The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I'm tempted to give it a go myself. But it's that or the 50F2, I certainly do not need both.

I think that length will complete my line up nicely. Just need to decide if it’s worth the extra for the Fuji. I had a 90 before and moved it on after not using it much. But I think my style is evolving so it’s back on my radar

yes you do

I really don't

I would want the 85 to double as a macro option though, or it would be too limited

I think that length will complete my line up nicely. Just need to decide if it’s worth the extra for the Fuji. I had a 90 before and moved it on after not using it much. But I think my style is evolving so it’s back on my radar
If I had the money for the 90mm I think I'd have one. I know that one will do what I need, but I'm too poor for that ...

Last edited:
I have never been great with words, but this is how I`d say. Both the X-H1 and X-T3 really are great working side by side, when I had the 16-55mm on the H1 it was a killer combo imo. Weight does not bother me on the H1 and for me I love the feel of it in my hands as the grip is very good plus having the little window on the top is very handy. I`ve never shot any weddings, but having both the X-T3 & X-H1 would be a great combo.
I'd agree with this 100%.

I really don't

I would want the 85 to double as a macro option though, or it would be too limited

If I had the money for the 90mm I think I'd have one. I know that one will do what I need, but I'm too poor for that ...

Me too now!!

I had a 90 before and moved it on after not using it much. But I think my style is evolving so it’s back on my radar

Now, if asked, would you swap it back for the 16? I know I want BOTH in my arsenal....

Thank you both, the Paris House is small inside as I normally stay at the bar once I get there so you can`t really move around as it gets packed out. Plus of what I`ve read online, you can crop in with the 23mm but you can`t crop out with the 56mm.

23 is probably my fave lens. I`ve always liked the focal length, and it`s sharp (enough for me) wide open.

There is a mint X-Pro1 on Camera Jungle:

https://www.camerajungle.co.uk/products/56788/fujifilm-x-pro1-body/180310

The code SAVE10 takes 10% off making it £257.36 and if you are a member of TopCashBack, there is an additional 10.1% off the minus VAT price, which takes it down to around £235ish.

I have bought several bits off them described as Mint or Excellent and they have all been superb. 12 months warranty as well from their owners, Jessops as well as a 14 day no-quibble returns policy.

sadly, school bears have to be returned.

4-1 by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr
Jonathan this is simply beautiful.......you've really captured the moment with this!!

You nailed it wide open at f/1.2 on her eye -- fabulous work.

The XF56 is special glass.

Peter

Last edited:
Now, if asked, would you swap it back for the 16? I know I want BOTH in my arsenal....

I was thinking on something like this earlier, I could trade the 16mm to get the 90 and the 50to get a 23 . . . And I'd probably be happy, but the 16mm is so good I think I'll hold out a bit more. I might be able to have both soon enough.

Been having a nosy in here past few days and notice a few keep coming back to Fuji from other brands. Something must be special about them
I find my XT3 fine, and definitely don’t PP as much as I did with the Nikon. Really like the light weight to carry around.

Absolutely keep them both. The only way the 16 (or any other lens in that line up) goes, is when I swap systems again!

I only shoot raw but sometimes I add the Fuji profiles in post, and have used astia where I thought it suited - with some personal tweaks.

I usually shoot raw (well, raw+jpeg) but my computer still isn't plugged in from moving house :)

I also don't have an Adobe sub anymore - I'll pick that up probably around Christmas or early next year, when I intend to swap from fuji to Canon.

Astia is very rarely used from looking online. Classic chrome is very popular - I like it a lot, especially if I turn the colours down even more. I also really like the acros, but that's a given.

For all, here is a fujirumours article that links to some great profiles, for those who want to experiment with film profiles in camera. The take home is that, if you want it to look filmic, you need to lock in your white balance and accept the colours that come out! I use my own, but these can be a good start point.

https://www.fujirumors.com/how-to-f...-simulation-to-get-the-ultimate-vintage-look/

I usually shoot raw (well, raw+jpeg) but my computer still isn't plugged in from moving house :)

I also don't have an Adobe sub anymore - I'll pick that up probably around Christmas or early next year, when I intend to swap from fuji to Canon.

Astia is very rarely used from looking online. Classic chrome is very popular - I like it a lot, especially if I turn the colours down even more. I also really like the acros, but that's a given.

For all, here is a fujirumours article that links to some great profiles, for those who want to experiment with film profiles in camera. The take home is that, if you want it to look filmic, you need to lock in your white balance and accept the colours that come out! I use my own, but these can be a good start point.

https://www.fujirumors.com/how-to-f...-simulation-to-get-the-ultimate-vintage-look/

Still using Adobe away right here, didn't even consider changing when I switched back to Fuji, but I think people over-exaggerate the issues between LR and Xtrans files. Nobody ever tells me my images look terrible for it at least :D I just don't like any of the other software I've tried.

Chrome is harder get right IMO, it doesn't suit a lot of what I shoot, but I do give a go. I find when I do use that profile I need to bump contrast a lot, re-adjust WB and saturation etc to get it pleasing [to me] - I find Astia a lot easier really.

I can see where folk are coming from when they say their style is changing, as in the summer my most used lens is the 90mm but in the winter it gets put away. So I have some very serious thinking to do.

I wouldn't say my style changes so much, but it is seasonal. Winter and early Spring are the only times I like having a tele lens for example, Autumn is when I really love close ups, details, textures, still life macro that kind of thing. Summer, well I find summer about the blandest time of year photographically but that's when I probably do more wildlife macro as there's much more of it about.

I have thought on re-buying the 55-200 for the winter early spring.

Confusion reigns....
I posted a few days back that I'm in the market for a flash for the T3. Whilst doing some research this morning, I remembered that I have a Yongnuo YN565EXII that I used when I was shooting Canon. LINK I decided to put it up for sale, but out of curiosity, I tried it on the T3. It works perfectly. I then tried the trigger I used when I was shooting OCF and that also works!
My questions are: A) how can what I thought was a Canon specific speed light work on my Fuji, and B) what would I gain by buying say a Godox V860II?
Any input would be valuable as I can possibly save a couple of hundred quid here!

AS I understand it any gun* will work on a Fuji, but, exposure wont be TTL. You need to control flash power on the gun if possible, or move the light away etc. My Canon ring flash works fine with my X-T10 (so far) but I need to dial the power down accordingly, or the aperture.
* watch out for trigger voltage in really old guns, modern should be ok, I believe most modern Canons use about 6V but Fuji will work with up to 300v before the electronics get fried - my research only - do not take as fact!!!

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1270656/

Last edited:
Confusion reigns....
I posted a few days back that I'm in the market for a flash for the T3. Whilst doing some research this morning, I remembered that I have a Yongnuo YN565EXII that I used when I was shooting Canon. LINK I decided to put it up for sale, but out of curiosity, I tried it on the T3. It works perfectly. I then tried the trigger I used when I was shooting OCF and that also works!
My questions are: A) how can what I thought was a Canon specific speed light work on my Fuji, and B) what would I gain by buying say a Godox V860II?
Any input would be valuable as I can possibly save a couple of hundred quid here!

Positive “RESULT” there matey.(y):)

George.

Confusion reigns....

I'm using an old Yongnuo 560 [original, not even LCD] still that I used for Nikon, Panasonic & Fuji. It's fully manual only, but I never put much faith in TTL for macro [one of very few times I use flash] nor portraits - I would always prefer to have control over the lighting, sometimes you want moody contrast, sometimes you might want high-key. TTL just wants to give you the most boring, even lighting for a scene. The flash I have is manual only either way which is why it works across the board, only really using one pin connection. It doesn't have any specific TTL connectors.

Godox specific to Fuji [afaik you really only need the Godox 'F' transmitter, and it'll work with any Godox flash] will offer you TTL and high speed flash sync - they're no more expensive than the newer Yongnuo TTL units

Last edited:
On another note, the T3 I got from the refurb shop has 185 actuations! I thought it looked new, but 185! I realise it only counts mechanical shutter use, but that's not bad!

Back