The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

New member here - ex Nikon, now fully Fuji. Very impressed with quality of your pics. Can someone enlighten me as to how to post images? Many thanks.

You can upload direct from a PC/laptop using the little mountain icon [beside the smiley face when you are creating a post] and selecting the images there, or you can link to your image on Flickr if you use that? Most do it via Flickr

You can upload direct from a PC/laptop using the little mountain icon [beside the smiley face when you are creating a post] and selecting the images there, or you can link to your image on Flickr if you use that? Most do it via Flickr
Thank you.

Right.....
Apart from @Dave70D and his glasses trouble ;) has anyone had an issues with FW3.00 on the XT-3
Planning on updating mine this afternoon...

Oh, and why do Sony's UHS2 SD Cards come in cases which are around 3x the size of Sandisk's? grrrrrrrr.
Mind you, 100mbps write, 260mbps read for <£30, so I'm not complaining (as long as they do hit those numbers).

Right.....
Apart from @Dave70D and his glasses trouble ;) has anyone had an issues with FW3.00 on the XT-3

Oh, and why do Sony's UHS2 SD Cards come in cases which are around 3x the size of Sandisk's? grrrrrrrr.
Mind you, 100mbps write, 260mbps read for <£30, so I'm not complaining (as long as they do hit those numbers).

FW3.00 is proving to be pretty darn good for me at the moment. Cards I use are Extreme Pro 32GB/64GB and I always have spares on me.

Right.....

No problems here with fw3.00 on my XT3...

o problems with FW3.00 here. (y)

FW3.00 is proving to be pretty darn good for me at the moment. Cards I use are Extreme Pro 32GB/64GB and I always have spares on me.
No problems here with fw3.00 on my XT3...
o problems with FW3.00 here. (y)

Cheers Chaps, I'll update this afternoon then...
@Dave70D I've been using the sandisk extremes too, I usually have 2 sets of spares, but as I need to leave at least a pair of cards in the X-T2, I figured I'd buy a couple of new ones, and UHS2 to see what difference it makes (not that I'm likely to ever use the 400mbps video functions).

8 minutes of fun at Llyn Ogwen

2irxXyKh.jpg

Back down my local lake yesterday. There's always at least 4 or 5 Herons hanging around as it has around a dozen or so breeding pairs.

I've shot a sequence of this one where it stalked, caught, and eat a fish, but they're not as sharp as this one. Looking at the exif data, my shutter speed was 1/120th, a bit slow for wildlife as they are prone to move at any moment. At least he was stationary for this one.

T2, 100-400 @ 400mm, f5.6, 800 ISO (I should have taken the ISO up to 1600, giving me 1/250th).

Heron04 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Another cracker Dave.....

Never done one that long, what are you using to keep the shutter open while on "bulb"?

Steve, I do have a remote release to hold open for Bulb, but in this case I just used the Timer Mode on the camera, it goes up to 15 mins with latest firmware. I usually do the calculation, then adjust the aperture slightly to get it close to one of the available times. You really must get the exposure right with the X-Trans sensors, under expose significantly and you will get a lot of noise, very noticeable when you drag the exposure slider in LR. But you need to remember that the difference between 8mins and 9mins is only a fraction of a stop, a full stop difference would be 16 mins!

Well after a mare with my pc, and a windows epic failing last week. I managed to get the bugger up n running again (after having to do a clean install arghhh) .... Anyway popped down to Sissinghurst yesterday, as I`ve not been there before. Apart from the usual tourists, it a rather nice place to visit (y)

Here`s a few snaps :)

Rickety old bridge by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Fallen by Paulie-W, on Flickr

little bird in the meadow by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Garden path by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Well well well......i never thought I would be drawn back to this group but after a sabbatical and much toe dipping with Sony, Olympus, Nikon and Sony again - I think my true desire still rests with Fuji.

I'm 40 next month and the wife has agreed I can get a camera. The XT3 plus lens is out of reach budget wise but was thinking an XT2 plus lens would be do-able.

Albeit a few years old I presume the XT2 is still a good performing camera and doesn't lose out on much to its younger sibling?
There’s a very nice X-T2 Graphite edition in the classifieds for £600 delivered! :)

Had a few minutes in the garden yesterday afternoon with those tubes again.

I love them on the 90mm, although you still don't focus that closely to the subject.

I took a set of 4 which I want to hang on the wall, so I've picked a couple of them below. I just find Dandelions such an interesting (and accessible) subject.

Dandy02
by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Dandy01
by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

There’s a very nice X-T2 Graphite edition in the classifieds for £600 delivered! :)
I did spot your add Mike.
The one thing stopping me from making an official offer is I need to wait on two things - 1) my birthday next month and 2) the outcome of of my application to make my temporary promotion at work perminent (also next month).

If things go well and it's still around we can talk brass tacks.
Don't hold it on my account though as I see you have plenty watchers on ebay.

I did spot your add Mike.
The one thing stopping me from making an official offer is I need to wait on two things - 1) my birthday next month and 2) the outcome of of my application to make my temporary promotion at work perminent (also next month).

If things go well and it's still around we can talk brass tacks.
Don't hold it on my account though as I see you have plenty watchers on ebay.
Ok understood :)

Question Guys.....

What sort of adapter do I need in order to put a Tamron Macro lens on my X-T’s ? Equally what adapter do I need to put a Canon 100mm Macro lens on also ?

Cheers

Andy

Last edited:
Question Guys.....

What sort of adapter do I need in order to put a Tamron Macro lens on my X-T’s ? Equally what adapter do I need to put a Canon 100mm Macro lens on also ?

Cheers

Andy

What is the Tamron lens designed for, Canon also ?

If so the Fringer (I think thats the right spelling) seems to be the one.

Stopped at Dixon’s on my way through Heathrow and shoved the 56mm f1.2 on my camera, wow!
I now want one and should have grabbed one at the price they have them for £679.

Last edited:
Question Guys.....

Cheers

Andy

You need a Fuji to Canon adapter, and a fuji to whatever camera system the tamron was made for. Be aware of setting aperture, I use a Nikon 50mm f1.8d on my Fuji, but it is manual focus and also has an aperture ring.

Question Guys.....

Cheers

Andy

Aside from Metabones, which are way over priced [at least for their AF variants] If you want AF then the fringer EF-FX pro is the best adapter you can get right now [there is a mkii just out also] - but ... it's pricey! [about £300 unless you can find one used] Viltrox also do an AF one that's a bit cheaper [still about £140] but not sure it's as good. I had one for M43 and it worked just fine, it was also a lot cheaper, got mine for £80. But I have seen Fuji users report that the Fuji version isn't as good, though Viltrox do update firmware regularly so it might be improved since. If you don't need AF then you can get cheap 'dumb' adapters for manual focus only. There will be no cpu data exchanged so you need to keep note of that. With Canon lenses this can be tricky though as they don't tend to have an aperture ring, so even for manual focusing only the pricier adapters are still much better as you can control the aperture either via the adapter itself or on cam.

I’m looking for a tidy macro lens for my Fuji X-t3. The 60mm is not a dedicated macro lens, and is only 0.5x magnification. Has any one any experience of a macro lens on a Fuji, it doesn’t have to be a Fuji lens, I just enjoy macro photography so want something which givesdecent result. Have thought about tubes, but sometimes they mean the lens to subject distance is very close.
In my Nikon days I had a 105mm f2.8 macro lens.

Back