The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Hello all Fuji family...

So, in a record time, to me at least I have acquired the following 3 lenses;

10-24/4, 35/2 and 56/1.2

These cover my immediate needs. Next stop 100-400!

That’s a positive “Result’ in my book, “ENJOY”.

“The 100-400mm is a truly excellent lens to use & optically superb”

George.

Last edited:
“Excellent” landscape style Fujigraph, with some lovely colours and a good sky.

George.
Lovely capture. Superb muted but interesting colours :)
Stunning image Donna, great colours and nice lighting.
Very nice colour palette. I don't know how much possibility you had to get the camera higher, but if you wanted more clearance between the fenceposts and horizon, that would be the way to go. Horses for courses, naturally...
Thanks kindly. Although I had my tripod, I was in a bit of a hurry and had no filters on me, so needed the exposure, highlights and shadows to be played with a fair amount.

Or up the M40 to Birmingham?

Really liking number 2 Dave.
Very nice. I’m very tempted to get the 23. Though I really should take some pictures instead of collecting gear!

Thanks Rick, I think I have at long last found and got my favourite indoor jazz lens in the XF23mm f1.4 to work along side of my other lenses, imo it is a cracking little lens and I think you should get it.

Nice set, mate (y)
Always happy to help, Dave. Glad you`re liking it.

I just wish I`d got it ages ago, but glad now I have it.

I think @rick448 now needs to get one too :D

It`s one of those things. When I went from FF Nikon, I just used the money for the same (or similar) to what I had. I`ve always prefered the 35mm focal length on FF as opposed to 50mm.

Oh @rick448 most definately needs one ;)

Well I will be buying a 23mm lens sometime soon, I just need to decide whether to go for the F2 or F1.4.

Thanks Rick, I think I have at long last found and got my favourite indoor jazz lens in the XF23mm f1.4 to work along side of my other lenses, imo it is a cracking little lens and I think you should get it.
I think I will be getting this.. :D

Here's one I took this morning on the beach (I used the monochrome film simulation inthe camera)

X-Pro1; XC16-50mm lens; 1/18 second; f11; ISO 200

Another from my local hills yesterday. Weather was dire, the wind was blowing the rain into my face when I took this, but I loved the creases in the landscape.

T3 & 10-24 (again). 4 images combined.

Deverills 3-12-19 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr
Were the 4 shots combined as a panorama? Or for exposure blending?

X-T3 + XF23mm f1.4.

The Better Half Jazz Afternoon by Dave, on Flickr

Jazz Band by Dave, on Flickr

Brilliant pics! I am curious to know your thoughts on this lens vs the 23/2...

Have you shot the one against the other? Did you choose the 1.4 because of maximum aperture, looks and feel of the lens or other reasons?

I really like the f/1.4 since it just looks (IMHO!) better than the f/2...
Would love to hear your thoughts...and hoping I don't make you repeat yourself since I have asked this question more than once...;)

Well I will be buying a 23mm lens sometime soon, I just need to decide whether to go for the F2 or F1.4.
Really looking forward to hearing of your decisions in this and factors you took into account?

It`s one of those things. When I went from FF Nikon, I just used the money for the same (or similar) to what I had. I`ve always prefered the 35mm focal length on FF as opposed to 50mm.

Oh @rick448 most definately needs one ;)
I find it interesting you say this...having moved over from FF Canon I got me a few basic equivalent lenses to cover my more frequent commercial work but I also find myself not wanting to get the exact range of FF equivalents I had...kneejerk reaction much?

I find it interesting you say this...having moved over from FF Canon I got me a few basic equivalent lenses to cover my more frequent commercial work but I also find myself not wanting to get the exact range of FF equivalents I had...kneejerk reaction much?

I guess it might be down to the reason for change. Mine was purley a weight/size issue. Humping all the Nikon kit killed me after a day out. But Fooj is perfect for an old bugger like me ;)

Really looking forward to hearing of your decisions in this and factors you took into account?
I would have already bought the F2 version if the supplier had it in stock, but after trying both the 35 and 16 1.4 versions I am very tempted to complete the 1.4 trio. :)

If IQ is your bag then go for the 1.4, if its compactness and WR then go for the F2

I'm not worried about the size, and I haven't really ever taken my gear out in the rain, but as ~I am looking to have the 23 stuck on my XP2 for the most part, and keep it in my car, that may come in handy for those shots that I just see as I am driving around. :)

I'm not worried about the size, and I haven't really ever taken my gear out in the rain, but as ~I am looking to have the 23 stuck on my XP2 for the most part, and keep it in my car, that may come in handy for those shots that I just see as I am driving around. :)

If you use the OVF then I would get the F2, as the F1.4 with the hood will partially cover the view, if you don't use the OVF (other than the blindingly obvious question of why the X-Pro2!?!?) then either will do.

If you use the OVF then I would get the F2, as the F1.4 with the hood will partially cover the view, if you don't use the OVF (other than the blindingly obvious question of why the X-Pro2!?!?) then either will do.
I think that all in all, and when considering the price difference between the 2, I am going to go for the 1.4, one of the main reasons being, if I don't, I know that at some point I will wish I had tried it, and then I'll end up buying it anyway...

23mm F1.4 now ordered. That is definitely it for me now. :D

Back