The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Any XH-1 content would get lost in this thread and I think it’s a sufficiently different camera to warrant it’s own thread, leave it be and just rename this thread ‘The Fuji XT thread’ or some such.

My 2p

Last edited:
Any XH-1 content would get lost in this thread and I think it’s a sufficiently different camera to warrant it’s own thread, leave it be and just rename this thread ‘The Fuji XT thread’ or some such.

My 2p

Almost everything that can be written about the T and H cameras are relevant one to the other, and certainly interesting to both sets of users. In fact the number of users that own both is surprising.
In large threads like this and the comparable Sony one, the "Search" function is invaluable in finding the answer to specific issues that might be "Lost" in the depth of the tread... That of course is its purpose.

My 2p

If the original H1 thread is kept open, then the individual can decide where to post for themselves.

Not sure this will look great for those on calibrated monitors as I'm working on a laptop plus Flickr makes this shot a touch darker than Lr, but here is a shot of the Milky Way and Jupiter I think) over our house in the Apennine mountains in Italy. Composite of two shots, one of the house and hills and another of the stars using a star tracker. X-T2 and 10-24mm.

ViaLattea by Ian, on Flickr

Not sure this will look great for those on calibrated monitors as I'm working on a laptop plus Flickr makes this shot a touch darker than Lr, but here is a shot of the Milky Way and Jupiter I think) over our house in the Apennine mountains in Italy. Composite of two shots, one of the house and hills and another of the stars using a star tracker. X-T2 and 10-24mm.

Very nice composite shot, liking this one very much.

"No problem on my monitor, and its one that is calibrated"

George.

Looks fine here, nice colours in the Milky Way and yes that could well be Jupiter.

I like it. Nicely done (y)

If that's what you guys want? its certainly tidier than listing out all the models. (y)

The problem with merging long running threads is, posts across the board they merge in date order posted, and not per thread. The thread itself becomes very disjointed, with no continuity whatsoever.
And don't forget that these threads are also used as a reference, for people thinking about making a "Jump"
They are not just for showing off you know :D

Aw, I'm only here to show off! :p

I think renaming this one Fuji X-T and H series covers most, it would also include the inevitable X-H2, and then someone can make a new thread for all else? The old threads are dying anyway, if someone revived thenm it's no big deal. I'd stop bumping the X-H thread in this case, as I think I'm the only one who's been doing so besides a couple who mostly post in here it'll just drop away. Don't see any issues.

My 2p

I don't get that whatsoever, how would the content get 'lost'? it's a flowing discussion, if there's no response you move on ... it would mean we can post XH1 images in here though, and that really doesn't matter as to which camera you use - we are all using the same lenses and sensors. The XH1 thread is dead, that whole thread in itself is lost! But hey, I don't mind if I'm the only one bumping it every week .... You don't seem to have used it yourself in a while so how will there be any difference for you?

There is a problem with polls, anyone can vote, for all we know the Sony users could be popping in to add theirs

I meant Sony only ;) If you are also a Fuji user then of course your vote should count either way

I've been completely Fuji free for 527 days 4 Hours and 8 minutes!

Here's my chip

chip_noun_001_02706.jpg

Well, on a wet summers day, what else can ya shoot. I found these two on the garden table :)

Hello by Paulie-W, on Flickr

We're getting tonnes of snails here in the garden lately, at night they are all over the place, by morn though - especially after I've cut the grass, there's more empty shells after the birds have spotted them

Very nice image indeed Paulie, love the patterns on the shells.
Thanks, Dave. Always appreciated :)

We're getting tonnes of snails here in the garden lately, at night they are all over the place, by morn though - especially after I've cut the grass, there's more empty shells after the birds have spotted them
Oh same here, mate. It was like playing bloody hopscotch, getting to the table ;)

These all using natural light Nick?

If that's what you guys want? its certainly tidier than listing out all the models. (y)

The problem with merging long running threads is, posts across the board they merge in date order posted, and not per thread. The thread itself becomes very disjointed, with no continuity whatsoever.
And don't forget that these threads are also used as a reference, for people thinking about making a "Jump"
They are not just for showing off you know :D

@LC2 @Manxmaid fancy voting for the thread rename.

Last edited:
Voted

I'm fairly new (6 months) to the X-T3 but my experience isn't particularly good unfortunately. I have been a Nikon person for many years namely D300 / D800 and really like the output from these. I shoot a lot of motorsports for my own use really but to me the Fuji just doesn't cut it. The viewfinder is too slow to come to life so I'm missing a lot of shots compared to the Nikons. The focus tracking is also very jerky in the viewfinder when panning so I'm finding it hard to track properly. I have just invested in some UHS-II cards to see if things improve but I don't feel that will solve anything in terms of viewfinder woes. I shot a motorcycle track day yesterday and ended up putting the Fuji away because it was annoying me.
Before anyone asks, I was using the tracking focus facility.

IMHO keep the Nikon, hire the X-T3, try it and make your own mind up.

For other stuff however the Fuji is fine. I really appreciate the weight etc which is why I bought it in the first place and the lenses seem very good although the 55-200 kept crashing the camera last week which is why I'm trying the high speed cards.

For side on panning the 50-250 should be fine, I've used the 50-230 on an X-T1. For fast racers coming straight at you it might miss a few. I've never found side on panning to need a fast AF lens, unless it is a fast appearing subject and you have less than a second to get AF and take the shot. I never use the tracking mode (on any cameras I own, including the A9) I much prefer the control of an appropriately sized single AF point or maybe zone AF.

The issue with the EVF you mention, is this not just the EVF blackout? Basically at high FPS you get a freezframe type view rather than continuous uninterrupted view? Not a lot you can do about this, and I agree it is annoying. You can try electronic shutter with a slower FPS, although bear in mind background subjects will gain a slant. If you're blurring out the background completely this may not be an issue though.

Also, if it's really sunny and you're using a slow shutter speed the aperture will get really small and the camera will switch to contrast detect AF which is much slower. Using an ND filter will help with this.

For side on panning the 50-250 should be fine, I've used the 50-230 on an X-T1. For fast racers coming straight at you it might miss a few. I've never found side on panning to need a fast AF lens, unless it is a fast appearing subject and you have less than a second to get AF and take the shot. I never use the tracking mode (on any cameras I own, including the A9) I much prefer the control of an appropriately sized single AF point or maybe zone AF.

The issue with the EVF you mention, is this not just the EVF blackout? Basically at high FPS you get a freezframe type view rather than continuous uninterrupted view? Not a lot you can do about this, and I agree it is annoying. You can try electronic shutter with a slower FPS, although bear in mind background subjects will gain a slant. If you're blurring out the background completely this may not be an issue though.

Also, if it's really sunny and you're using a slow shutter speed the aperture will get really small and the camera will switch to contrast detect AF which is much slower. Using an ND filter will help with this.

@madeinengland - this is good advice, and I've experienced the same with an X-T2 50-230 and 90, the tracking works well but only if it gets a lock on the first image, if it misses this initial lock, most of the following images in the sequence will be OOF, but if it gets it they will all be sharp. Panning really doesn't put much strain on the AF system.

Yeah thought so :p

That reminds me I've not voted yet
:canon:

:D

I like to mix it up, one of my main lenses is a Canon :D

I've kinda given up on the idea, I think there's people voting against it that don't even use Fuji, which is just going to happen with polls. I thought it'd be just a simple add on another model to the title. I dont hate that there's a separate thread, I can still use this thread for general Fuji chatter just not post images, no huge deal.

Back