The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Anyone visited the Fuji place at Covent Garden yet, If so is it worth a visit ?

I've gotta be in town for some meetings tomorrow morning and thought I might drift on up to Covent Garden in the afternoon and give the Fuji place & the Apple store a look. Should be able to offload my wife to the market & shops for a while and hopefully get a bit of free time (I live in hope).:):)

George.

Last edited:
Right..
I want a 14mm f/2.8 a 23mm f/.1.4 and a 35mm f/1.4. Oh and a 10-24 and 8-16.

Who’s gonna buy them for me, as I’ve run out of money?

Last edited:
Right..
I want a 14mm f/1.4, a 23mm f/.1.4 and a 35mm f/1.4. Oh and a 10-24 and 8-16.

There’s a 14 f 1.4

Right..
I want a 14mm f/1.4, a 23mm f/.1.4 and a 35mm f/1.4. Oh and a 10-24 and 8-16.

Not me, as I have maxed out my card on two lenses a camera and a Peak Design Sling 10L bag. Plus some Topaz plugins and an upgrade to C1 Pro 20 :eek:

Last edited:
Just a simple tourist type Fujigraph taken at The South Bank London UK of some folk enjoying a ride on a High Flying attraction.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/320th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.

High Flyers (M)-03355M
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Cracking shot George and love the dark sky.

One from the gallery, Susie today after a very cold walk she jump right on her own sofa and got her blanket over her to get warm. X-H1 + XF23mm f1.4.

full

Would love to hear your impressions about this lens...this and the 14/2.8 will be my first want-to-have lenses after the basics are covered...
What do you mean? Those two are the basics:LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:

I've gotta be in town for some meetings tomorrow morning and thought I might drift on up to Covent Garden in the afternoon and give the Fuji place & the Apple store a look. Should be able to offload my wife to the market & shops for a while and hopefully get a bit of free time (I live in hope).:):)

George.

It`s on my todo (visit) list, but I`m too scared, just in case the plastic comes out on one of those "spur of the moment" purchases ;)
Let us know how you get on though, mate :)

It`s on my todo (visit) list, but I`m too scared, just in case the plastic comes out on one of those "spur of the moment" purchases ;)
Let us know how you get on though, mate :)

I think I need to lock my card in a lead safe and stick it the ocean to be safe :LOL:

@Dave70D ......

I wonder what you’d stockpile if it wasn’t Camera’s and Lenses......hhhmm

OOOPS forgot to say, clipped the Raynox 150 on the lens.
I can feel a purchase coming on for spring time, thanks for the info.

If any new comer to Fuji X needs help, then get this great book that I got from Amazon.

Fuji X Secrets
142 Ways to make the most of your Fujifilm X Series Camera. Written by Rico Pfirstinger. IMO it is one cracking book.

OK folks, I got two copies of this book posted to me and I have been in contact with the book lot who sent it. They have emailed me saying please keep it or donate it, so the first person who says they want it can have it FREE of change so just PM me your address and it will be posted tomorrow.

Here is the email they sent me

Mawande Mahleza (Book Depository)
Dec 17, 22:54 GMT
Hi David,

Thank you for your request.

Feel free to keep the original copy or donate it to your local library.
Kind regards,
Mawande Mahleza
Customer Advisor

Last edited:
OK folks, I got two copies of this book posted to me and I have been in contact with the book lot who sent it. They have emailed me saying please keep it or donate it, so the first person who says they want it can have it FREE of change so just PM me your address and it will be posted tomorrow.

Here is the email they sent me

Mawande Mahleza (Book Depository)
Dec 17, 22:54 GMT
Hi David,

Thank you for your request.

Feel free to keep the original copy or donate it to your local library.
Kind regards,
Mawande Mahleza
Customer Advisor

Yes please.
PM incoming

All yours mate, imo it is a cracking book as I have used the tips to set up some of my X cameras.

It would be good to see what I can get from it for my XT2 as Im not always convinced I have it setup for optimal performance.

Thanks again

It would be good to see what I can get from it for my XT2 as Im not always convinced I have it setup for optimal performance.

Thanks again

I think it will help you, as I think it might be one of the best X series books on the market and just having a look on the back it says X-T2 as well.

Paid a return visit to Cuba in October. A few days in Havana before chilling out on a beach.

Took the X-E2s and 23mm f2 out in the evenings wandering around the city. The streets are invariably poorly lit but this corner was an exception. One of Hemingway's old haunts.

Don't know what he would have made of the almost ubiquitous mobile phones.

Havana After Dark by Aimless Alliterations, on Flickr

Last edited:
There's a Floridita restaurant in London.

George.
If its anything like the Barcelona one I trekked 3km to look at i think you may be a little disappointed - Its primarily a film/processing shop. There are Lens and Bodies on display behind locked glass. Its rather nicely done but not somewhere to play and handle the cameras

Back