The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

16mm. pretty damn sharp wide open

1-1 by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr

Ah you got it :) And yes, it really is very good from the off, fast becoming one of my favorite lenses ever tbh. Everything I've shot using the 50F2 so far I've thought 'could do this with the 16, but closer!' Obviously the 50 will come into it's own for certain types of photography too, but it is hard beat this 16.

Lovely Pete. Getting to be the time of year for more of this type of shot.
Which model Fuji will you go for next.?
Thanks Trevor;

Probably aim for a XT1/X-P1 as they worked for me in the past. I simply have been missing the exquisite Fuji colours/end result compared to my Nikon files to be honest.

Peter

Last edited:
I'm happy with the price from JLP... Just over a grand for UK stock, and there's that 5 year warranty at present (not sure you'd get that on a grey...).

I can’t see why you wouldn’t get the 5year warranty knowing Fuji my friend only weeks ago phoned them and told them he had just knocked his new X-H1 and tripod knocking the left hand camera lug into the body and also bending the top plate upwards.
After speaking to them they dispatched pre paid packaging to him to return to service centre !
Camera received by them on Monday and returned on Thursday the same week !
As New :) oh and all free of charge !
I don’t know of any or company that offers that kind of service and it was purchased from e-infinity :fuji:

Last edited:
I can’t see why you wouldn’t get the 5year warranty knowing Fuji my friend only weeks ago phoned them and told them he had just knocked his new X-H1 and tripod knocking the left hand camera lug into the body and also bending the top plate upwards.
After speaking to them they dispatched pre paid packaging to him to return to service centre !
Camera received by them on Monday and returned on Thursday the same week !
As New :) oh and all free of charge !
I don’t know of any or company that offers that kind of service and it was purchased from e-infinity :fuji:

I had to pay to have my 2 year old T2 repaired, that was a grey. I'm happy with the price and giving a UK company the business. I only got a grey T2 as it was the only way to get them in the early days. The first batch into the UK were all on pre order, and it took about 2 months for the next lot to arrive.

I'll be deciding which X body to choose when we return from our honeymoon holiday, flying off later tonight and back towards the end of September.

Plenty of time to mull over what I fancy X body and lens wise after my Nikon body/lenses sell etc...

Peter

Last edited:
No, buy it! :p

Looks to be 580 for the one they have in 'good' con using the code? £706 if you want a 'mint' one. I would bet the good condition one will be gone pretty quick if you don't snap it up, you'll not see one for as cheap again.

All I can tell you is I have bought lenses from them that were labelled 'good condition' and I would honestly say there wasn't a mark on them. I have also bought from them in like new or mint condition and they looked like OB, pretty much brand new. I imagine many of them were shop demos or bought by people who used them for one job and returned. I bought my H1 from there in like new con, I have it 5mths now and just recently checked the actuations, only 6K - and I would have put most of that on it. I never checked when i bought it but it must have been extremely low.
Looks like you will have to buy another bag too, so it holds the T2 T3 and X-H1. Great camera indeed.
Well, I resisted the temptation... But succumbed to a fringer pro 2...

Last edited:
Very nice Fujigraph, I don't normally care much for doggie or pet type snaps, but this one I'm liking very much.

George.

That's a bit like saying I don't like portraits, I actually prefer animal portraits or shots in general. And I am by no means an animal type person. But often the cat is the only one who will pose for me :ROFLMAO:

Not posted in a while, or even visited much, because work has been more than a bit mad. But I've seen some lovely stuff in this thread, as usual. Last week, managed to get away for a few days in the Swiss Alps. Slightly disappointing weather - cloudless blue skies are great for high altitude walks, not so good for pictures. But I did get one nice showery day... :)

Overtaken
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Is there much different between the X-Pro 2 against the X-T2 apart from body styling....?

Same sensor etc...?

Peter

The X-T2 has 4K, the tilt LCD, a better evf [though the pro2 does have the choice of optical also] and is the faster camera in terms of AF and burst modes. You can add the grip and improve on this again, and obviously battery life. Other than that it's more a personal preference, some people just much prefer a range finder type body and find the OVF nicer to use. But end results are going to be identical.

Playing with the 50mm F2

Berry on Ice by K G, on Flickr

This one is a significant crop, just happened to come across this in the garden. Saw the fly land and get stuck on part of a web, and the spider pouncing on it right away, they tussled for quite a bit, the fly put up a good fight but, this was the stage where the inevitable kicked in, the fly is stunned here, the bites beginning to take their toll and then it was wrap up like a Taco for lunch
Bugger by K G, on Flickr

Well, I received my X-T3 on Monday, and then Wednesday went on a whistle tour of Wales, and just got back. That is one way of learning to use a whole new system... Impressed, but still more to learn (some of my pictures are noisy so need to look into this, and the Tamron 100-400 was playing up a bit, but Fringer are willing to help so I will send the EXIF data).
Social Media-0279.jpgSocial Media-0312.jpgSocial Media-0329.jpg

Well, I received my X-T3 on Monday, and then Wednesday went on a whistle tour of Wales, and just got back. That is one way of learning to use a whole new system... Impressed, but still more to learn (some of my pictures are noisy so need to look into this, and the Tamron 100-400 was playing up a bit, but Fringer are willing to help so I will send the EXIF data).
View attachment 255352View attachment 255353View attachment 255354

Nice. I’m new to Fuji as well. The cameras are so easy to learn and a joy to use. Loving the first shot. Is it Llyn Gwynant?

Nice. I’m new to Fuji as well. The cameras are so easy to learn and a joy to use. Loving the first shot. Is it Llyn Gwynant?
Yes, it was at the YHA Snowdon Bryn Gwynant, awesome view.
The Fuji is a joy to use, and I look forward to getting to know it better (although I'm not good at manuals though, so am happy to keep reading this forum) ;)

View attachment 255352View attachment 255353View attachment 255354

It's hard to tell from these images, but when you say noisey? Do you mean even at lower ISO? Because I know many people who switch to Fuji encounter 'noise' issues because of the lousy default settings for Fuji files in LR. They set sharpening to 40 which is the main culprit. Fuji RAF files do not need 40 sharpening, it's causing artifacts and unnecessary noise for no reason. If you require sharpening that high then use masking so it only affects the areas you actually want sharpened - Alt + the masking slider, wherever you see white is where sharpening occurs, don't hold back on this slider. otherwise I'd recommend resetting the default sharpening to 0 and only use when needed.

This is what I do anyway, and I've shot up to 6400 with the XH1 with pretty clean results.

It's hard to tell from these images, but when you say noisey? Do you mean even at lower ISO? Because I know many people who switch to Fuji encounter 'noise' issues because of the lousy default settings for Fuji files in LR. They set sharpening to 40 which is the main culprit. Fuji RAF files do not need 40 sharpening, it's causing artifacts and unnecessary noise for no reason. If you require sharpening that high then use masking so it only affects the areas you actually want sharpened - Alt + the masking slider, wherever you see white is where sharpening occurs, don't hold back on this slider. otherwise I'd recommend resetting the default sharpening to 0 and only use when needed.

This is what I do anyway, and I've shot up to 6400 with the XH1 with pretty clean results.
That is awesome advice, thank you so much! I will re-look at my grainy pictures, as I do use Lightroom, and work on this. I was a little stumped on how I was going to fix this, and normally use sharpening in there as well.

Back