The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I might have to find out some day... though Idid promise the 16mm was going to be my last lens purchase..

The 16 might well be my only lens for a bit, I own the 50mm F2 atm but not used it much since buying a couple months back. Every time I do I think 'could have just done that only better with the 16' :D so thinking on selling it on to free up some much needed money for Christmas and think about what I'd use more in the new year

Last edited:
The 16 might well be my only lens for a bit, I own the 50mm F2 atm but not used it much since buying a couple months back. Every time I do I think 'could have just done that only better with the 16' :D so thinking on selling it on to free up some much needed money for Christmas and think about what I'd use more in the new year
I am just trying to decide which to leave on the XP2, it is between the 35 1.4 and the 16 1.4.

I am just trying to decide which to leave on the XP2, it is between the 35 1.4 and the 16 1.4.

I really liked the 35 1.4 when I had it, I think that's a very nice combo you have with the 16. My two fav Fuji lenses to date I would say, should have just got the 35 1.4 to begin with. Instead tried out the 35F2 and then got the 50, both decent but regardless of slower AF on the 35 1.4, I think it's much more of a sweet spot when it comes to output than the other 2 - both of them are definite keepers

Has anyone been to the House of Photography that opened earlier in the week?

No, not yet. I want to for sure, but will have to leave any kind of ID and plastic at home ;) But will go see, next time im in London.

Hello all Fuji family...

So, in a record time, to me at least I have acquired the following 3 lenses;

10-24/4, 35/2 and 56/1.2

These cover my immediate needs. Next stop 100-400!
Great purchasing there. :)

Hello all Fuji family...

10-24/4, 35/2 and 56/1.2

Very nice set, when you add the tele lens you are covered for just about anything

Hello all Fuji family...

10-24/4, 35/2 and 56/1.2

I don`t have the 100-400mm, but you will love the 56mm one great lens indeed plus the 35mm is a cracker too.

I don`t have the 100-400mm, but you will love the 56mm one great lens indeed plus the 35mm is a cracker too.

Thanks Bud! Yep absolutely loving the 56...the 100-400 was the last straw - over all the other obvious Fuji reasons - for me to join the Fuji family. Will have to do some serious savings, funds juggling and other stuff...

Thanks Bud! Yep absolutely loving the 56...the 100-400 was the last straw - over all the other obvious Fuji reasons - for me to join the Fuji family. Will have to do some serious savings, funds juggling and other stuff...

Last nights lens that I ordered ( In my signature now 1st one ) a lot of folk slate it but on another forum I use the images it puts out are great, but like I`ve said Fuji don`t make a bad lens.

Last nights lens that I ordered ( In my signature now 1st one ) a lot of folk slate it but on another forum I use the images it puts out are great, but like I`ve said Fuji don`t make a bad lens.

For some reason not able to see your signature...on mobile though and too lazy to get up and walk to ‘puter...having a bit of a heatwave...temps hit 40 Celsius before 11 today...

For some reason not able to see your signature...on mobile though and too lazy to get up and walk to ‘puter...having a bit of a heatwave...temps hit 40 Celsius before 11 today...

It is the Fuji XF18mm f2, it will live on my X-E3 when it goes on.

Love my 100-400..... It's delivered me some very nice wildlife images.
I love mine too! It’s built like a tank. It survived an accident in which it ripped the mount of the face of my Xt2, it was in a bag. I can’t believe it still works, although I may send it off for a service.

Love my 100-400..... It's delivered me some very nice wildlife images.
Did you find that rapid shooting and AF present challenges?
I used a friend’s one some time back with a X-T2 to photograph some departing passenger aircraft at our local airport...found it a bit hit-n-miss but I probably missed a very simple basic AF tweak...

First time EVER I griped about a lens being too long! :naughty:

Did you find that rapid shooting and AF present challenges?
I used a friend’s one some time back with a X-T2 to photograph some departing passenger aircraft at our local airport...found it a bit hit-n-miss but I probably missed a very simple basic AF tweak...

First time EVER I griped about a lens being too long! :naughty:

So my bird in flight technique is pretty poor, it's me, not the lens. On my T3 with the grip the lens is much faster, and I tend to use zone rather than spot for focusing when in servo focus mode. I'm now understanding that the trick is to not zoom in too close, so you have space around your subject. Get too tight and you'll lose it.

This one was taken with the 1.4TC @ a full 560mm, wide open.

Mayhem by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Another cracking image Paulie, that 23mm is one hell of a great lens and so is the photographer. It would of given me a sore neck taking that too.

Thanks mate. I did get a bit of a head rush after lol ;)

It is an option, but I know I would just want the 55-200 anyway.

It is an option, but I know I would just want the 55-200 anyway.
Try it, reject and then flog it, or like it and keep it, how much would you lose, aiui the internals are good but you lose aperture ring, no problem if you are used to Canon lenses, and the build isn't quite as good as an xf lens but if you're an amatuer maybe it's good enough?

Back