The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

The first rule in photography class...

"Make sure the eyes are in focus"..

But at f1.4, not much else is!

Attachments

• DSCF0046.jpg
    DSCF0046.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 27
Not been on here for a while, but I'm just about to purchase an X-Pro1 and Fuji 27mm to compliment my X-T20 which I already have. I'll also probably pick up the Meike 35mm f/1.7 as I'm more of a manual focus person in general and it's supposed to be pretty sharp and cheap, so I'll give it a go. The X-T20 will probably remain my main camera for arranged shoots and the X-Pro1 with the 27mm will be my street setup.

Anyone regularly shoot moving subjects with their Fuji? I always struggle.

I have an X-T3 and the missus has an X-T20. Often when shooting moving items (mainly the dog running straight towards the camera) the camera slightly misses focus and focuses a few inches behind the subject leaving the dogs blurry. Admittedly the dog is running pretty quick but i try and aim for 1/2000th shutter speed so I don't think shutter speed is an issue. I usually use CH shooting, zone tracking and experiment with the pre set continuous focus profiles. Usually use the 55-200mm lens.

Anyone got any tips? What settings do you use?

Thanks
Ben

Last edited:

I have an X-T3 and the missus has an X-T20. Often when shooting moving items (mainly the dog running straight towards the camera) the camera slightly misses focus and focuses a few inches behind the subject leaving the dogs blurry. Admittedly the dog is running pretty quick but i try and aim for 1/2000th shutter speed so I don't think shutter speed is an issue. I usually use CH shooting, zone tracking and experiment with the pre set continuous focus profiles. Usually use the 55-200mm lens.

Thanks
Ben
Just a thought but in CH mode does the camera re-focus or use the focus point found on frame 1?

A couple from the South-East

Firstly, 'Prospect Cottage' which was where the English film director Derek Jarman (1942-1994) lived and made a famous garden on the shingle shore near Dungeness nuclear power station. Sadly the garden seems to have declined in recent years but nevertheless it is a very unique location.

Prospect Cottage_1600px.jpg

And then Bodium Castle - a 14th Century fortified dwelling which was built to protect the area from an invasion by France

Bodium Castle_1600px.jpg

Thanks
Ben
Focusing speed is not just about the camera, it's a camera lens combination. I owned the 55-200mm Lens and although it's a very sharp lens it's not great with fast moving subjects.

Last edited:
A couple from the South-East

Firstly, 'Prospect Cottage' which was where the English film director Derek Jarman (1942-1994) lived and made a famous garden on the shingle shore near Dungeness nuclear power station. Sadly the garden seems to have declined in recent years but nevertheless it is a very unique location.

View attachment 265948

Ace. Great mono and composition. :)

@Jelster .... Steve, I have 2 camera‘s that are both permanently set to B&W (we’ll Mono & Acros). Just love the B&W look.

Haven't shot much photography over past month due to usual winter crappy weather. Had a medical appointment this morning in Glasgow, such a photogenic curvaceous building with superb colours and classic angles.

Funky angles by APM Photography, on Flickr

X-T2 -- XF10-24 -- iso 400 -- @ f/7.1

Last edited:
Haven't shot much photography over past month due to usual winter crappy weather. Had a medical appointment this morning in Glasgow, such a photogenic curvaceous building with curves/colours and classic angles.

Funky angles by APM Photography, on Flickr

X-T2 -- XF10-24 -- iso 400 -- @ f/7.1

I like this Peter, all the colours compliment each other nicely.

My X-T3 arrived from the fuji refurb site this afternoon,very happy.:banana:
Looking forward to hearing what you think, and more importantly, seeing your pictures :)

If it ever stops raining here i might get out.:D

My X-T3 arrived from the fuji refurb site this afternoon,very happy.:banana:

That’s a positive “Result” in my book, congrat’s & “ENJOY”.

George.

Thanks
Ben
I have had some success with football matches using continuous low, 9 point zone box and option 3 custom setting (for accelerating and decelerating subjects.

Just noticed this cover missing,what part is it called & where can i pick one up from online,cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_20200117_075349.jpg
    IMG_20200117_075349.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 34
Just noticed this cover missing,what part is it called & where can i pick one up from online,cheers.
Is just tell Jessops. I’m sure they’ll provide one for you.

Back