The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Have they always done silver version in X-Tx series?

I always imagined all X-T2 were black and X-T20 were all silver (latter looks better IMO)
No they did a graphite not silver but charged a premium for it. The finish is superb on the graphite XT-2 but I suspect the T3 will be the same as the X100 in silver, not knocking it but I suspect it could mark easily. The graphite was a premium finish.

Just a simple Landscape type Fujigraph taken at Fairfield Kent UK of the tiny St Thomas a Becket Church.

St Thomas à Becket Church in Fairfield stands alone in a field on the Marsh, surrounded by water courses and sheep. A causeway was built in 1913, and until then the church was more often than not surrounded by water during the winter and spring.
Fairfield, the village it once served has long since disappeared, but the church has survived and is now part of a parish which includes the villages of Brookland, Brenzett and Snargate. The church is dedicated to St Thomas à Becket, the Archbishop of Canterbury from 1162 until his murder in 1170.

Legend has it that the Archbishop was journeying across the dangerous Romney Marsh, when he fell into one of the many ditches. He prayed to St.Thomas, as he came up for the second time, for a miracle to save him from a watery death. Just in time a farmer arrived to save him, and in gratitude the Archbishop had the little church built and dedicated to St Thomas a Becket.

Sometime around AD 1200 a simple structure of timber and lath construction was built as a purely temporary measure to provide the local farmers with a place of worship. Temporary became permanent, and the 13th century building survived intact until the 18th century, when the entire timber building was encased within brick walls, and the roof covered with heavy red tiles.

In 1912 the fabric was in a very poor state and a complete rebuilding within the timber framework took place. However, the inside of the church was, fortunately, left untouched. It is Georgian, with a three decker pulpit, box pews and texts boards. The pews are still painted white with black linings.

The interior is pure Georgian theatrics; entering the church is like stepping back into the 18th century. The interior is filled with rows of box pews, painted bright white, with a triple-decker pulpit rising over them and Biblical texts staring down from the walls.

X-T2, 60mm F2.4 Lens, 1/1700th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Tripod.
St Thomas à Becket Church (Fairfield) (1)-03247 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

It was still in regular use into the fifties my late wife was confirmed there.

Not for me.

Of course it's a personal preference, just looks more beasty IMO. Looks like it wouldn't show scratches so easily. I had the X100s [see avatar] now that would have been gorgeous in the darker graphite

Last edited:
Of course it's a personal preference, just looks more beasty IMO. Looks like it wouldn't show scratches so easily

Oh it’s nice don’t get me wrong. I think I just prefer the t2 as has a little more shine and the others dials show it off a bit more.

Now the graphite x-pro 2 is an absolute thing of beauty.

Oh it’s nice don’t get me wrong. I think I just prefer the t2 as has a little more shine and the others dials show it off a bit more.

Now the graphite x-pro 2 is an absolute thing of beauty.

Yeah the pro2 graphite is sweet, again it's the darker shade. The silver XT2 is nice alright, just prefer that tad darker.

249B21A3-B452-46A9-A23F-00ACBB499E1D.jpeg Yeah they all seem to be different.

Although until you actually get them in your hand and look properly it’s hard to get an accurate understanding of the colour as to me they don’t look accurate online.

I liked my graphite Pro2. :) Seemed like a chip-resistant finish.

Absolutely loved mine. My gripe with the x-pro 2 is that the evf is too small for my liking. Found I’d get eye strain when using it for long periods.

Saying that, I’m sure I’ll get one again. But perhaps for more casual use.

For me, with the pro1, it was the ergonomics. I tried my best to get along with it, but my hand would cramp after using it a few hours, much preferred the X-T1, also the pro1 was pretty sluggish in use too.

I was in the WEX store today as it happens, I sensed there is a fair bit of hype around the Fuji's in general, not just the X-T3. There were two other people in there at the same time looking for somewhere with an X-T3 in stock and when I spoke to one of the guys about trading in my canon gear and moving to Fuji his response was "just like everyone else then". I spotted that they have a used 55-200 with my name all over it, very nearly walked out with that today but just about convinced myself that I need to get my canon lenses sold first!

I never got along with the x-pro series for ergonomics. X-Ts are very nice and so is X-H1.

Still waiting to try out x-t3... A friend has ordered it, we go out for weekend to shoot to try each others cameras. Let me try his X-H1, but really excited to try out x-t3 and 100-400 :D

It was still in regular use into the fifties my late wife was confirmed there.

Its still in regular use to this very day Sir, and is only a very short distance from where I live when I’m in the UK.(y)

George.

I had to use mine for a bit of work today, my boss asked if I could get some photos of some photo voltaic panels with glazing units to show to a prospective client. Sounds boring, and the photos back that up, but the reflections on the glass made it quite tricky for auto focus to lock onto the cells within the glass so witched on to manual focus and the X-T3 made it an absolute doddle to nail so I am very impressed!

Like I say though, very dull images!

Image-002 (Medium).jpg

Image-009 (Medium).jpg

Anyone got the hand grip for their XT-3? I have had them on my XT-1 and XT-2. For the XT-1, I had the large metal grip which was real quality. For my XT-2 I bought the Meike grip which isn't bad at all for the price.

For those desperate for an X-T3, I see Panamoz have camera bodies (back and silver) in stock at £1160. Not bad with a 3 year UK warranty. I am sticking with my X-H1 for now but it is a tempting little beast of a camera :)

Anyone got the hand grip for their XT-3? I have had them on my XT-1 and XT-2. For the XT-1, I had the large metal grip which was real quality. For my XT-2 I bought the Meike grip which isn't bad at all for the price.

I got one with mine. Didn't have one on the X-T1 previously, so thought I'd give it a try this time round. Feels very comfortable in the hand in both orientations - I actually prefer holding the camera landscape with it on now, after taking it off again for a brief while. Looks like I need to get the duster out too! :(:(

X-T3, 23mm and Battery Grip by Mark Bradley, on Flickr

I got one with mine. Didn't have one on the X-T1 previously, so thought I'd give it a try this time round. Feels very comfortable in the hand in both orientations - I actually prefer holding the camera landscape with it on now, after taking it off again for a brief while. Looks like I need to get the duster out too! :(:(

Definitely. My grip never leaves my X-T2, even for landscapes.

Thanks. I was referring to the hand grip. I bought the vertical grip for my XT1 and XT2 but didn't use it that much.

For those desperate for an X-T3, I see Panamoz have camera bodies (back and silver) in stock at £1160. Not bad with a 3 year UK warranty. I am sticking with my X-H1 for now but it is a tempting little beast of a camera :)

Dang, that is tempting!

Can someone with an X-T3 and uses Capture One try something.

Under shooting settings Turn Sports Finder Mode ON
Take some photos in RAW
Import into Capture One

On import all of the images appear completely purple - something that doesn't happen with any other images
Correct the white balance to get rid of the purple (but it's impossible to get the colours right)

I'm assuming this is an issue with Capture One editor with these RAW files (or me) but the results are shocking... (below cropped examples)

xt3.jpg

xt32.jpg

That looks great, when I order mine I will be getting that grip.

If anyone is after an XT2 camera jungle are giving 20% off at the minute making them £605 for a mint one. Plus you get a 12 month warranty and free delivery. I paid £699 2 weeks ago which I thought was good then!!

Any advice please about upgrading from Adobe Lightroom version 5.7 to the newer Lightroom Classic v7.2...? I don't want/wish to upgrade to the Cloud version, can you actually buy an Adobe CD loaded with Classic v7.2...?

My new X-H1 files needs Adobe Classic v7.2 to open files properly, I'm presently using a temporary fix with Adobe DNG converter but can't access any Fuji film simulations.

Cheers;
Peter

Any advice please about upgrading from Adobe Lightroom version 5.7 to the newer Lightroom Classic v7.2...? I don't want/wish to upgrade to the Cloud version, can you actually buy an Adobe CD loaded with Classic v7.2...?

My new X-H1 files needs Adobe Classic v7.2 to open files properly, I'm presently using a temporary fix with Adobe DNG converter but can't access any Fuji film simulations.

Cheers;
Peter

Classic CC is only available on line as far as I am aware as part of a 12 month subscription

Back