The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I haven't had as much time as I'd like yet to really test the 50F2 but here's some samples - I will say, as expected - it is very sharp, and thankfully doesn't exhibit that nasty 'glow' for close ups at F2 like the 35 or 23F2. it seems the fastest too, it does do that annoying hunt to focus every time but nowhere near as noticeable as with the 35F2. It's much more a millisecond thing. It will hunt more the dimmer the light too as with the others. And also as expected I do wish it focused that bit closer, but you can still get creative.

Feather on wood by K G, on Flickr

Nettle by K G, on Flickr

Shadow puppet by K G, on Flickr

Sneaky Bee by K G, on Flickr

Last edited:
I did take some shots of this moth on a window using the 50 also, this one is with the 16mm ... trouble with the 16mm is ... it's too good! It eats the 50mm for close ups, but that's not really surprising. The 50mm shines for portraits [have tested on some pics of the kids] and obviously for a little more of a short tele look, but the 16 1.4 is a beast. This isnt the best example but the same shot using the 50mm paled in comparison

Trapped Moth by K G, on Flickr

Could someone please give me a good reason not to buy an X-H1 from Camera Jungle (with the 20% off, they have a 'good' one for about 550).
Please tell me my X-T2 & 3 are enough nd that I haven't got room in my bag for anything else.

Could someone please give me a good reason not to buy an X-H1 from Camera Jungle (with the 20% off, they have a 'good' one for about 550).
Please tell me my X-T2 & 3 are enough nd that I haven't got room in my bag for anything else.

No, buy it! :p

Looks to be 580 for the one they have in 'good' con using the code? £706 if you want a 'mint' one. I would bet the good condition one will be gone pretty quick if you don't snap it up, you'll not see one for as cheap again.

All I can tell you is I have bought lenses from them that were labelled 'good condition' and I would honestly say there wasn't a mark on them. I have also bought from them in like new or mint condition and they looked like OB, pretty much brand new. I imagine many of them were shop demos or bought by people who used them for one job and returned. I bought my H1 from there in like new con, I have it 5mths now and just recently checked the actuations, only 6K - and I would have put most of that on it. I never checked when i bought it but it must have been extremely low.

Last edited:

Looks like you will have to buy another bag too, so it holds the T2 T3 and X-H1. Great camera indeed.

The X-H1 is fantastic and I prefer it to my X-T3.....it just fits me right and with the battery grip on it makes the 100-400mm so much nicer to use.

If you are going down the Camera Jungle route do not forget or join https://www.topcashback.co.uk/camerajungle/ for an additional 10.1% off the minus VAT price, saving an additional £49.48 off the 'Good' price.

The Mint one in the original box works out at £715.99 with 20% off and £655.61 once cashback is paid. Mmmmmmmm......sadly my Visa card has the safety catch welded shut.

Last edited:
I am sorely tempted with the XH-1 to try, how does the AF compare with the XT-3?

I am sorely tempted with the XH-1 to try, how does the AF compare with the XT-3?

I've not used an XT3 but the H1 will be more comparable to the XT2, it wont match the T3 for AF if that is priority. But, it'll beat a T3 for ergonomics, obviously the IBIS and it's got a nicer shutter - some don't like that it's a bit sensitive but once you get used to it, it is lovely to use.

I've not used an XT3 but the H1 will be more comparable to the XT2, it wont match the T3 for AF if that is priority. But, it'll beat a T3 for ergonomics, obviously the IBIS and it's got a nicer shutter - some don't like that it's a bit sensitive but once you get used to it, it is lovely to use.
Thanks, I currently have an XH1 and grip in my basket... I'd like a second camera to have to go with the XT-3 and load of lenses I have, I shall ponder this for a few minutes.. :)

Thanks, I currently have an XH1 and grip in my basket... I'd like a second camera to have to go with the XT-3 and load of lenses I have, I shall ponder this for a few minutes.. :)

If you don't mind the extra heft and love a good grip I think you'll enjoy it :) I've never used the battery grip with it, I think the body is just right as is but the grip could be handy if you shoot a lot of vertical orientation.

If you don't mind the extra heft and love a good grip I think you'll enjoy it :) I've never used the battery grip with it, I think the body is just right as is but the grip could be handy if you shoot a lot of vertical orientation.

I always use a grip, so it will be purchased at the same time if I decide to go for it.

The X-T3 working a long side of the X-H1 is a cracking set up in my eye love both of them. Might not be as fast on AF, but it is close.

I think I can live with the slightly less snappy AF if I am using it for the IBIS, my thinking being that if I'm using it for the IBIS element, a moving subject is not going to be my am, hence not needing fast AF.

Convince me that's not the case..... please!

I don't think anyone was going to talk you down :D
I shall keep the XH1 plus a couple of lenses in my car for the odd opportunity that comes up. Looking forward to trying the XH1 and see how it compares.

I shall keep the XH1 plus a couple of lenses in my car for the odd opportunity that comes up. Looking forward to trying the XH1 and see how it compares.

I would be very surprised if you didn't like it. It's easily the best APSC body I've owned, the only thing I don't like about it is that stupidly positioned Q button - I have it switched off completely and the camera feels even comfier now - I'm not worrying about hitting that button by accident every time I pick it up which made things feel a little tense. I guess my only other niggle is the touch screen, it's not the best and I do like to use touch to select focus point [not to focus and shoot] but it's not always the most responsive and I'd like to be able to scroll through menus using it too. But it's no big deal.

Last edited:
Nice buy. Best ergonomics of any mirrorless camera.
Looking forward to trying that, I'm liking the look of it, and to be honest I was torn when buying the XT-3, I guess it was inevitable I'd end up getting both.

A few weeks back I was offered a good price on mine with the 16mm but I resisted, wonder if that buyer is still about! For what he was offering I could re-buy another H1 with a 16 1.4 and enough to get another lens with that 20% off! :love:

The tour of Britain passed through Uppermill at lunch time today so was ideal to test the continuous follow focus on my X T30
Seems to work very well but only used my 18-55 as only had a few seconds worth of shooting. (Not tried this sort of thing before. in over 70 years of shooting)

T30X0942 web.jpg
The last man

T30X0894 web.jpg
The sprint winners

T30X0923 web.jpg

Fourth man and followers.

Last edited:
I haven't had as much time as I'd like yet to really test the 50F2 but here's some samples - I will say, as expected - it is very sharp, and thankfully doesn't exhibit that nasty 'glow' for close ups at F2 like the 35 or 23F2. it seems the fastest too, it does do that annoying hunt to focus every time but nowhere near as noticeable as with the 35F2. It's much more a millisecond thing. It will hunt more the dimmer the light too as with the others. And also as expected I do wish it focused that bit closer, but you can still get creative.

Feather on wood by K G, on Flickr

Nettle by K G, on Flickr

Shadow puppet by K G, on Flickr

Sneaky Bee by K G, on Flickr

Very nice set of Fujigraphs, particularly liking the #1 & #2.

George.

Very nice set of Fujigraphs, particularly liking the #1 & #2.

George.

Cheers George, just quick testers of the 50mm, haven't really gotten the chance to give it a proper go. Seems a top lens, very sharp and fast, I wish it focused a little closer but ... i have the 16mm for that :)

If this helps, as a company that only does motor sport photography we use X-H1 units for everything including F1, of which we are PR photographers for three teams and never experienced any problems with AF.

George.

Been looking back a lot on my Fuji X library files/images of late.......my current Nikon files it seems can't capture what the Fuji does to be honest.

My 'X' return I think is a matter of time....

Peter

One of the reasons that pulled me back was similar, I was looking through my Flickr and without thinking on what gear was used, I was picking my own personal favorite images. Most of them happened to be shot using Fuji gear, the others shared equally across Nikon FF and M43. If I was to change again I might go with something like a Z6 ... if I had the funds for the lenses I would like to use on that. But otherwise I'm really happy with the X-H1, it's well beyond capable for my needs really.

Back