The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Me too Sir, after using the X-H1 for a while and that really good IBIS I’m not interested in anything without it.(y)

George.
Hi George, have you ditched the X-T2’s and using X-H1’s for your business now?

Anyone seen a side by side between the silver xt3 vs the graphite xt2?
Not seen side by side but I was never overly keen on the graphite. I bought the graphite XT1 and preferred the silver of the XT10 and Olympus, I think silver should be a winner.

https://jonasraskphotography.com/2018/09/06/fujifilm-x-t3-review-next-generation-x/

Realistically, does anybody think the AF / AF-C will be as good as the Sony A7 III, what about low-light ISO ability / DR? :D What about Eye-AF? Mmmmm
I doubt it’ll match the A7III, but it’s not in that market so I wouldn’t expect it to. The A6xxx would be a better comparison.

Have Fuji got a lens road map? I always liked the 18-55mm f2.8-4 but ideally wanted weather sealing and wondered if they had anything in the pipeline. The 16-55mm f2.8 is a bit too big and heavy for travel for me.

Hi George, have you ditched the X-T2’s and using X-H1’s for your business now?

Not seen side by side but I was never overly keen on the graphite. I bought the graphite XT1 and preferred the silver of the XT10 and Olympus, I think silver should be a winner.

I doubt it’ll match the A7III, but it’s not in that market so I wouldn’t expect it to. The A6xxx would be a better comparison.

The xt1 and xt2 graphites are slightly different in colour. Xt2 is nicer imo.
This xt3 - the black part of the camera seems a darker shade and the silver a little brighter. Going by pics obviously.

Last edited:
The xt1 and xt2 graphites are slightly different in colour. Xt2 is boxed imo.
This xt3 - the black part of the camera seems a darker shade and the silver a little brighter. Going by pics obviously.
Im not down with the kids so am unfamiliar with this phrase ;)

Between the operation speeds, improved low light performance, and autofocus improvements this is a total win. And the already small gap between APS-C and full frame is all but closed in my opinion.

I’ve heard similar statements like this in the past regarding Fuji APS-C being as good as FF, but it wasn’t the case and I was slightly disappointed with the Fuji XT-2 for this and other reasons.
I will see if I can borrow an XT-3 for a short period this time around [emoji1]

If Fuji made a Fuji X-T3 designed full-frame body, it would be an amazing camera.
I wonder if they will ever get their GFX range to perform as quick or quicker than bodies like the Sony A7 III.

Last edited:
I’ve heard similar statements like this in the past regarding Fuji APS-C being as good as FF, but it wasn’t the case and I was slightly disappointed with the Fuji XT-2 for this and other reasons.

If Fuji made a Fuji X-T3 designed full-frame body, it would be an amazing camera.
I wonder if they will ever get their GFX range to perform as quick or quicker than bodies like the Sony A7 III.
APS-C can never be “as good”, it’s simple physics. It can be close enough to be barely perceivable in general use though (y).

X-T3 design FF body wouldn’t be good imo. The grip’s not deep enough to work well with some of the current lenses let alone heavier FF ones :eek:

Sure, it’s wise to take an x photographers review of Fuji gear with a grain of salt. However there are plenty of Fuji shooters doing better work than those with ff gear.

The only time FF is pretty obvious is the shallower DOF at equal aperture or when it shows it's prowess in low light, on a good day it's hard to distinguish between

The only time FF is pretty obvious is the shallower DOF at equal aperture or when it shows it's prowess in low light, on a good day it's hard to distinguish between
Agreed, but even in those situations I wouldn’t say it’s “obvious” (y)

@Riz_Guru In all seriousness, unless there is something about the handling of the Sony cameras that you have that is stopping you from cracking open the glass cabinet, then I wouldn't be looking at any new gear at all, you just need to get out more and use the excellent gear that you already have!!! :)

The X-T3 is 'interesting', but unless the low light performance is a significant step up, the dynamic range improved, and the AF so amazing that I can't live with it, then I'm sticking with the T2. Most of what I shoot doesn't move, a lot is on a tripod. I'm going to get off the gear wagon and concentrate on improving my general photographic skills, its not the camera that's holding me back.......

Amazed to see @snerkler even asking questions about Fuji's, his capability of spotting a worm at 100 paces is legendary :D

The Fuji's are never going to give you ultimate image quality, what they do give is a neat package with excellent handling and some quality glass, and as @Cagey75 says often its hard to distinguish between (FF). It all depends what you want to do, print at A0, pixel peep on a screen or just be a regular person and print (typically up to A3), I'm more than happy with the Fuji's for the latter.

What annoys me about the article @addicknchips posted - apart from the obvious bias from a Fuji X photographer, is that the guy hails the low light performance [the Heron shot] but doesn't tell us what level it was taken at. Sometimes we really do what all the data. I mean, for all we know that could be just ISO 2000

Last edited:
Yes but will it be as good as the Sony versions? :D

There will always be something better 6 months or so down the line. Even you eventually won’t be able to keep up. It’s probably not as good, but it’s a step in the right direction for sure.

@Riz_Guru

Amazed to see @snerkler even asking questions about Fuji's, his capability of spotting a worm at 100 paces is legendary :D

Lol, I live in hope that they sort the Xtrans :p Apparently the gen 2 is better than the gen 1, and the gen 3 better than the gen 2, so this gen 4 could be the one ;) I don't honestly see how one can be better than the other as it's the sensor colour arrangement and how software interprets it, but you never know. I don't know what it is about Fuji, I wasn't overly keen on the handling of the XT1 and didn't like the output at times, but I seem to be drawn to them like a moth to a flame :LOL:

Lol, I live in hope that they sort the Xtrans :p Apparently the gen 2 is better than the gen 1, and the gen 3 better than the gen 2, so this gen 4 could be the one ;) I don't honestly see how one can be better than the other as it's the sensor colour arrangement and how software interprets it, but you never know. I don't know what it is about Fuji, I wasn't overly keen on the handling of the XT1 and didn't like the output at times, but I seem to be drawn to them like a moth to a flame :LOL:

Tried an x-t2? Subtle changes to the body make quite a difference. All the dials and buttons feel better. Granted I prefer adding a grip to it though.

Last edited:
Tried an x-t2? Subtle changes to the body make quite a difference. All the disks and buttons feel better. Granted I prefer adding a grip to it though.
Sure have, although not for an extended period.

And they have somehow integrated their colour science into the eye af? :rolleyes:

The image!, Jesus you lot sometimes .. :rolleyes: I know it's early but use yer cop on

Having to explain the joke ... at least the person I was joking with got it

Last edited:
Yes but will it be as good as the Sony versions? :D

It'll be more vibrant, and £600 less :p

More vibrant?

Yeah aint you heard, Fuji 'colour science' is the BOMB! :D

And they have somehow integrated their colour science into the eye af? :rolleyes:

The image!, Jesus you lot sometimes .. :rolleyes: I know it's early but use yer cop on

Or maybe you could follow what is being said. :)

Or maybe you could follow what is being said. :)

You're just extending your dim now. I still meant the image will be more vibrant, I didn't expect anyone to take it so literally, that's on you pedantics. The joke [note the :p ] was for Riz a one liner that you're dragging out for what reason exactly? If you really need further elaboration - Sony are oft accused of having not so great colours towards others. They have better eye AF, but the Fuji image will be more vibrant and it costs a lot less, choose your preference. Now if I had type all that to begin with , it would have been just more geek discussion, but as it was a cheeky dig in jest ...

Must remember when doing so in future to cater for the tech-talk only gearhead

Last edited:
Can I ask those of you with the 100 - 400 what you use to store the lens in when not in use?

It's quite a big beast and I wonder if anyone has found a suitable pouch or case to keep it; or do you just leave it in your camera bag?

Cheers

I found mine fits rather snugly in a neoprene pouch and I turn fits nicely into a Lowepro messenger bag either upright or lying down with a body attached :)

Due to the weight of my camera bag, I'm seriously thinking of jumping the good ship Nikon and hopefully landing on board the Fuji one.

One of the main things that has worried me as I've been searching through Google are the tales of a new XT-3 body not to far away and the reports of Fuji cameras locking up. Can I ask if there is any strength in these stories at all? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
I haveor have owned most if not all of the Fuji X bodies all have been used in various conditions and locations.
And I can honestly say each and every one has performed faultless.
By now you will see the XT3 has been announced and specs are looking good:)(y)
Sorry I’m late with this reply I’m trying to catch up after a time of being absent from the forums and group!
You may even of changed systems by now?

Well I have to say I'm pretty impressed with what Fuji have done with the X-T3 and they've done all that and kept the price very reasonable.

It's quite funny that both Canon and Nikon have both announced Mirrorless camera this month and have been met with much criticism, then all of a sudden Fuji announce this and really there isn't anything to complain about really.

I will be looking to get one on release :)

Well I have to say I'm pretty impressed with what Fuji have done with the X-T3 and they've done all that and kept the price very reasonable.

It's quite funny that both Canon and Nikon have both announced Mirrorless camera this month and have been met with much criticism, then all of a sudden Fuji announce this and really there isn't anything to complain about really.

I will be looking to get one on release :)
I think Fuji have a very good customer base and their bodies keep improving with each step to keep them happy. Your right, there doesn't seem to be much negativity towards the XT-3.
The Nikon and Canon customers have been waiting and waiting for their mirrorless offerings, some were saying they would kick Sony off the top spot in terms of technology / performance etc.
When they finally came, they did not meet the majority of customer expectations, hence the big back lash. Disappointing indeed.

A really big thank you for all the help and honest replies about changing to Fuji mirrorless. I do love the colours the XT-2 produces and, as I have to struggle viewing the D810s screen on low down shots, I'm really looking forward to being able to use the Fuji's two way flip out screen.

Although I'm thinking of hanging on to my D810 short term and running the Fuji alongside for a time, can I ask what lenses members on here make most use of? I now take mainly landscapes and urban building shots.

For landscapes if il feeling up to carrying it all Samyang 8mm f2.8fisheye XF10-14mm f4, XF18-135mm and sometimes the XF 100-400mm with 1.4x & 2x But I have to have at least 1 extra wheetabix to take the full payload o_O
I kept my Nikon D810 too :)(y)

You're just extending your dim now. I still meant the image will be more vibrant, I didn't expect anyone to take it so literally, that's on you pedantics. The joke [note the :p ] was for Riz a one liner that you're dragging out for what reason exactly? If you really need further elaboration - Sony are oft accused of having not so great colours towards others. They have better eye AF, but the Fuji image will be more vibrant and it costs a lot less, choose your preference. Now if I had type all that to begin with , it would have been just more geek discussion, but as it was a cheeky dig in jest ...

Must remember when doing so in future to cater for the tech-talk only gearhead

Have a read back, everything was relating to eye af and whether it would be as good as Sony's.

You think you made a joke, fair enough. But don't try and pass your stupidity as mine.

Thank you fellow snapper, I sure do appreciated your reply.(y)

“I’ll do my best just for you Sir, it might be difficult though as @Mr Perceptive said I should stop using my 55-200mm, so I did just to keep him happy. And now you want me to stop using my 10-24mm. I’m a wonderin’ what a guy’s supposed to do in this situation. On second thoughts don’t answer that” :D:D

George.
Maybe just put a body cap on instead ? ;) :kiss:

Back