The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I've put a "grip" on my x-t10, really made a difference to the feel of the camera. 2nd hand prices aren't bad, got mine from Wex (£38), after all it's only a grip, there's no battery in there, new price is ridiculous.
I only use my X-T10 with the Rhinocam or as emergency backup body these days, but when it was my main camera I felt the handling was much improved by putting on a chunky L bracket and leaving it there :)

has anyone used the Zeiss Touit 32mm f/1.8?

Seen a comparison between that and the 35F2 a while back and ended up buying the Fuji. Will see if I can find it - but basically there was so little in it overall, the Fuji beats the pants off of it toward the edges, the zeiss was a tad better in the very centre from what i remember

There's this comparison here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1XdIodHycI&t=508s

Which shows the Fuji having nicer bokeh too and when he does side by side portraits the F2 is sharper, again with better bokeh [subjective]. There was another comparison but can't find it

Last edited:
has anyone used the Zeiss Touit 32mm f/1.8?
Also very interested in this.

I have one, not really had much chance to use it yet. I'm one of the rare people who didn't really get on with the 35mm F1.4, The Zeiss, feels lovely in on the camera, very solid, and has a very pleasing colour rendition, I'd agree with @Cagey75 that the Fuji (definitely F1.4) beats it for sharpness, but something 'very nice' about the images from the Zeiss, almost like a grown up X100 (original Bayer one). I rate it, and it would be one of the 3 primes that I'd save in a house fire (the 16F1.4 and 90F2 being the others).

Last edited:
I have one, not really had much chance to use it yet. I'm one of the rare people who didn't really get on with the 35mm F1.4, The Zeiss, feels lovely in on the camera, very solid, and has a very pleasing colour rendition, I'd agree with @Cagey75 that the Fuji (definitely F1.4) beats it for sharpness, but something 'very nice' about the images from the Zeiss, almost like a grown up X100 (original Bayer one). I rate it, and it would be one of the 3 primes that I'd save in a house fire (the 16F1.4 and 90F2 being the others).

It's always better to hear from long term users, I always take those reviews and pixel peeping comparisons with a dose of salt. It looks a nice lens, I was tempted by one going used at the time for very reasonable price too. But I chickened out and got the F2.

I would be tempted though atm to wait and see what these new Viltrox offerings bring, they have a 33 1.4 on the way and if their 85mm is anything to go by it will be very good.

Lenstip have just reviewed their 85mm, and seems it's a good bit better on Fuji than it is on Sony FF, seems more optimized for APSC. They still state it's better in some ways than Sony's own 85 1.8: https://www.lenstip.com/index.php?test=obiektywu&test_ob=568 But of course being a budget offering it's not without some issues. I think for £309 [Amazon] it seems very good value though

Lenstip's summary:

Pros:
  • good quality metal casing,
  • very good image quality in frame centre,
  • good image quality on the edge of APS-C sensor,
  • lack of problems with spherical aberration,
  • slight lateral chromatic aberration,
  • negligible vignetting on APS-C sensor,
  • quite nice out-of-focus areas,
  • sensible coma correction,
  • low astigmatism,
  • good price/quality and price/performance ratio.
Cons:
  • weak image quality on edges of full frame,
  • higher distortion results than those of direct rivals,
  • huge vignetting on full frame,
  • performance against bright light in the case of the Fuji X mount could have been better

Last edited:
If it's the one on their website (extra £100 trade-in) it's been there for a while, ends 31/10 and I could never get it to tell me how much my DSLR was worth in trade-in.
Or do you have a link to something else?

If it's the one on their website (extra £100 trade-in) it's been there for a while, ends 31/10 and I could never get it to tell me how much my DSLR was worth in trade-in.
Or do you have a link to something else?

You need to complete the trade in form on the website and submit it to get a quote. Normally one or
two days for reply.

If I can ask, how do you find the XH1 and the XT3 different/complimentary to each other?

I have never been great with words, but this is how I`d say. Both the X-H1 and X-T3 really are great working side by side, when I had the 16-55mm on the H1 it was a killer combo imo. Weight does not bother me on the H1 and for me I love the feel of it in my hands as the grip is very good plus having the little window on the top is very handy. I`ve never shot any weddings, but having both the X-T3 & X-H1 would be a great combo.

Last edited:
Two “Excellent” street style Fujigraphs, liking both of these very much.

George.

Thank you, George. Appreciated as always :)

I`m uming and R ing between either the XF23mm f1.4 or the XF56mm f1.2. What ever one I get will be used for my indoor jazz shots.

From the look of the coseyness of the venues, I would say the 23. You might find the 56 a bit long.

Last edited:
Both great lenses, but the 23 would give you more context. Depends on how close you're getting.
From the look of the coseyness of the venues, I would say the 23. You might fint the 56 a bit long.

Thank you both, the Paris House is small inside as I normally stay at the bar once I get there so you can`t really move around as it gets packed out. Plus of what I`ve read online, you can crop in with the 23mm but you can`t crop out with the 56mm.

Bloody Fuji have ripped the heart out of used sales with their incredibly low refurbished X-T2 prices..... £449.... That's a hell of a lot of camera for the money....

It's made my job of financing a new T3 almost impossible....

JeedayHiRes-0082sml.jpg

XT3 | 35mm 1.4 | F8 | 1/125 | ISO 80

Having only switched to fuji from canon last month, I have seriously loved every minute of it! I am now desperately waiting the release date for the XPro3!
Superb

I should be getting a Viltrox 85 on 2 week demo soon, will report back with samples
I think I'll order one next week, they seem to sell for around £300 ish which seems a bit of a bargain to be honest. My XF56 is arriving soon from E-infinity, but the Viltrox 85mm should be a lovely portrait lens length.

Back