The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

well it all started with me selling my nikon 610, decided didnt need a dedicated camera and would use my phone instead. then my daughter decided she wanted a camera,i found at the fuji refurb store an XT100 with 15-45 for £250 inc,be perfect for her. in loft waiting till her birthday 22nd and i thoughti might borrow it lol but spotted a 5* excellent cond XT1 from LCE for £220. so I thought why not. just need an 18-55 to go with it now and yes David i did consider my 8th X100 original as i had seen 2 like new at mpb for £345 a couple of months back but they have since gone and im glad ive got the XT1 arriving this morning

well it all started with me selling my nikon 610, decided didnt need a dedicated camera and would use my phone instead. then my daughter decided she wanted a camera,i found at the fuji refurb store an XT100 with 15-45 for £250 inc,be perfect for her. in loft waiting till her birthday 22nd and i thoughti might borrow it lol but spotted a 5* excellent cond XT1 from LCE for £220. so I thought why not. just need an 18-55 to go with it now and yes David i did consider my 8th X100 original as i had seen 2 like new at mpb for £345 a couple of months back but they have since gone and im glad ive got the XT1 arriving this morning

Just stick the 15-45 on it for now - you might have to update the firmware as the lens came out a lot later than the camera. X-T1 is nice, and nice sensor and big EVF

yes thanks, have dl latest firmware just incase its not been done and yes i will have to be nice to my daughter ;)

I actually could have pushed for the XT2 but I decided the 1 was perfectly adequate for my humble needs ,especially as I wouldnt use the AFC advanced controls etc. cheers

Anyone with an X-T4 that's found a screen protector for it? I'm not seeing much. Obv want something low profile. I know the screen flips but I chimp when I take photos and dont want the screen to rub on my belt. I dont really like viewing the photos in the viewfinder, it's weird Haha.

The only interesting thing of late.

G75k4a4.jpg

Meadow in the evening light ...

X-Pro2; XF 16-55; f2.8; 1/1100; ISO 100

Any X100V owners with any views on it yet? Good or bad points? Not seeing many shots with one.

I've got a really strong urge for one but all reviews are people sitting at a desk or hipsters doing street. I regret selling my xpro1s and this looks like a nice up to date version.

The most important question, black or silver????

Love the stealth black but is the silver more durable, does it show less marks/scratches?

Any X100V owners with any views on it yet? Good or bad points? Not seeing many shots with one.

I've got a really strong urge for one but all reviews are people sitting at a desk or hipsters doing street. I regret selling my xpro1s and this looks like a nice up to date version.

Love the stealth black but is the silver more durable, does it show less marks/scratches?

I have the X100V and use to have the F, the V is a lot sharper wide open @f2. It is also quicker to focus and a bit closer too, it has the all new Fuji sim Classic Neg which imo is just beautiful. @Riz_Guru has the V and loves it too.

Yes, it is a superb camera as long as it meets your requirements for a fixed lens camera, are prepared to use a foot operated zoom ( or invest in the WCL and TCL converter lenses, I use it with a X-70 WCL) and love the rangefinder style.

As for reviews I read most of them, was disappointed that Maarten Heilbronn had not reviewed it but did find this one to be extremely useful:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2iRQnapQHM

He is excellent, and this review is IMHO the best one out there.

Black or silver? How long is a piece of string? Totally subjective, mine is silver and it is stunning and shows off the solid milled aluminium top and bottom plates perfectly. Having had all the X100 series, black and silver, I think that the V hits the exact spot in colour, tactile feel and appearance. I still have my black Limited Edition X100 and that is a fingerprint magnet, the X100V shows absolutely no marks.

As for durability, absolutely no idea and yes the black is less obtrusive and if you need to be as covert as possible then there is your answer. I have a mix of black, graphite grey and silver Fuji's, am not in the slightest bit interested in street photography and choose the colour which I believe suits the camera body best.

It comes down to personal choice but I did handle both the silver and the black X100V's before I bought mine, the silver just looked (to me anyway) the most beautiful camera I had ever seen and on looks alone I ordered it.

Thanks all.

How are you all finding the touch screen operation and do you miss the directional pad? Is the joystick easy to use? it looks tiny.

Not the greatest fan of touch screens but do use them sometimes. Mostly turned off as my nose keeps moving the focus point for me!

D-Pad is something I do miss as I have got used to it over the years but I have adapted and it does make the back look less cluttered and may have been a quid pro quo for the tilty screen which I think is one of the major advantages of the X100V over its predecessors.

The joystick is superb, tactile, accurate and easy to move with my thumb. The joystick itself is exactly the same size as my X-T3, X-H1 and X-Pro2 however the aperture or joystick indent is smaller on the X100V which gives the impression that it is 'tiny'. It moves and feels exactly the same as the others.

The attached shots show the standard 35mm FF equivalent lens and the 26mm FF equivalent when the FujiFilm X-70 WCL is fitted. It is a cracking converter and is on offer at FujiFilm UK for £75 rather than the £250ish for the X100 WCL. It is wider than the X100 WCL.DSCF1107.jpegDSCF1108.jpegDSCF1665.jpeg

Thanks all.

How are you all finding the touch screen operation and do you miss the directional pad? Is the joystick easy to use? it looks tiny.

I just use the screen for when I`m scrolling through the images, I was already use to using just the joystick and find it a breeze to use and imo a lot better than the D-Pad.

Thanks again for your help, it's on the way in.....................................................................black (y)
weather sealing kit and a spare battery.

Any good aftermarket chargers that work well with fuji batteries?

I was bothered about my big nose and fat cheek on the screen. All of my cameras have 'that' face mark across the corner that I continually have to wipe away! I've got touch screens but never really use them. Used to Canon dpads, even when they have the joystick too. Had the xpro2 so okay with the joystick size.

@patr I'm used to zooming with my feet xpro1 always had a 35mm 1.4 on the front. I'm trying to keep this as light as possible and sort of pocketable. I'm saying I won't be using the convertors but we all say things like that then buy everything that clips onto the camera anyway:p

1 sleep left :banana:

We didn't manage to see the SpaceX Dragon pass close to the moon on Sunday (light pollution in W London I guess) but I did point my X-T2 at the moon.
X-T2 attached to a Canon 70-300L and the Mk2 Fringer.
I didn't get a tack sharp image using the A/F, but focusing manually using the focus peak highlight allowed me to capture this, which isn't terrible.
(Albeit a bit boring - it's the moon, it's not going anywhere anytime soon !!!)

The Moon
by Tim White, on Flickr

Thanks again for your help, it's on the way in.....................................................................black (y)

I was bothered about my big nose and fat cheek on the screen. All of my cameras have 'that' face mark across the corner that I continually have to wipe away! I've got touch screens but never really use them. Used to Canon dpads, even when they have the joystick too. Had the xpro2 so okay with the joystick size.

@patr I'm used to zooming with my feet xpro1 always had a 35mm 1.4 on the front. I'm trying to keep this as light as possible and sort of pocketable. I'm saying I won't be using the convertors but we all say things like that then buy everything that clips onto the camera anyway:p

Last edited:
X-T4 and that spiecial fantastic bit of glass XF90mm f2.

Pinky by Dave, on Flickr

The Bloomer by Dave, on Flickr
Super shots, the 90 is superb, probably would be just as good with the H1 or XP2. I can't see the settings as Flickr is banned here at work.

Super shots, the 90 is superb, probably would be just as good with the H1 or XP2. I can't see the settings as Flickr is banned here at work.

It`s only my first proper go, but at the moment it feels better on the T4 than the T3 as it`s a tighter fit it just feels right maybe even better than on the H1 :thinking:

Sorry for early rapid and unfinished post, DPD man arrived with my Gitzo 3 way head. Mea Culpa!

Congratulations on your lovely new camera!

I use this battery charger and the batteries. Absolutely no difference from the FujiFilm originals performance wise, no screen warnings either as they are W126s compatible.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NP-W126-Re...ilm+x-t3&qid=1591102780&s=electronics&sr=1-13

May I suggest these screen protectors, I first thought they had sent foils but they are glass, fit superbly and are so thin that you would think them to be
factory fitted.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/brotect-An...CGS392R9YB8&psc=1&refRID=V7JETEW1JCGS392R9YB8

Only I sleep!

Cheers @patr

charger ordered, don't fancy charging through the camera for every battery.

Enjoy your gitzo 3way(y)

Epic Fail, you know there is only one aperture setting on the 90mm, and that's wide open F2!!! :D

Good to see you back with some quality glass.

Forgot to put it on Aperture mode as had it on SS :banghead:

It is great to have the 90 back now, never again is it going.

No Longer Available.

George.

Last edited:
Planning for the future, when I'm free to travel the country for overnight trips. What small shoulder bags are you all using with an x100 size camera?

I'm looking to fit the x100v with hood, charger, 3 batteries, phone, keys and a drink/water bottle on the outside in a pocket. Looking at the thinktank mover 20 but it has nothing for a drink/water bottle. The water bottle is important for me and my pup! I've thought about hanging a bottle off the mover20 but it will send me nuts flopping and clanging.

I've got a lowepro nova 180 which is overkill and a smaller version which has no bottle holder.

I don't usually have this problem because I lug 30+lbs around in a flipside 500:confused:

Planning for the future, when I'm free to travel the country for overnight trips. What small shoulder bags are you all using with an x100 size camera?

I'm looking to fit the x100v with hood, charger, 3 batteries, phone, keys and a drink/water bottle on the outside in a pocket. Looking at the thinktank mover 20 but it has nothing for a drink/water bottle. The water bottle is important for me and my pup! I've thought about hanging a bottle off the mover20 but it will send me nuts flopping and clanging.

I've got a lowepro nova 180 which is overkill and a smaller version which has no bottle holder.

I don't usually have this problem because I lug 30+lbs around in a flipside 500:confused:

I have a Billingham Hadley small pro, for my one lens outings, and think it`s pretty perfect. Not cheap, but built to last.

Back