The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ooh, can we have a TC as well, if so mine would be X-T3 1.4TC and the mighty 50-140 covers everything I need from a lens these days

I guess, it's still one lens :D

If I could only have one lens one camera atm it would be the XH1 and the 16-55 I just sold :D I know that's odd but it's a lens I would have kept if I had no other choice. But sold it to give the 16 1.4 a try and will add something soon to compliment that. Heading into Autumn I want something brighter really, I wouldn't rule out buying another 16-55 at some point.

I guess, it's still one lens :D

If I could only have one lens one camera atm it would be the XH1 and the 16-55 I just sold :D I know that's odd but it's a lens I would have kept if I had no other choice. But sold it to give the 16 1.4 a try and will add something soon to compliment that. Heading into Autumn I want something brighter really, I wouldn't rule out buying another 16-55 at some point.

I guess if you could only have one lens, then it makes sense to go for one that is versatile. Think I would be the same, even though a 23 or 35mm would excite me more.

I guess if you could only have one lens, then it makes sense to go for one that is versatile. Think I would be the same, even though a 23 or 35mm would excite me more.

Either of those could be my next choice, maybe the 23 1.4.

Apart from a huge price difference, whats the advantage of choosing a 16-55 over the 18-55 I have the 18-55 but haven't used it yet, bought it for when we are on holidays.

Edit. Just read a review, the 16-55 is much better, I may have to invest more now...........;)

Last edited:
Apart from a huge price difference, whats the advantage of choosing a 16-55 over the 18-55 I have the 18-55 but haven't used it yet, bought it for when we are on holidays.

Edit. Just read a review, the 16-55 is much better, I may have to invest more now...........;)

I have both as got the 18-55 with the body, only used in the lounge to test. The 2mm wider makes some difference, and the IQ is excellent, plus the constant 2.8 - am still unsure myself, as I could basically swap that and the 55-200 for a 50-140 and rely on the 18-55!

Much better for what??

Its got WR - better if you shoot in poor weather - not required if you mainly shoot indoors and in good weather
Its a constant 2.8 - much better if you 'need' F2.8 at the long end, but F4 certainly isn't shabby and the 18-55 is F2.8 at 18mm
It goes to 16mm - ok it definitely wins this one.

The XF18-55mm though is an excellent lens, and in most circumstances can match the 16-55mm, its plenty sharp enough, has stabilisation which the 16-55 doesn't, it much more compact and a lot lighter.

I wouldn't dismiss the 18-55 based on reviews, especially if you haven't used it in anger.

Last edited:
Thanks for the mini review in plain English @Mr Perceptive so for now I will stick with what I have, give it a good run out and use it in anger in Snowdonia in a couple of weeks and see how it performs rather than just swap it for something that probably gives the same IQ at a much greater price.

Thanks for the mini review in plain English @Mr Perceptive so for now I will stick with what I have, give it a good run out and use it in anger in Snowdonia in a couple of weeks and see how it performs rather than just swap it for something that probably gives the same IQ at a much greater price.

If you are mainly working with landscapes when you go away, the you'll generally be shooting F8-F11, I'd be really really surprised if you would notice the difference in IQ in this aperture range. Onbviously if its pi**ing down the 16-55 would win......

I've never used the 18-55, I've always been more a prime guy. I only bought the 16-55 if I'm honest because I got it for a steal at £500 during one of MPB's rare random price slashes on specific lenses. It was cut from £740, hard to resist that drop! Turns out I really liked the lens but found I was always using it either at its widest, or longest, with 35mm in between occasionally. So the 16mm prime and a 50mm make as much sense for me. But if I shot professionally, weddings etc, I'd have the 16-55 for flexibility for sure. It's sharp as you like at 2.8 all focal lengths. In fact I barely ever stopped it down.

It is Wales so at a guess, we will probably see some wet stuff

It's bucketing down here in Ireland right now, so I hear ya ... has been for the better part of August

16mm has arrived, and I'm extremely happy, it's minty as a mint thing - boxed, with hood and pouch all in, not a mark on it. Pity it is bucketing down, I know the lens has WR ... but I don't :D it'll be random objects around the house for now. It's also a lot smaller/neater than I imagined, I guess that 16-55 makes most lenses seem tiny!

It would be great if when people posted, they could mention lens and body combo!

Always do just above the snap!! including Shutter Speed, Aperture, & ISO.

George.

I was tempted by this but having done research this model seems to suffer from some problems.

Before I got my first X-T2 I did all my research, and what came up was I`ts a great camera so I got it. Plus I have the X-T3 X-H1 and X-E2, when it goes wrong for me, it`s user error (y)

OMG I love this 16mm f1.4 as was shooting an outdoor gig and doing manual focus, so a pit stop now as out for a jazz gig tonight.

Really nice lens to use, only have it a couple hours but I know when a lens is just right. I'll have fun with this one. It's about the perfect size and weight on the XH1 too

Nothing special here, just testing in the garden between showers - X-H1 + 16mm 1.4

f/1.4
Autumn arrives by K G, on Flickr

F2
Weaving Focus by K G, on Flickr

And the obligatory Cat shot, I don't feel a lens has been Christened properly until I've annoyed her a bit for some testers, this was at 1.4

Bird Alert by K G, on Flickr

These look better on Flickr, have noticed this more so lately. In particular the cat image, if you click through it displays better the sharpness of the lens at 1.4 on Scout's face

Last edited:
Really nice lens to use, only have it a couple hours but I know when a lens is just right. I'll have fun with this one. It's about the perfect size and weight on the XH1 too

Nothing special here, just testing in the garden between showers - X-H1 + 16mm 1.4

f/1.4

F2

And the obligatory Cat shot, I don't feel a lens has been Christened properly until I've annoyed her a bit for some testers, this was at 1.4

These look better on Flickr, have noticed this more so lately. In particular the cat image, if you click through it displays better the sharpness of the lens at 1.4 on Scout's face

Three very nice Fujigraphs, particularly liking the leaf shot.

George.

f/1.4

F2

IMO these are cracking shots for a first test, I will have to wait till tomorrow to put some up as now the batteries are charged I`m off gigging with mine but I`m sure they will be good.

Three very nice Fujigraphs, particularly liking the leaf shot.

George.
IMO these are cracking shots for a first test, I will have to wait till tomorrow to put some up as now the batteries are charged I`m off gigging with mine but I`m sure they will be good.

Cheers lads :) The 16mm is so suited to my style, I love close up shots with texture/colour a bit of pop. It's a very flexible lens for a prime, can see it being excellent for landscape too, and for gigs like you do Dave - should be excellent for the lower light indoors. Even these simple garden shots I took today, normally because it's been raining all day and it's dark and broody out, I'd be at ISO 800 or more for shots like this or use much slower SS, but because of that bright aperture I could stay down at 200 with pretty fast SS. I know I have IBIS but where there's movement like the cat who barely sits still for a second, or the leaf even which was blowing about in the wind, high SS is more desirable

Last edited:
Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of a young lady sitting in a park sketching.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 200mm F2 Lens, 1/640th @ F4.5, ISO-200, Handheld.
Girl Sketching-03322 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

200mm F2!? wow, how do you find that beast?

@Al1944 I've had an X-T2 since day one of release, no issues, other than when I dropped it and caused a crack in the sensor!!! (which Fujifilm fixed free of charge, despite me telling them what happened!) Its never missed a beat, and has never suffered from lock-ups. A great piece of kit.

Great - thank you.

200mm F2!? wow, how do you find that beast?

I just rumble around in the bag and there it is. :)

Joking aside its a bit cumbersome and obviously quite heavy, but I guess that's only to be expected, but it performs really well even wide open, the focus speed is excellent ( not that I use auto focus that much), optically its on the next level with no fringing and it easily surpasses the performance of anything else I have ever used in that equivalent focal length outside of medium or large format. All in all its pretty good.

George.

Last edited:
I just rumble around in the bag and there it is. :)

Joking aside its a bit cumbersome and obviously quite heavy, but I guess that's only to be expected, but it performs really well even wide open, the focus speed is excellent ( not that I use auto focus that much), optically its on the next level with no fringing and it easily surpasses the performance of anything else I have ever used in that equivalent focal length outside of medium or large format. All in all its pretty good.

George.

Be kinda hard to lose that one alright :ROFLMAO: Kinda hard to be stealthy with too I reckon!

Back