The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Glad you found it amusing, I am still trying to recover from being outwitted by one I have adored for years. Even my pet fox Eric has acknowledged that a new Meister of cunning is in the building!

But I have to admit that it is a thing of girly beauty and a true precision bit of kit. A simple push of a button sends cotton thread wizzing around a circuit of pipes to thread through all the eyes of the needles automatically. Impressed yes, but still so hurt. :(:(

X-T4 on backburner until...........
Been there, done it (or had it done to me, more like) ... But overlockers are pretty damn cool machines :) Just get a macro on it, and capture some overlocking magic (y)

A much needed trip to the seaside earlier this week. Just needed some sea-air and the sound of sea to cheer me up so drove to New Brighton.

Also my first day using the 16-80. A few people have been asking about this lens. Firstly, I'll say I got it quite cheap (as part of a reduced price XT3 kit.) Also I have the 16-55 as well. My two-penneth though. It's not as sharp as the 16-55 but that's to be expected I guess. It balances really well on the XT3, much better than the 16-55 imho. Great focal length as well - it's sharper than the 16-55 is at 80mm ;). The OIS is excellent. As a walkabout lens for a non-IBIS body it's pretty decent I think. I'll keep mine exactly for that but the 16-55 is the one for 'proper' camera days-out where the extra weight isn't an issue.

A pic. Annoyingly, FlickR has utterly mangled this photo. It's sharp on my screen. Capture One's 'diffraction correction' feature works really well with this lens and the files sharpen nicely.

New Brighton
by Jason, on Flickr

@bl0at3r

Alan. There’s nothing like the leaf shutter.
The X-T4’s super quiet compared to other X-T’s even a bit softer than X-H1

A much needed trip to the seaside earlier this week. Just needed some sea-air and the sound of sea to cheer me up so drove to New Brighton.

Also my first day using the 16-80. A few people have been asking about this lens. Firstly, I'll say I got it quite cheap (as part of a reduced price XT3 kit.) Also I have the 16-55 as well. My two-penneth though. It's not as sharp as the 16-55 but that's to be expected I guess. It balances really well on the XT3, much better than the 16-55 imho. Great focal length as well - it's sharper than the 16-55 is at 80mm ;). The OIS is excellent. As a walkabout lens for a non-IBIS body it's pretty decent I think. I'll keep mine exactly for that but the 16-55 is the one for 'proper' camera days-out where the extra weight isn't an issue.

A pic. Annoyingly, FlickR has utterly mangled this photo. It's sharp on my screen. Capture One's 'diffraction correction' feature works really well with this lens and the files sharpen nicely.

New Brighton
by Jason, on Flickr

Very nice seascape Fujigraph, liking this shot very much.

George.

New Brighton
by Jason, on Flickr

You need to go back in the sunshine!

Perch Rock Lighthouse
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

I've no real interest in nature photography, but we have a hedgehog nesting in our back garden so in the absence of anything else to point my cameras at, I've been photographing her with my D810 and 70-200. But on Tuesday I remembered that I have the Fuji camera remote app on my phone, so earlier this week I experimented with it and my XT-2. It took a lot of trial and error, and even more patience, but I managed to grab a few as she woke up and emerged from the nest. The XT-2 and 18-55 lens really isn't optimal for this but my (slightly) faster lenses are all much wider and probably wouldn't have coped much better, plus I'm a bit wary of using flash at close range on an animal.

DSCF3967.jpg
Peeking out.....

DSCF3995-Edit.jpg
Out and about

Joe

Have you changed the ISO DIAL SETTING (A) to COMMAND in the menu instead of AUTO?

Changing the COMMAND DIAL SETTING only changes the function of the wheel setting dial itself: if you haven't changed the ISO DIAL COMMAND (A) to COMMAND rather than AUTO, the wheel dial will remain in AUTO.
Thanks SsSsSsSsSnake and Patr. I will check this out...

Joe

Have you changed the ISO DIAL SETTING (A) to COMMAND in the menu instead of AUTO?

Changing the COMMAND DIAL SETTING only changes the function of the wheel setting dial itself: if you haven't changed the ISO DIAL COMMAND (A) to COMMAND rather than AUTO, the wheel dial will remain in AUTO.
Checked this out. All set up at it should be. Aperture remains orange on screen. I may try a reset. Nowt to lose.

I've no real interest in nature photography, but we have a hedgehog nesting in our back garden so in the absence of anything else to point my cameras at, I've been photographing her with my D810 and 70-200. But on Tuesday I remembered that I have the Fuji camera remote app on my phone, so earlier this week I experimented with it and my XT-2. It took a lot of trial and error, and even more patience, but I managed to grab a few as she woke up and emerged from the nest. The XT-2 and 18-55 lens really isn't optimal for this but my (slightly) faster lenses are all much wider and probably wouldn't have coped much better, plus I'm a bit wary of using flash at close range on an animal.

View attachment 282574
Peeking out.....

View attachment 282575
Out and about

Lovely photos of a beautiful creature.By the way Andy im trying hard to improve my intelligence but I still cant see your user picture.Ah well I'll keep educating myself and maybe one day .

Lovely photos of a beautiful creature.By the way Andy im trying hard to improve my intelligence but I still cant see your user picture.Ah well I'll keep educating myself and maybe one day .

Thanks! I can’t see my profile picture either - probably for the best[emoji3]

Right, so I’ve now decided I need a man bag to accommodate the X100, my wallet, my bunch of keys and my iPhone.
Ideally it needs to have a shoulder strap and be as small as possible whilst accommodating the above.

I’ve seen this Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 5 - that will take the camera and phone but isn’t quite big enough for the other bits.

641EA429-B9FC-4DFA-B47C-9DE80C1A3B31.jpeg

Any suggestions please? What do you use?
Thanks

Right, so I’ve now decided I need a man bag to accommodate the X100, my wallet, my bunch of keys and my iPhone.
Ideally it needs to have a shoulder strap and be as small as possible whilst accommodating the above.

I’ve seen this Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 5 - that will take the camera and phone but isn’t quite big enough for the other bits.

View attachment 282656

Thanks

Billingham Hadley Pro (black/black) with additional Shoulder Pad, very very comfortable - I often wear it as a crossover bag and walk miles with it (5+ miles not a problem), built to last (I have a friend whose Billingham stitching started fraying after 30 years and Billingham fixed it FOC), its gone up in price a bit since I bought mine! The carrying handle is also a useful feature, you can fold the shoulder strap inside the bag, close it and carry with the handle.

Hadley_Pro_Black_Black_shadow_FibreNyte_505202-01_B_788x.progressive.jpg

https://billingham.co.uk/products/hadley-pro?variant=8866662776875

I know its pricey but it will probably outlast you! Its an investment and a lovely camera like an X100V deserves a good home :)

Last edited:
DSCF4601 1.jpg

Billingham Hadley Digital. This cracking bag is 10 years old, has been to places that it had no right to go to, has survived being thrown out of Her Majesty's perfectly serviceable aircraft (attached to me) on several occasions and has never let a drop of water in.

It is the ideal compromise in size and carrying capacity, has room for an X100V c/w with lens hood and Fujifilm 1/2 case, a pair of Nikon HGL bino's, a wallet, an IPhone and several SD cards and spare batteries, a Peak Design Cuff strap and last, but not least, that essential item that every Gentleman snapper should have ready to deploy in case of an emergency, a Hip Flask containing Bushmills finest.

I rest my case.

But as bags go, its been hit with the 'ugly but functional' stick - I've had one in the past and couldn't get on with it, the advantage of a slightly bigger bag is that you can get a water bottle in easily, and if you happen to buy something like a book or magazine, that can go in as well.

Ugly but functional...you have obviously met me!

'Small but perfectly formed' is how I would have put it, but for carrying the most in the smallest form it does for me. I have a Hadley Digital Pro for larger bodies and sin upon sin, a 335 which carries as much as a Land Rover but errs a tad on the heavy side when loaded.

For my X100V, the little Digital is perfik.

View attachment 282656

Thanks

MM mover 10.

XT-4 has already been discounted to £1399 at Cameraworld, Fujifilm certainly know how to shaft early adopters, even by their standards that sucks.

XT-4 has already been discounted to £1399 at Cameraworld, Fujifilm certainly know how to shaft early adopters, even by their standards that sucks.
That’s why I won’t be buying one, as well as the fact I will wait for the next generation, be that X-H2 or T5.

View attachment 282656

Thanks

The choice is only two bags, Peak Design 5L great bag and water proof or a Billingham small love mine.

Back