The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Great shots there Dave, I'm envious of the great subject matter you have there. Loving number 1 the most, what did you use to process number 2?

Thanks Rick I`m going to print up the image of Martin to give him. The shot that I edited was done in Nik Collection Silver Effects pro 2, as really like some of the settings.

Thanks Rick I`m going to print up the image of Martin to give him. The shot that I edited was done in Nik Collection Silver Effects pro 2, as really like some of the settings.
I agree, lovely effects in that one. :)

All fine, just sussed it out, let the Jazz videos begin :snaphappy:
I’ll look forward to seeing that. I’ve been playing with video myself lately.

I will give it a try and if it proves to be good, then I will use the H1 more for videos and stills on the T3. Just has a quick try with it on Susie and love it already.
Begood to see the quality of the inbuilt mic. May be worth looking at an external one if it gets serious. The video quality is great. Have you got SS at double the frame rate?

OK all X-H1 users, tomorrow I will be taking the X-T3 to shoot a jazz gig but I will be taking the X-H1 + XF16mm f1.4 to shoot as well. I want to try and do a video of a couple of tunes using the H1 but don`t have a clue, I have read the manual but still lost on How too.

4K 24p, set the SS to 1/48, I would go with manual ISO and WB so you don't get colour shifts during recording. In fact most settings are best done manual, get there early so you can set up for the lighting. Indoors it's a lot easier because it'll be dark enough for you to shoot wide open if you need, when outdoors even on gloomy days you often have to stop down a lot, because of the shutter speed.

4K 24p, set the SS to 1/48, I would go with manual ISO and WB so you don't get colour shifts during recording. In fact most settings are best done manual, get there early so you can set up for the lighting. Indoors it's a lot easier because it'll be dark enough for you to shoot wide open if you need, when outdoors even on gloomy days you often have to stop down a lot, because of the shutter speed.
Good advice there. I use 30 FPS. Well 29.97 I have a variable ND filter for shooting outside so I can keep a large aperture if I need it. Video is giving me a renewed interest and I’m enjoying it. Another plus for the H1 IBIS.

Good advice there. I use 30 FPS. Well 29.97 I have a variable ND filter for shooting outside so I can keep a large aperture if I need it. Video is giving me a renewed interest and I’m enjoying it. Another plus for the H1 IBIS.

Yeah you can use 30p and a shutter speed of 1/60th but I think 24p has a smoother, more natural look. Might just be that most movies we see are shot at this rate. An ND filter is a must if you ever want to shoot wide open outdoors. You can of course up the shutter speed but thigs get a bit funky and strange, motion looks odd, really digitised or robotic.

Yeah you can use 30p and a shutter speed of 1/60th but I think 24p has a smoother, more natural look. Might just be that most movies we see are shot at this rate. An ND filter is a must if you ever want to shoot wide open outdoors. You can of course up the shutter speed but thigs get a bit funky and strange, motion looks odd, really digitised or robotic.
Indeed. I’m still learning this and enjoying playing. At present I’m trying to justify a gimbal. 4 pints in so far, I see a purchase coming on later ;)

”Excellent” set of candid street style Fujigraphs, liking all of these very much.

George.
Another “Excellent” set of candid street style Fijigraphs, with #1 particularly pushing all the right buttons for me.

George.

Thank you George, I have printed up the image of Martin as will give it to him the next time I see him.

Thanks for that Keith, I will let you all know how it goes tomorrow. Looking forward to next Thursdays day time jazz shoot, as it is in the church just round the corner from my Mums.

Went out today and spent six hours covering the Final Say march in London. A couple of observations On the T3. The grip. I love it! Completely changes the experience. 6 hours with it in my hand 90% of the time, and it was so comfortable. Dare I say XH1-esque? Battery life. I made a schoolboy error and left 4 batteries indoors and just took the body with one Expro white. I honestly can’t believe it lasted all day! Has there been a firmware update that has changed the way the T3 battery performs? I took around 500 shots (Admittedly I practiced battery conservation once I realised I had left the sores on my desk!) I also miss ibis a lot in really dark situations. (Although I’m pretty sure some of that is user error) but overall, I loved the experience.

Anyway, here’s a couple of images from today.

View: https://flic.kr/p/2hxjXtH

View: https://flic.kr/p/2hxhc34

https://flic.kr/p/2hxkZhM

Last edited:
Not sure why the images are playing up, I’m using the Flickr app?

Went out today and spent six hours covering the Final Say march in London. A couple of observations On the T3. The grip. I love it! Completely changes the experience. 6 hours with it in my hand 90% of the time, and it was so comfortable. Dare I say XH1-esque? Battery life. I made a schoolboy error and left 4 batteries indoors and just took the body with one Expro white. I honestly can’t believe it lasted all day! Has there been a firmware update that has changed the way the T3 battery performs? I took around 500 shots (Admittedly I practiced battery conservation once I realised I had left the sores on my desk!) I also miss ibis a lot in really dark situations. (Although I’m pretty sure some of that is user error) but overall, I loved the experience.

Anyway, here’s a couple of images from today.

View: https://flic.kr/p/2hxjXtH

View: https://flic.kr/p/2hxhc34

https://flic.kr/p/2hxkZhM

When you say the grip do you mean the default grip on the body or a battery grip added? I guess you mean body only as you say you only had the one battery? Good to know it feels nice and comfy in that case.

When I got the H1 first I was on here complaining about battery life, the first time I used it I barrely got 2hrs from a fully charged batt. But, whatever I did to the settings after, I find I get great life from the batteries now. I only have 2, both official Fuji NP-W126s, and I have yet to have both run out on me, even out for a full day. I rarely even have to change battery after a few hours shooting. Now if I did video or if I was a bit more trigger happy I'm sure I'd get through both but I'm very happy with battery performance overall for my usage.

Not sure why the images are playing up, I’m using the Flickr app?

I wondered why some people are posting like this, this is from your phone? I only ever link to Flickr on here on the laptop, must be an app thing/ Let me try upload one to here on my phone ...

I wondered why some people are posting like this, this is from your phone? I only ever link to Flickr on here on the laptop, must be an app thing

It’s from my iPad. I may try safari instead

When you say the grip do you mean the default grip on the body or a battery grip added? I guess you mean body only as you say you only had the one battery? Good to know it feels nice and comfy in that case.

When I got the H1 first I was on here complaining about battery life, the first time I used it I barrely got 2hrs from a fully charged batt. But, whatever I did to the settings after, I find I get great life from the batteries now. I only have 2, both official Fuji NP-W126s, and I have yet to have both run out on me, even out for a full day. I rarely even have to change battery after a few hours shooting. Now if I did video or if I was a bit more trigger happy I'm sure I'd get through both but I'm very happy with battery performance overall for my usage.

I bought an L plate for it from amazon

FUJI XT3 X-T3 L Plate Quick... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07J4Z2MVP?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
It’s really comfortable. I’d struggle without it

It’s from my iPad. I may try safari instead

Ok, Granddad may need help over here, how do you post from Flickr to here on a phone? :LOL:

I bought an L plate for it from amazon

FUJI XT3 X-T3 L Plate Quick... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07J4Z2MVP?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
It’s really comfortable. I’d struggle without it

If I went XT3 I'd definitely grab one of those. I need a decent grip, it's right up there, top 3 things I look for in a camera these days - comfortable ergonomics

Last edited:
Ok, Granddad may need help over here, how do you post from Flickr to here on a phone? :LOL:

If I went XT3 I'd definitely grab one of those. I need a decent grip, it's right up there, top 3 things I look for in a camera these days - comfortable ergonomics

Once I removed the piece on the left of the camera, it transformed it

Yup, it's a phone thing, i just copied the link from the flickr app and posted it on the forum using the phone and I get the above. Using the BBcode from Flickr on the laptop and sharing here, same image, I get this:

Late honeysuckle by K G, on Flickr

Can't see a way on the app to copy a BBcode and choose size to share

Last edited:
Yup, it's a phone thing, i just copied the link from the flickr app and posted it on the forum using the phone and I get the above. Using the BBcode from Flickr on the laptop and sharing here, same image, I get this:

Late honeysuckle by K G, on Flickr

Can't see a way on the app to copy a BBcode and choose size to share

Loving the yellow against the blue sky.

Loving the yellow against the blue sky.

A rare blue sky this weather here :) This is some Honeysuckle growing up atop our back hedge, had to stand on a garden chair to get a bit closer as it's pretty high. Surprising to see it still blooming like this in late Oct

Oh and the Viltrox was waiting for me when I got home. That’s a hefty piece of glass! And the packaging is like conquering a rubix cube lol

Oh and the Viltrox was waiting for me when I got home. That’s a hefty piece of glass! And the packaging is like conquering a rubix cube lol

I had a Viltrox EF-M1 adapter for M43, the packaging was pretty nice, but dang the sleeve covering over the main box was tight! Had to shimmy it off, as I like to keep packaging intact for selling on. Getting it back on when I was selling was a test of patience!

Have you tested the lens yet? just to see how the AF is? I know it's dark now so you're not going to be able to really put it through it's paces

I had a Viltrox EF-M1 adapter for M43, the packaging was pretty nice, but dang the sleeve covering over the main box was tight! Had to shimmy it off, as I like to keep packaging intact for selling on. Getting it back on when I was selling was a test of patience!

Have you tested the lens yet? just to see how the AF is? I know it's dark now so you're not going to be able to really put it through it's paces

Yes that sleeve!! I took one of my daughter as she came up
Into my office before my twins jumped all over me. AF seems good and eye af works well. This is sooc but I want to have a play tomorrow in good light, need to figure out how to change aperture

upload photos

Back