The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Looking for recommendations for other software to try,at the moment i use LR6.
Just tried Luminar 4,so looking for something which i would buy up to about £100.

Last edited:
Looking for recommendations for other software to try,at the moment i use LR6.
Just tried Luminar 4,so looking for something which i would buy up to about £100.
I use ON1 Photo Raw, I also have Affinity but hardly need to use that as ON1 has most of what I need for 99% of the time.

@kris3291 has one up for sale. Not sure if you`d seen that. I had no idea what it was, but some nice images when I googled it.
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/zhongyi-mitakon-35mm-0-95-ii.706901/
I use it regularly and it takes a little getting used to, but I basically have a split screen with a magnified image on the left and unmagnified on the right on my XT3's with no peaking. I have also used it with the Fuji Macro extension which is pretty fun! It's a great lens, and I will certainly own other Mitakons in future. Still sadly must move this one on.

Thanks guys will have a look.

yep got the free capture 1,just having a look at other things
:)

I use it regularly and it takes a little getting used to, but I basically have a split screen with a magnified image on the left and unmagnified on the right on my XT3's with no peaking. I have also used it with the Fuji Macro extension which is pretty fun! It's a great lens, and I will certainly own other Mitakons in future. Still sadly must move this one on.

@snerkler

Cripes! As a Fuji-newbie, I'm still learning about where to go for info. I'm interested in the 23mm/f2, and find a YT video from a pretty popular reviewer and he raves about it. He's had his hands on a TON of Fuji gear, and so I bookmark his channel for other reviews, but just then I click on another video and in it he slags off the ... er ... 23mm/f2. WTF? And another thing - he shows almost no actual photos in his 'reviews'.

A few clicks later and it appears that (name withheld) is a BSer of the highest order. Christopher Frost's reviews are far more balanced, and finding his 16-80mm review may also have saved me time and money.

Any particular YT/review sites to rely on for Fuji stuff? (Something like Philip Reeves on Sony.)

(Note to self: never trust someone who has a fake fire as his Mac screensaver.)

Any particular YT/review sites to rely on for Fuji stuff? (Something like Philip Reeves on Sony.)

In all honesty, between the peeps on here, I`d reckon we have every lens that Fuji make (ok, maybe not the 200 f2): and I would trust their opinion more than a random yt reviewer. There might be some decent ones out there. I also think a lot depends on what you want from said lens. In some circumstances, clinically sharp works brilliantly, but in others, it won`t. Not specifically the 23 f2 btw ;)

I have the 23 f1.4 and love it. But I know others prefer the f2 :)

Thanks, I'm not overly familiar with the manual focus aids on the Fuji yet, but from what I can gather you get a digital version of the split prism and micro prism, focus zoom, split view and peaking. Can you combine these so you could have split prism and micro prism working together? Also with the split view can you choose whether the magnified view is the larger image or smaller image, or is it always the smaller image?

With regards to the Mitakon, do you have any sample photos you'd be willing to share please?
I have ordered the V and am patiently waiting....:fuji:
I'm waiting to see if there's any offers or freebies (such as weather sealing kit) thrown in at the show. I very much doubt it though.
Thanks for the heads up (y)

@Riz_Guru
The only trouble with being introduced to this guy's site is that it's made me even more aware of how inadequate I am as a photographer, thanks very much @Dave70D ;) :p

And he's basically an amateur!! Main job is as a doctor........... Fujifilm were so impressed with his work that he now shoots all their gear promo photos

Ok ok that and the 200 f2 ;)

I just got the 200 f2, but I'm a bit of a lurker on here and don't post a lot. Is there anything specific you wanted to know about it?

I've only used it for a football game so far, but compared to the 100-400 its much faster and accurate AF (as I'd hoped!)

I just got the 200 f2, but I'm a bit of a lurker on here and don't post a lot. Is there anything specific you wanted to know about it?

I've only used it for a football game so far, but compared to the 100-400 its much faster and accurate AF (as I'd hoped!)
Yeah when are going to lend it to me for 6 months ?

The queue is round the block.:D:p

So Pete (@imattersuk) you just need to go get the 8-16 and we have a full house!!

I think Stuart at LFH has stock, was thinking about hiring it out for a play....

Can we get them on PCP? You can have them for 6 months & trade it in for a new one (hold on, with Fuji bodies that may just be a solution!!)
I'd love to see them work out the future guaranteed value on a Fuji body ;-)

I'd love to see them work out the future guaranteed value on a Fuji body ;-)

That's easy, -20% at purchase, then -5% every 3 months until there's rumours of a replacement and then it's -10% per month, until you hit 20% of the original value.....

That's how it feels with my T2's anyway

Back