The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Well I've gone and done it and got myself an X-T3. Moved away from Fuji for a couple of years but liked the X-T20 so much I thought I'd better go the whole hog and it seems a significant upgrade too.
Cant wait for its arrival but the X-T20 will have to go now by the look of it :(

Why does the T20 have to go? If you were able to buy the T3 before selling it? New lenses maybe?

Well I've gone and done it and got myself an X-T3. Moved away from Fuji for a couple of years but liked the X-T20 so much I thought I'd better go the whole hog and it seems a significant upgrade too.
Cant wait for its arrival but the X-T20 will have to go now by the look of it :(

I use to have the X-T20 but the T3 is a damn sight better in every way.

Why does the T20 have to go? If you were able to buy the T3 before selling it? New lenses maybe?
Dont think I can justify keeping both to SWMBO, I cant even make out they are the same body.
X-T20 is black and the T3 is silver. Didn't really think that one through very well did I.
I'll try them both side by side first before I make any rash decisions. Another lens would always be good too though.

Dont think I can justify keeping both to SWMBO, I cant even make out they are the same body.
X-T20 is black and the T3 is silver. Didn't really think that one through very well did I.
I'll try them both side by side first before I make any rash decisions. Another lens would always be good too though.

2 bodies are always better than one.... And, for what you'll get for the T20, it's worth keeping.

Yup. Not thought through.

I bought an X-10 several years ago. Added an X-2s and SWMBO didn't notice.

Added an X-Pro 2 last month. Left it out in plain sight.SWMBO still hasn't noticed.

This is my kind of lighting, high contrast, some nice depth, bags of detail where it matters - Nice (y)

Thanks, Keith (y)
Not the easiest thing in the world, posing ;)

Indeed, I have been known to do it myself when setting up lighting. It's easier DIY than expect someone to wait while you fumble about with settings though :)

Haha fair point, mate. My daughter has zero patience when it comes to lighting :)

I do like the look of the silver one though, looks more retro and like the cameras I had in the 70s. Nostalgia eh.
Got to be silver (y)
I lost my interest a little until I went back to Fuji, the bodies just make me want to pick them up.
It wont make me a better photographer but it will make me get out more or take a camera when I do go out, so in the long run its got to be a good thing.
That's been my issue, I've been fortunate to own some of the best FF bodies (especially in terms of IQ) but I just feel a bit 'meh' about them in terms of using them, whereas I see my old OM1 sat at the side and always want to pick that up. I'm hoping the Fuji cameras give me that same feeling.

Got to be silver (y)
That's been my issue, I've been fortunate to own some of the best FF bodies (especially in terms of IQ) but I just feel a bit 'meh' about them in terms of using them, whereas I see my old OM1 sat at the side and always want to pick that up. I'm hoping the Fuji cameras give me that same feeling.

Fujis are very tactile, for sure :)

Got to be silver (y)

Its gorgeous in silver and just a delight to use. It reminds me of my first camera, an Asahi Pentax Spotmatic 500 that my Dad bought for me when we lived in Aden.

I must admit to buying the X-T3 in silver to remind me of that wonderful little Pentax.

Got to be silver (y)

I can relate to how your feeling :)

Guys silver scratches VERY easily for some reason. Seen many X100's and XT-3's that just don't stand up to wear like the black one's do.

Personally that would do my head in as I like my gear to be pristine.

PS. I may have issues I wash my car more than I drive it LOL

Guys silver scratches VERY easily for some reason. Seen many X100's and XT-3's that just don't stand up to wear like the black one's do.

The silver on the X100V is supposedly more scratch resistant, or at least scratches aren’t as visible as the silver is the actual colour of the metal and not a ‘paint’.

I have to admit the launch price of the X100V is a tough ask when the X100F can be had a whopping £600 cheaper grey, that’s nearly half price.

I have had silver Fuji's in the past and never had any issues, are they using different paint now?
I'll also have to see if I can get one of the little "PASSED" stickers to put on the silver paint to complete the look and really bring back happy memories :LOL:

I have had silver Fuji's in the past and never had any issues, are they using different paint now?
I'll also have to see if I can get one of the little "PASSED" stickers to put on the silver paint to complete the look and really bring back happy memories :LOL:
I had the silver/titanium X-T1 and that was flawless, not sure why the X-T3’s would be different?

I had the silver/titanium X-T1 and that was flawless, not sure why the X-T3’s would be different?
I've had the X-E1 and the compact X30 both in silver and also (going back sometime) the STX-1 but that was probably metal not siver paint, none have had any issues.
Come to think of it I've probably still got the STX-1 somewhere, I dont remeber selling it.

Yes the silver XT-3's are very easily scratched, it's pretty thin paint.

Well not posted or anything but if been watching this thread some times.

The silver X-T3 that I got from a charity shop for 75 quid was not scratched and even before I traded it in I was not careful when putting it in the bag and not one mark on it.
Is this for real? :eek:

£75 for an X-T3...... Which charity shop and was there a long queue
Is this for real? :eek:

Yes it was real, looked brand new so I told them they should up the price but they did not so Mum gave me a fiver and I added the 70 and walked out with a new silver X-T3 and all the bits and box too. Had it a while then traded it in and Jessops said it was brand new so a result for me.

Yes it was real, looked brand new so I told them they should up the price but they did not so Mum gave me a fiver and I added the 70 and walked out with a new silver X-T3 and all the bits and box too. Had it a while then traded it in and Jessops said it was brand new so a result for me.
Wow, how come I never find anything like this :LOL:

Wow, how come I never find anything like this :LOL:

lol... A few months before that in the same charity shop I got a Tripod and bag for £15 the tripod is so study it would hold a Canon 70D and Sigma 150-600mm easy. Still have the tripod.

I'm praying for £999 at Panamoz, let's see.

You'd be very lucky... Fuji grey prices aren't usually super discounted, in fact Panamoz's X-H1 kit is more expensive than the UK retail, and their X-E3+18-55 is a whopping £300 more than the Fuji Refurb store.

And my silver X100 is in superb condition considering is 7.5 years old, unlike my X100F which has really been through the wars, and if I choose to sell it I reckon it will be the cheapest X100F available, but then no-one on TP would buy it as the classifieds are full of people who want perfect kit at knock down prices........:rolleyes: I reckon I'm just going to keep it as a beater (quarry camera!)

Back