The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Postman delivered my X-Pro1 body this morning from Camera Jungle, described as Mint -, absolutely as new condition with original box with everything enclosed - wow.

My X-T2 body arrives this afternoon from the Fooji refurb store, I'm over the moon, fabulous!!

Peter

Postman delivered my X-Pro1 body this morning from Camera Jungle, described as Mint -, absolutely as new condition with original box with everything enclosed - wow.

My X-T2 body arrives this afternoon from the Fooji refurb store, I'm over the moon, fabulous!!

Peter

Wow, two new cameras in the one day. Fab. Even more fab when they're Fujis. Enjoy!

Had a try at some woodland photography. I think it could be fun, if and when I get the hang of it. It's not easy..

Woodland Mist
by Jason, on Flickr

Very nice woodland Fujigraph, with some lovely colours and atmosphere.

George.

I'm encouraging my friend to buy his first proper camera - Jessops seem to have a great deal on an X-T20 with the XC15-45 and XC50-230 lenses. How good is the XC15-45 lens?
He’s just picked up an X-T20 with 18-55 as the electronic zoom put him off the XC15-45. Now to plan some trips to help him get to grips with it!

Here's the first shot taken with X-T2 and Viltrox 85 out at our local golf course. I added a touch a external flash for a subtle fill-in.

Breia by APM Photography, on Flickr

X-T2 -- Viltrox 85mm f/1.8 -- iso 500 -- @ f/3.6

Last edited:
Here's the first shot taken with X-T2 and Viltrox 85 out at our local golf course. I added a touch a external flash for a subtle fill-in.

Breia by APM Photography, on Flickr

X-T2 -- Viltrox 85mm f/1.8 -- iso 500 -- @ f/3.6
Nice. How does the AF compare to the 56 1.2?

Nice. How does the AF compare to the 56 1.2?
Hi Rick.

It's way too early to comment on AF speeds as I've got all this equipment all at one go, it'll probably take me a few months to give my thoughts. But using the Viltrox today the lock on was fine, no issues.

Early days yet....

Cheers;
Peter

Very first go at doing a jazz video with the X-H1 + XF16mm f1.4, I had to get it from 5.60GB down to just under 500 MB to put on Flickr.

X-H1 Jazz Video by Dave, on Flickr

I’ll look forward to looking at that later. I’m currently being deafened at Butlins

I like that. Woodland shooting is really hard! When you've found some nice compositions I guess you need to keep going back to work out what's nice, what's not and then get the good light. I've never had a good woodland shot.

Cheers. I’ve been watching Simon Baxter’s Youtube channel and learning loads. It seems a great type of photography for the rainy days. :)

Very nice woodland Fujigraph, with some lovely colours and atmosphere.

George.

Thanks George, glad you like it. :)

Thursday I might do another, as NO one will be talking and it`s in a beautiful church.
I like that, pretty chilled out by the lot of things, I like the fact the bloke is sat there having his meal and seems oblivious to what's going on around him :) what film simulation is that shot with? I assume it's not in F Log and LUT's applied?

MaxHiRes-0238sml.jpg

XT3 | 50mm F2 WR | F2 | 1/4000th | iso 200

I like that, pretty chilled out by the lot of things, I like the fact the bloke is sat there having his meal and seems oblivious to what's going on around him :) what film simulation is that shot with? I assume it's not in F Log and LUT's applied?

As it was only a quick video test, I just turned the dial to video and did it. If I do it again I might try it on Eterna I think it is.

As it was only a quick video test, I just turned the dial to video and did it. If I do it again I might try it on Eterna I think it is.
Yeah Eterna is the simulation which has been developed for film / cinema, it is a little muted compared to your video. I am currently videoing using F Log and then adding the Eterna LUT in Davinci Resolve. In simple terms it would seem that filming in F Log is the equivalent of still AW shooting and allows for a much wider dynamic range to be recoded. It is a whole new challenge, but one I am going to enjoy :)

Yeah Eterna is the simulation which has been developed for film / cinema, it is a little muted compared to your video. I am currently videoing using F Log and then adding the Eterna LUT in Davinci Resolve. In simple terms it would seem that filming in F Log is the equivalent of still AW shooting and allows for a much wider dynamic range to be recoded. It is a whole new challenge, but one I am going to enjoy :)

What I need to do with the H1 is, sit down with it and try to set it up then when ever I switch to video it`s already set up.

A little creative today, thought I'd shoot my (recently purchased) X-E1 with XF27.

First time using the XF55-200 lens on the XT2. A subtle hint of external flash YN560 III.

X-E1 stealth

X-E1 stealth by APM Photography, on Flickr

XT2 | XF55-200 | F5.6 | 1/40th | iso 200

I've seen a few vids now where the vloggers suggest just going right ahead and shooting Eterna profile, at the highest bit-rate, they say it's almost as good as using log but you've a better starting place. No need to shoot Log

I don`t really understand the F Log or LUT`s so all I will do is set it up for Eterna and video it.

Screenshot+2019-10-22+at+16.02.47.png

Having switched last month, something that I am honestly consistently impressed by is the sharpness! Picked up the X-H1 today. Really excited to see what that camera can do. Already love the feel of it! And the value is crazy!!!
Exquisite bokeh.....!!!!!!!!!

Peter

I've seen a few vids now where the vloggers suggest just going right ahead and shooting Eterna profile, at the highest bit-rate, they say it's almost as good as using log but you've a better starting place. No need to shoot Log
That is probably the case, I just like to play about just for the sake of it :)

Having switched last month, something that I am honestly consistently impressed by is the sharpness! Picked up the X-H1 today. Really excited to see what that camera can do. Already love the feel of it! And the value is crazy!!!

That's a positive "RESULT" in my book, congrat's & "ENJOY".

George.

Here is a quick question regarding flash and exposure compensation:

I am playing about with my flash / ambient light balance, and was wondering if someone could explain what Fuji does in these examples?

If I use the flash in TTL and set the camera at -2 stops exposure either by using exposure compensation or manually, will the flash still try and provide the correct exposure, or will it try and expose at -2 stops?

I have had a play and I usually end up setting the flash in manual mode, but out of interest, can anyone let me know how this is supposed to work?

I'm talking an effect like this, excuse the rubbish subject.

DSCF1703 by rick phillips, on Flickr
Thanks,

Last edited:
Back