The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Agreed Dave, I think the X-H1 is the finest all round camera I have ever owned. It feels just right, can't explain why but it is a truly lovely bit of kit. Tack on the 90mm and I am hard pressed to think of a better combination. I like my X-T3, I adore my X-H1.

:plus1: to that, In my honest opinion the X-H1 is the finest APS-C camera available from any manufacturer. And I’ve either had most of them on loan or tried them at some point.

George.

Capture one users…

Can anyone advise the equivalent C1 sliders that are the shadows and black sliders in Lightroom?

These are the main 2 sliders I use in LR and I’m experimenting again with C1!
They’re shadows and black in C1 as well (in the hdr tab) :)
Is that on the free version too? I'm not sure as I have the full version.

HDR tab in the free version has/had shadows-highlights-white-black (y)

Also walked around the old Garrison at Shoeburyness. Fascinating place that is now a posh housing estate. Some history here: https://www.shoeburygarrison.com/shoebury-garrison-history (X100V)

This clock tower was built in 1856..

Clock Tower by Alan F-Stop, on Flickr

Some kind of warehouse or storage sheds..

Roofline by Alan F-Stop, on Flickr

Once upon a time this was a row of officer quarters, they are now posh houses...

Garrison by Alan F-Stop, on Flickr

Well worth an explore if you're ever in Essex

Last edited:
Thoughts on the 23mm f1.4? Always fancied one and the reviews seem to read great. What's people's experiences with it, particularly with regards to the auto focus? Faster than the 35 1.4?

Thoughts on the 23mm f1.4? Always fancied one and the reviews seem to read great. What's people's experiences with it, particularly with regards to the auto focus? Faster than the 35 1.4?

I love mine. Probably my most used (bar macro). Great quality, sharp as sharp can be and great colours.

My used X-T3 has arrived.
Im loving the increased resolution of the EVF, just what I needed coming from the a6000. Going to sit down and go through the manual
1st shot! - SMC K 30mm @ F4

oQWqJCm.jpg

Last edited:
I really enjoyed playing with the X Pro 2 today, whilst I love the output of the XP1 the 2 is much nicer to use. I think I will have a look at the XP3 when they drop in price a bit.

It even managed to make my car look clean from a distance :)

Pictures from a walk today by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

Well i couldnt resist the fuji refurbished deal on the x100f :)
Anyone got or used this filter set for the X100 series? I'm tempted to buy it from my incoming X100V as I wont just be using it for street.

NisiFilterKit

Hi I have ordered the professional set which hopefully will be with me by wednesday

Last edited:
Well i couldnt resist the fuji refurbished deal on the x100f :)

Hi I have ordered the professional set which hopefully will be with me by wednesday

Oooo, I had the X100T briefly and loved it. Ever since I've longed for another. Now I've got the X100V on the way which should be hear hopefully Monday. You'll enjoy the X100 series!

Awesomeness, would you mind letting me know your thoughts when it comes please?

Thanks, it's been very hard work to get here, but now we are settled, :)

Good stuff, know the feeling about moving - we just moved to our current house over 3yrs back and it was about the most stressful thing I've done in my life outside of organising a funeral = not even kidding! Best of luck, it does indeed look like a new house?

Good stuff, know the feeling about moving - we just moved to our current house over 3yrs back and it was about the most stressful thing I've done in my life outside of organising a funeral = not even kidding! Best of luck, it does indeed look like a new house?
We've been here 4 years now, but it was new when we bought it. The next 2 years were spent getting everything sorted just how we (I actually mean my missus) wanted it. And having a 1 year old at the time added to the stress levels somewhat :)

If I move again it will be abroad somewhere.

Right, so I’ve now decided I need a man bag to accommodate the X100, my wallet, my bunch of keys and my iPhone.
Ideally it needs to have a shoulder strap and be as small as possible whilst accommodating the above.

I’ve seen this Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 5 - that will take the camera and phone but isn’t quite big enough for the other bits.

View attachment 282656

Any suggestions please? What do you use?
Thanks

I've got a Thinktank retrospective 5 in slate blue. I love it, it doesn't look too much like a cambera bag. But just googling for it I saw that they have a v2 now - which removed my favorite colour (slate blue) and also somehow made it uglier.

I don't use it too much anymore though. If I take more than one lens out, I'll just throw them in a regular backpack (Columbia in my case, but just a normal one) with some padding material sweater for example from other camera bags.

If I only take one lens, I've got a Porsche Design shoulder bag (not photo specific), that I quite like and where it fits in.

I've had plenty of photo bags by now, but somehow I realised that most of my equipment is doing just fine in "regular" bags that are often less pricy or come with much better design (e.g. most outdoor brand backpacks for hiking beat any camera rucksack I've tried so far at a lower cost).

Should have done better research before buying this camera.
My ageing Mac isn't able to read the RAW's
I can and will use Fuji X Raw Studio.
For now and until I'm allowed a bit of time at my computer it's jpegs.

How old is your Mac Trev? I have a 2014 MacBook Pro, 2.8GHz i5 with 8GB of RAM, and it "copes" with single files fine, but if I want to merge anything then it takes a few minutes for each one.

How old is your Mac Trev? I have a 2014 MacBook Pro, 2.8GHz i5 with 8GB of RAM, and it "copes" with single files fine, but if I want to merge anything then it takes a few minutes for each one.
mines a 2015-16 i7 and it sounds like a jet engine when lightroom opens raws.

I'm looking at an ipad pro but I can't see how that'll cope better than a macbook pro.

From memory it's 2012 MBP quad core 2,3 i7 with 16GB Ram
SSD Hard Disk. Running Sierra which is the latest it will handle.
Adobe Camera Raw and Capture one require later version in order to open the X-T4 files.

mines a 2015-16 i7 and it sounds like a jet engine when lightroom opens raws.

I'm looking at an ipad pro but I can't see how that'll cope better than a macbook pro.

I've got a 12" Macbook from 2016 (the small ones with no fan...) at the moment. Lightroom is slow and no fun. CaptureOne Fujifilm Express (the free version) is about 100x faster (well that's what it feels like) for all the editing. Exporting still takes a while, but what really got me with lightroom is that the sliders got slower and slower and slower with each update... Plus I don't feel that bad about having turned my back on Adobe to be honest (now even got the c1 full version in the recent sale).

Last edited:
From memory it's 2012 MBP quad core 2,3 i7 with 16GB Ram
SSD Hard Disk. Running Sierra which is the latest it will handle.
Adobe Camera Raw and Capture one require later version in order to open the X-T4 files.

You need to sell some camera gear and invest in a new laptop mate :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back