The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Is just tell Jessops. I’m sure they’ll provide one for you.
It came from fuji refurb.
Yesterday i sent them an email about the neckstrap lug connectors being missing,never noticed this at the time.

Pretty sure I have a spare indoors if you get stuck
Thank you Nick,i will see how i get on,i take it that little bit i showed in the photo is a little rubber bit.

Thank you Nick,i will see how i get on,i take it that little bit i showed in the photo is a little rubber bit.
Yeah it’s the cover you remove when using a grip. Easy to misplace!

Thanks Nick.:giggle:

Who here still regularly uses an X-Pro1? I'm about to pull the trigger on one just to see how I get on with the X-Pro range before potentially getting an X-Pro3.

Anyway, I've been reading about shutter lag that they had when first released and wondered if this had been improved with firmware updates since then?

I tried one out in my local camera shop the other week and didn't notice anything massive and was wondering if this was because it was exaggerated or because an update had improved it?

Who here still regularly uses an X-Pro1? I'm about to pull the trigger on one just to see how I get on with the X-Pro range before potentially getting an X-Pro3.

Anyway, I've been reading about shutter lag that they had when first released and wondered if this had been improved with firmware updates since then?

I tried one out in my local camera shop the other week and didn't notice anything massive and was wondering if this was because it was exaggerated or because an update had improved it?

Plenty of updates!!!

https://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/xpro1/history.html

Anyone regularly shoot moving subjects with their Fuji? I always struggle.

I have an X-T3 and the missus has an X-T20. Often when shooting moving items (mainly the dog running straight towards the camera) the camera slightly misses focus and focuses a few inches behind the subject leaving the dogs blurry. Admittedly the dog is running pretty quick but i try and aim for 1/2000th shutter speed so I don't think shutter speed is an issue. I usually use CH shooting, zone tracking and experiment with the pre set continuous focus profiles. Usually use the 55-200mm lens.

Anyone got any tips? What settings do you use?

Thanks
Ben
Release / Focus Priority
AF-S Focus
AF-C Release

Hey Josh, I shoot with one.....and love it! You'll maybe find it a tad slower working but it still produces/delivers the goods!
There's something about that 'Bayer' sensor that rendetions colours beautifully, I use a X-Pro1 along with my X-T2 and X-E1.
You'll not be disappointed. If you maybe click through my Flickr pages you'll find a lot of floral photography shot exclusively with the X-P1.

mac

Last edited:
Hey Josh, I shoot with one.....and love it! You'll maybe find it a tad slower working but it still produces/delivers the goods!
There's something about that 'Bayer' 'very first generation of the X-Trans' sensor that rendetions colours beautifully, I use a X-Pro1 along with my X-T2 and X-E1.
You'll not be disappointed. If you maybe click through my Flickr pages you'll find a lot of floral photography shot exclusively with the X-P1.

mac

Fixed that for you!!!

X-Pro1 is first generation X-Trans not Bayer!!!

There's something about that 'Bayer' sensor that rendetions colours beautifully, I use a X-Pro1 along with my X-T2 and X-E1.

mac
Thanks Mac, I'll be sure to check out your Flickr. I mainly use my X-T20, but just fancy something a bit different for out walking about on the streets!

Yeah it’s the cover you remove when using a grip. Easy to misplace!
It's probably been left in the storage place in the grip when it was removed.

So got out a little while before the rain came,first shots outdoors,not done much to these jpegs,but i am more than happy with the T3.
The photos themselves are not much,but i wanted to do a comparison for myself,love the X-T3.

Attachments

• DSCF0057-2.jpg
    DSCF0057-2.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF0062-2.jpg
    DSCF0062-2.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF0064-2.jpg
    DSCF0064-2.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
My new (to me) 2005 Honda Innova 125 Scooter arrived recently, sitting alongside my Suzuki touring machine;

Little and Large by APM Photography, on Flickr

The Honda Innova Scooter was a lucky find, one owner from new with only 1,250 miles on the clock, last used/ridden in 2014.
Looking forward to getting it ready for spring etc...

macvisual

My new (to me) 2005 Honda Innova 125 Scooter arrived recently, sitting alongside my Suzuki touring machine;

Little and Large by APM Photography, on Flickr

The Honda Innova Scooter was a lucky find, one owner from new with only 1,250 miles on the clock, last used/ridden in 2014.
Looking forward to getting it ready for spring etc...

macvisual

Very nice indeed Peter. Do you still have the 27mm too ?

She always has her ears up like that when sleeping, but the slightest movement and she`s awake.

Our old pet/cattle dog we had on my parents smallholding was the same. He would appear to be sleeping, but any unusual sound out in the farmyard and he was awake and heading for the door.

If you want to put some images of it in classified I will put some of my new XF18mm.
I can guarantee you I've only taken a handful of photos with it since I bought it new a few months ago, comes with its original box and caps......I put a skylight filter on it, simply immaculate condition!
I've four 12hr shifts to work from tomorrow, I'll try get a few shots of it at some stage. But it's as new/minty.

macvisual

I can guarantee you I've only taken a handful of photos with it since I bought it new a few months ago, comes with its original box and caps......I put a skylight filter on it, simply immaculate condition!
I've four 12hr shifts to work from tomorrow, I'll try get a few shots of it at some stage. But it's as new/minty.

macvisual

I got my 18mm on 7th December last year so still in mint condition, once you get some shots up I will do the same (y)

Finally got round to choosing my 12 favourite shots from 2019. You will have seen most if not all of these already, I guess.

12 For 2019 by Ian, on Flickr

From top left:
1. I went to Tate Britain with intention of some specific interior shots but this wonderful sky greeted me on my way home. Just a grab shot at the time but it came out lovely
2. Another accident - I was shooting the sunset 90 degrees left of this but thankfully noticed the slash in the sky over St Mark's Square
3. A car park in East London
4. Great Wall of China. Not the best weather and a little too late for best Autumn colours but I at least like the composition
5. HK island. A planned shot that worked. I've many different edits each with different colour temps. Really not sure which one I prefer
6. Forbidden City walls at sunset
7. Monte Bove at sunset. A jaw-dropping view in reality, not sure I've done it any justice
8. Milky Way over our house in Italy
9. A nearly deserted St Mark's Square at dawn made deserted with a fair bit of Photoshopping
10. Canary Wharf not Louisiana
11. HK at dawn from the Peak
12. Arty-farty long exposure pano of St Michele cemetery

Finally got round to choosing my 12 favourite shots from 2019. You will have seen most if not all of these already, I guess.

From top left:
1. I went to Tate Britain with intention of some specific interior shots but this wonderful sky greeted me on my way home. Just a grab shot at the time but it came out lovely
2. Another accident - I was shooting the sunset 90 degrees left of this but thankfully noticed the slash in the sky over St Mark's Square
4. Great Wall of China. Not the best weather and a little too late for best Autumn colours but I at least like the composition
5. HK island. A planned shot that worked. I've many different edits each with different colour temps. Really not sure which one I prefer
7. Monte Bove at sunset. A jaw-dropping view in reality, not sure I've done it any justice
9. A nearly deserted St Mark's Square at dawn made deserted with a fair bit of Photoshopping

Bloody Brilliant. Great selection of wonderful pictures. I’d have been happy to have taken just one like this a year.

From top left:
Some lovely images there. Worthy of publication in the Fuji Love magazine!

Thank you both for the kind words. I was very lucky this year to have two extra special trips, one to Venice (my favourite place on earth) where we stayed very close to St Mark's so could get to take very early and very late night shots without annoying the family and a three week work trip through China with more free time than I would like to admit to my bosses.

Back