The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Well mine is a pretty short list too ...

Nikon D40
Nikon D300
Nikon D700
Nikon D750 (never really go on with it)
Nikon D810
Fuji XT2

Mr one camera at a time :D

Well mine is a pretty short list too ...

Nikon D40
Nikon D300
Nikon D700
Nikon D750 (never really go on with it)
Nikon D810
Fuji XT2

Mr one camera at a time :D
How do you find the AF performance of the XT2 compared to the D750, particularly AF-C with fast moving subjects?

How do you find the AF performance of the XT2 compared to the D750, particularly AF-C with fast moving subjects?

In all honesty, I haven`t shot anythong that moves too fast with the T2, but from reading various articles it`s ok once you get used to it. But generally I`m finding it fine. Maybe a tad slower than the D750, but certainly not by much in real word situations. I tend to compare it to the Nikon 50 1.4 and the only lens that I have that`s that slow is the 56 1.2, so all in all, I don`t have any issues at all.
I must get down to Brands Hatch at some point (when the weather gets a bit better ;))

In all honesty, I haven`t shot anythong that moves too fast with the T2, but from reading various articles it`s ok once you get used to it. But generally I`m finding it fine. Maybe a tad slower than the D750, but certainly not by much in real word situations. I tend to compare it to the Nikon 50 1.4 and the only lens that I have that`s that slow is the 56 1.2, so all in all, I don`t have any issues at all.
I must get down to Brands Hatch at some point (when the weather gets a bit better ;))
Thanks. I'm actually more interested in the X-T3 (when the price comes down after the X-T4 is released) but the D750 is my reference point as that is 'good enough' for my needs in terms of performance. Obviously if the X-T2 can match the D750 then it'd mean the X-T3 can too, and possibly better it.

Thanks. I'm actually more interested in the X-T3 (when the price comes down after the X-T4 is released) but the D750 is my reference point as that is 'good enough' for my needs in terms of performance. Obviously if the X-T2 can match the D750 then it'd mean the X-T3 can too, and possibly better it.

From what the guys on here have been saying, the T3 af is a fair bit snappier than on the T2, and I would guess better at tracking aswell.

I would be very surprised if the T2 or T3 is better than the D750 at AFC.

Interesting, I assumed from what I'd read that the X-T3 would be better. ARen't Fuji up to scratch with AF-C and tracking then?

Interesting, I assumed from what I'd read that the X-T3 would be better. ARen't Fuji up to scratch with AF-C and tracking then?

Fuji like Sony have come a long way in a short amount of time, the D750 isnt far off the A7 mk3 (ignoring frame coverage and Eye AF etc) and I know the A7 mk3 is a fair bit better than the XT3 from what Ive seen. The XT3 is quite a lot better than the XT2, so that makes me think theres no way the XT2 can be as good as the D750. As I said though, the XT3 is a camera I will likely buy in pricedrop when 4 is released, it doesnt have to be the best for me while I have the A9.)

Last edited:
Fuji like Sony have come a long way in a short amount of time, the D750 isnt far off the A7 mk3 (ignoring frame coverage and Eye AF etc) and I know the A7 mk3 is a fair bit better than the XT3 from what Ive seen. The XT3 is quite a lot better than the XT2, so that makes me think theres no way the XT2 can be as good as the D750. As I said though, the XT3 is a camera I will likely buy in pricedrop when 4 is released, it doesnt have to be the best for me while I have the A9.)

I'd actually agree with @twist here, the tracking on the Fuji's is good but it is very reliant on getting initial AF lock to maintain the tracking, its not IMO decent spec DSLR fast at locking onto a random moving fast object. The XT-3 is obviously faster but there is no way that the X-T2 all round is as good at tracking as a D750.

I'd actually agree with @twist here, the tracking on the Fuji's is good but it is very reliant on getting initial AF lock to maintain the tracking, its not IMO decent spec DSLR fast at locking onto a random moving fast object. The XT-3 is obviously faster but there is no way that the X-T2 all round is as good at tracking as a D750.
Thanks. I don’t know why but I thought the X-T3 was top of its game and would easily match my EM1-II in acquisition and AF-C

Thanks. I don’t know why but I thought the X-T3 was top of its game and would easily match my EM1-II in acquisition and AF-C

The X-T3 may well match the Olympus, but as usual you are wanting all the specification in a lightweight package that is in turn comfortable for you to hold. You really do like chasing rainbows! Given that the X-T3 + base grip weighs about the same as a Sony A7 III or your existing Z7, the only benefit you'll gain is the saving on the weight of the glass, but then 'your' performance requirements will demand some of the heavier Fuji glass anyway. In your position I'd just wait until the A7iv is announced which I suspect will meet most of your requirements, assuming that Sony put it in the larger Mk2 mirrorless body.

Last edited:
The X-T3 may well match the Olympus, but as usual you are wanting all the specification in a lightweight package that is in turn comfortable for you to hold. You really do like chasing rainbows! Given that the X-T3 + base grip weighs about the same as a Sony A7 III or your existing Z7, the only benefit you'll gain is the saving on the weight of the glass, but then 'your' performance requirements will demand some of the heavier Fuji glass anyway. In your position I'd just wait until the A7iv is announced which I suspect will meet most of your requirements, assuming that Sony put it in the larger Mk2 mirrorless body.

:ROFLMAO: So true. He should change his name to Skittles. Just messing around, 3 full systems and a 1"er, that load costs way more than an rIV and a couple fast zooms.

Have you preordered the V yet?

Last edited:
As pre orders are already being taken, doesn't this mean there won't be any trade in deals? Seem to remember the xt3 trade in deals were offered as soon as pre orders were available.
I am first on the list for my X100V... or so I am told! :D lol
The Sony A9 is on its way to its new owner.....

I am first on the list for my X100V... or so I am told! :D lol
The Sony A9 is on its way to its new owner.....

Dirty git, hes changed his avatar to pure filth. In a year that V will have 2k actuations and he'll be selling for £500, take note of the bargain fuji users.

Last edited:
Good thinking, Id imagine you will soon get the (optional grr) WR for free. The way it should be. Colour?

I already have the Fuji hood kits in black and silver (X100F and X100 respectively) and a 49mm filter so in that respect I'm ok. I'm interested in the trade-in deals as my X100F is quite battered and therefore won't appeal to the typical TP classified buyer who wants a perfect camera at a bargain price!!! And as such it will get marked down by a dealer on trade in but a trade in bonus might take it to a 'normal' price, alternatively I might keep the F and just sell a couple of X-mount lenses.

Not sure on colour this time, quite fancy silver but then we all know silver is for hipsters (@Riz_Guru) and black is for pro's :D

Nope, not chasing the holy grail as it doesn’t exist ;) As I’ve said I like trying different things but at the moment I’m not seriously contemplating doing anything, just interested in finding out what’s out there and how it all fairs (y)
:ROFLMAO: So true. He should change his name to Skittles. Just messing around, 3 full systems and a 1"er, that load costs way more than an rIV and a couple fast zooms.

Have you preordered the V yet?
Nah, 2 full systems ‘only’. If I go for a more lightweight package it would be either a light mirrorless OR 1” compact and not both ;) I could just as likely see myself doing a Riz, ditching everything and getting one body and lens ;)

I already have the Fuji hood kits in black and silver (X100F and X100 respectively) and a 49mm filter so in that respect I'm ok. I'm interested in the trade-in deals as my X100F is quite battered and therefore won't appeal to the typical TP classified buyer who wants a perfect camera at a bargain price!!! And as such it will get marked down by a dealer on trade in but a trade in bonus might take it to a 'normal' price, alternatively I might keep the F and just sell a couple of X-mount lenses.

Not sure on colour this time, quite fancy silver but then we all know silver is for hipsters (@Riz_Guru) and black is for pro's :D

The black does look rather nice but your right, I’m a hipster innit lol, so had to go for silver.
In the process of having a massive clear out and stripping back to basics.

In the process of having a massive clear out and stripping back to basics.

I'm working on this at the moment, the camera I most like using is the X100F and I feel I take better images with it, with the ILC cameras I spend too much time getting all techy, though Ive taken some useful images, the experience is just not the same, that said I'm struggling to dump all the ILC stuff, if I didn't have the XF16F1.4, Zeiss 32mm and XF90mm I'm sure it would be easier!!!

But for a lightweight package an X100 series camera plus a WCL takes some beating

I'm working on this at the moment, the camera I most like using is the X100F and I feel I take better images with it, with the ILC cameras I spend too much time getting all techy, though Ive taken some useful images, the experience is just not the same, that said I'm struggling to dump all the ILC stuff, if I didn't have the XF16F1.4, Zeiss 32mm and XF90mm I'm sure it would be easier!!!

But for a lightweight package an X100 series camera plus a WCL takes some beating

This was & is my problem, buying more gear than I actually need.... I am avoiding buying the Fujinon TCL / WCL tele-converter lenses for now. I am even going to not bother with a battery charger and spare battery to start with. :eek:

This was & is my problem, buying more gear than I actually need.... I am avoiding buying the Fujinon TCL / WCL tele-converter lenses for now. I am even going to not bother with a battery charger and spare battery to start with. :eek:

Already got 3 chargers and 7 genuine S batteries, plus a load of 3rd party non-S ones!! and a TCL, WCL and a fisheye adapter that fits on a WCL for a full circle fish eye, plus loads of 49mm filters, etc, etc.... there really is no help...... for the GAS afflicted......

Back