16-55 imminently and I know it's a heavy bugger. Would a thumb grip suffice? Studio work only not really be carrying it for long periods.

Guys any of you using a grip on the xt20? I'm going to be using the 16-55 imminently and I know it's a heavy bugger. Would a thumb grip suffice? Studio work only not really be carrying it for long periods.

You're going to be holding that combination by the lens grip or not I imagine, but I would get something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/XT10-Verti...26&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=fuji+xt20+grip&psc=1

Pity the grip isn't rubberised, but should still feel a lot more secure with a heavy lens

You're going to be holding that combination by the lens grip or not I imagine, but I would get something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/XT10-Verti...26&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=fuji+xt20+grip&psc=1

Pity the grip isn't rubberised, but should still feel a lot more secure with a heavy lens
I tend to agree. I was looking at the real fuji one and the reason was the textured grip. Might just bite the bullet for the sake of another 30 quid. I like the look of some of the solid wood ones but not sure I'd like the feel of them.

Is that a vacancy I spy George? :D

:D:D:D That’s always a possibility Sir,(y)

“We usually try to offer the more important positions to those personel that have been with us for a while in one capacity or another and who have shown promise and enthusiasm to cover less demanding motor sport events in the UK before letting them loose on the high end events around the world”

George.

Back