The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I have a Billingham Hadley small pro, for my one lens outings, and think it`s pretty perfect. Not cheap, but built to last.
I've got a couple of billingham bags @Paulie-W, ideally need something that doesn't look like a camera bag and will hold a water bottle. The pockets on the front of mine are too small for a small flask or water bottle.

Planning for the future, when I'm free to travel the country for overnight trips. What small shoulder bags are you all using with an x100 size camera?

I'm looking to fit the x100v with hood, charger, 3 batteries, phone, keys and a drink/water bottle on the outside in a pocket. Looking at the thinktank mover 20 but it has nothing for a drink/water bottle. The water bottle is important for me and my pup! I've thought about hanging a bottle off the mover20 but it will send me nuts flopping and clanging.

I've got a lowepro nova 180 which is overkill and a smaller version which has no bottle holder.

I don't usually have this problem because I lug 30+lbs around in a flipside 500:confused:

black Hadley Pro here, excellent day bag, love the handle on top (you can tuck shoulder strap inside), also like the fact it’s big enough to slot a magazine in as well, also got the optional shoulder pad, which makes it very comfortable when worn as a crossover bag

Last edited:
I've got a couple of billingham bags @Paulie-W, ideally need something that doesn't look like a camera bag and will hold a water bottle. The pockets on the front of mine are too small for a small flask or water bottle.

When I wander up the back with my two Rotties I take my X100V, a pair of Hawke binos and a water bottle and a collapsible bowl in a Billingham 35. I find it as easy to use as my Hadley Pro and very comfortable to wear, albeit it is a rucksack and not a shoulder bag.

Nice shot od Dale St / China Lane - one of my favourite areas to shoot :)

Planning for the future, when I'm free to travel the country for overnight trips. What small shoulder bags are you all using with an x100 size camera?

I'm looking to fit the x100v with hood, charger, 3 batteries, phone, keys and a drink/water bottle on the outside in a pocket. Looking at the thinktank mover 20 but it has nothing for a drink/water bottle. The water bottle is important for me and my pup! I've thought about hanging a bottle off the mover20 but it will send me nuts flopping and clanging.

I've got a lowepro nova 180 which is overkill and a smaller version which has no bottle holder.

I don't usually have this problem because I lug 30+lbs around in a flipside 500:confused:

I have a couple of options. Like a couple of the others, I have a small Billingham, but I've also go a Jack Woldfskin camera shoulder bag (it doesn't look like a camera bag) and the compartment inside pulls out. With it in, I can get an X-T body with the 10-24 in one side, with a couple of batteries and the 35 f1.4 (or 90 f2) in the other. An iPad Mini goes in the back, there's a pocket on the inside top, and a pocket in the front for phone/keys/wallet. It also has elasticated pockets on the sides plus it has a waist strap so nobody can nick it off of your shoulder.

Other than that, I have small walking rucksak, which takes the camera compartment from the bag above, or I just stick a single body with lens in it and use it like that.

The list of small bags is endless, it's when you want to take 2 bodies with lenses plus another lens & a flash that it starts to get difficult, if you don't want an obvious camera bag...

I guess you could always try two 500ml bottles as an option, as opposed to one big one. I dunno, it might make your choice of bag easier :)

Still trying to convince myself I need a V

This with original X100

DSCF8472-Edit.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

You don't need it......but that never stops GAS anyway, but if you want

More MP
Better Lens - less soft
1/3 Increment Aperture Stops
Faster AF
WR
Better Battery Life
A Joystick
More Exp Comp Range
Occasional Video

Then you can convince yourself :)

(but an F can do most of that at half the price.......just saying)

I’m hovering over the button to change my GX9 to a V :ROFLMAO:

You don't need it......but that never stops GAS anyway, but if you want

More MP
Better Lens - less soft
1/3 Increment Aperture Stops
Faster AF
WR
Better Battery Life
A Joystick
More Exp Comp Range
Occasional Video

Then you can convince yourself :)

(but an F can do most of that at half the price.......just saying)

More MP (y)
Better Lens - less soft (y)
1/3 Increment Aperture Stops (y)
Faster AF (y)(y)
WR :cautious:
Better Battery Life (y)
A Joystick (n)(n)(n)
More Exp Comp Range (y)
Occasional Video (n)

I’m still struggling with the loss of the d-pad :sneaky:

I’m hovering over the button to change my GX9 to a V :ROFLMAO:

More MP (y)
Better Lens - less soft (y)
1/3 Increment Aperture Stops (y)
Faster AF (y)(y)
WR :cautious:
Better Battery Life (y)
A Joystick (n)(n)(n)
More Exp Comp Range (y)
Occasional Video (n)

I’m still struggling with the loss of the d-pad :sneaky:

No, the Joystick is really good (y)(y)(y)(y)(y), when you are used to it, it just becomes natural to move the focus point about. Another thing in the V's favour is that it can be set to remember focus point in orientation (sadly missing from the F, but was introduced on the X-T2 and the F came later..... grrrrr(n)) This means that as you rotate the camera from landscape to portrait it keeps the focus point where it was last set in the orientation.(y)

Nice to see some pics of Guildford - I used to live there :) And your B&Ws are very nice from that X100.

Thanks Simon. That’s kind of you.

That is still an excellent camera,i can,t see the V making that any better.

James. I’m thinking the same. Maybe I’ll end up saving a pile of cash...maybe..

Trevor,

Perhaps I could help being a qualified GAS psychiatrist. Years of experience and a sympathetic manner has helped many a lost cause and received glowing tributes from those who suffer from DMS (Definite Maybe Syndrome).

Two words normally do the trick:

'Buy it'

There you go. Cured, (and a shiny new X100V to boot).

No need for thanks, just pleased to have helped.:giggle:

I'm seriously contemplating an X100F/V. Would be much better for my walks up in the hills, and I can always go back for anything specific once I've found it.

Now, to convince Mrs J....

I'm seriously contemplating an X100F/V. Would be much better for my walks up in the hills, and I can always go back for anything specific once I've found it.

The X100F on FujiFilm refurb at £599 is a very tempting proposition. Just sayin'.......

Got an email from parcelfarce saying my V was delayed until tomorrow :(
Got in from work and there's a box waiting for me with a V inside :D

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH it's lovely and tactile, missed having a Fuji. It's like a mini xpro1.
Fitted my temporary weather kit & hood from Amazon until the fuji version arrives. Fitted my peak cuff and shutter button, luckily I have 20+ in my stock kit from my last Fujis.

Just charging my batteries in my Amazon charger......................come on..............hurry up and charge!!!

Lol it is tempting. Not maybe till next year with what's going on but I can see myself going that way with the wide angle and tele that would do for the majority of my shooting. And if I wanted to go longer maybe a small mft body with one lens.

This is why I've just had the V. Even a small dslr, walkabout lens, tripod, spare battery and other bits become a chore to carry around. Especially when I've got the pup with me.

I got to the point where I wasn't even bothering with the cameras any longer, unless I was away on photo trip. I can take the v out in a bag with bits and bobs or just pop this around my neck, wrist or in a coat pocket. I'm thinking about selling all of my canon bodies and lenses after holding this. Almost did and bought the xh1 at £699 but they've just sold out.

Not used this yet but holding it I know I've done the right thing.

.....Even a small dslr, walkabout lens, tripod, spare battery and other bits become a chore to carry around. Especially when I've got the pup with me.

I got to the point where I wasn't even bothering with the cameras any longer, unless I was away on photo trip. I can take the v out in a bag with bits and bobs or just pop this around my neck, wrist or in a coat pocket.

This is also my thinking regarding the X100 series, but I'm also thinking a Panasonic GX9 with 20mm pancake is effectively the same size and unless pixel peeping I'm not sure anyone would tell the difference between the two images - 23mm F2 crop vs 20mm F1.7 m43.

Capture.PNG

This is also my thinking regarding the X100 series, but I'm also thinking a Panasonic GX9 with 20mm pancake is effectively the same size and unless pixel peeping I'm not sure anyone would tell the difference between the two images - 23mm F2 crop vs 20mm F1.7 m43.

View attachment 281553

The Fuji has the bigger sensor, is better in low light, has a built in ND filter, is 35mm focal length better than 40mm as a general purpose lens, etc, etc

Last edited:
The Fuji has the bigger sensor, is better in low light, has a built in ND filter, is 35mm focal length better than 40mm as a general purpose lens, etc, etc

Oh stop it please :) I've still got a day or so to cancel my GX9 order (not due til the 05/06) and change it to the V instead.
I suppose the only saving grace for the GX9 is that I can fit additional lenses should I want/need to. BUt hey I am in a Fuji fan club thread so am not expecting anything less :)

Last edited:

View attachment 281553

Fuji looks so sexy :D

Back