The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

For those who've now used the XT4 and XH1, which do you prefer and why? I'm sure the T4 is faster and possibly slightly better IQ, but what else

For those who've now used the XT4 and XH1, which do you prefer and why? I'm sure the T4 is faster and possibly slightly better IQ, but what else

If I`m truthful it is very close call, the T4 is faster and just a bit better on IQ but that`s all I`d say.

If I`m truthful it is very close call, the T4 is faster and just a bit better on IQ but that`s all I`d say.

That was my thinking, if they continue to drop in price I'd be interested but I still love my H1, it's plenty enough for my needs. I love the grip/size/ergos, with the T4 I might feel I'd want the grip also. I've always been more of a slower shooter, never really needed super fast AF. A bump in IQ is always welcome of course, and better IBIS. Would you say the T4 is much better in that respect [IBIS] or just slightly?

Last edited:
That was my thinking, if they continue to drop in price I'd be interested but I still love my H1, it's plenty enough for my needs. I love the grip/size/ergos, with the T4 I might feel I'd want the grip also. I've always been more of a slower shooter, never really needed super fast AF. A bump in IQ is always welcome of course, and better IBIS. Would you say the T4 is much better in that respect [IBIS] or just slightly?

For me it`s another close one on the IBIS, give me a few days and I will test both side by side (y)

The one main thing on the H1 that the T4 comes know where near is the grip. H1 one really is a joy to hold and have in your hands 100%.

Agreed Dave, I think the X-H1 is the finest all round camera I have ever owned. It feels just right, can't explain why but it is a truly lovely bit of kit. Tack on the 90mm and I am hard pressed to think of a better combination. I like my X-T3, I adore my X-H1.

(plus any thoughts of an X-T4 have been kyboshed by my beloved who bought a sewing thingy wotsit with my, sorry our, money).

Agreed Dave, I think the X-H1 is the finest all round camera I have ever owned. It feels just right, can't explain why but it is a truly lovely bit of kit. Tack on the 90mm and I am hard pressed to think of a better combination. I like my X-T3, I adore my X-H1.

(plus any thoughts of an X-T4 have been kyboshed by my beloved who bought a sewing thingy wotsit with my, sorry our, money).
Pretty much sums up my thoughts. I'll look again when the next generation comes out. :)

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. I'll look again when the next generation comes out. :)

Roger to that Rick, I will wait out now on an X-T4 until the prices tumble and the refurb shop starts selling them as they will inevitably do. The only thing that will knock that particular plan is if an X-H2 comes on the radar.

X100V owners - what's your experience of this camera and the following issues that have been discussed?

1 - Over heating/getting warm.

2 - Aperture ring grinding.

I've got one on the way but only just reading about these issues now.

My style of shooting is walking around taking a few photos here and there. When I'm not taking photos I tend to turn the camera off unless I'm waiting for a specific scene such as a person walking into the frame. I don't often do burst photos, won't be using it for video and I live in Scotland where it's not that hot haha - although the temps just now are at a steady 20C during the day which is nice.

Agree on what you say, Can`t explain why as it`s such a joy to use.

X100V owners - what's your experience of this camera and the following issues that have been discussed?

My style of shooting is walking around taking a few photos here and there. When I'm not taking photos I tend to turn the camera off unless I'm waiting for a specific scene such as a person walking into the frame. I don't often do burst photos, won't be using it for video and I live in Scotland where it's not that hot haha - although the temps just now are at a steady 20C during the day which is nice.

No issues at all with my X100V, if/when you get one make sure you get the WR kit too with you being in Scotland (y)

X-H1 is a great camera, very underestimated by many who feel it was a 'flop' - because when it first came out it was too expensive, so Fuji dropped it fast and hence why people thought it was a fail. For anyone who nabbed one for very reasonable prices it was a total success, from what I've seen it's that Fuji camera most are delighted with and find it hard to part with. I threatened to go FF [Sony] many times but after getting the H1 found that decision much tougher, what is FF going to give me over this beast? Better low light and shallower DOF, that's it. And I've gotten to the point where this extreme DOF thing just bores me tbh.

No issues at all with my X100V, if/when you get one make sure you get the WR kit too with you being in Scotland (y)

That's awesome to hear thanks! And are you stereotyping Scotland right now? ;):LOL:

I've looked at the WR. Quite expensive for what it is but whatcha gonna do right?

X-H1 is a great camera, very underestimated by many who feel it was a 'flop' - because when it first came out it was too expensive, so Fuji dropped it fast and hence why people thought it was a fail. For anyone who nabbed one for very reasonable prices it was a total success, from what I've seen it's that Fuji camera most are delighted with and find it hard to part with. I threatened to go FF [Sony] many times but after getting the H1 found that decision much tougher, what is FF going to give me over this beast? Better low light and shallower DOF, that's it. And I've gotten to the point where this extreme DOF thing just bores me tbh.

How I look on the H1 now is the same way I look on the XF90mm, they are both in a class of their own.

No issues with mine at all, it is a sublime camera and the rangefinder equivalent of my X-H1 in as much as it is a joy to use. I think it is the most beautiful camera I have ever owned and as Dave says, prudent to get the weather proofing kit. If you can get the half price Fuji one then its a good buy otherwise a JCC hood and a 49mm filter will do the job at a fraction of the price.

No issues with mine at all, it is a sublime camera and the rangefinder equivalent of my X-H1 in as much as it is a joy to use. I think it is the most beautiful camera I have ever owned and as Dave says, prudent to get the weather proofing kit. If you can get the half price Fuji one then its a good buy otherwise a JCC hood and a 49mm filter will do the job at a fraction of the price.

I didn't realise the JJC hood and filter did the trick as I've already received those. Sounds like I'm sorted then! Thanks for the info :)

I was concerned about this too. I just got mine this week - no issues with either purported problem.

I bought it to take snaps - no interest in the video features, and I believe this is where most of the apparent heat issues lie.

@bumper @Speedy136 and anyone else interested in the 16-80 f4

Quick and dirty examples
These are in camera jpegs, no crop. All at f5.6 which is about as good as it gets according to Dustin Abbot
Clicking through will take you to full size.

1, 16mm
DSCF0048-2.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

2, 22.3mm
DSCF0049-2.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

3, 34.2mm
DSCF0050-2.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

4, 46.6mm
DSCF0051-2.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

5, 80mm
DSCF0052-2.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr
Looks like you got a good copy Trevor. Saying that, the copy I had looked not to bad with no crop, it was when I cropped around 100% that I seemed to lose a lot of the sharpness compared to say the 55-200. Really did like the ois though which was rock solid.

X100 Shoulder Sling bags...

Peak Designs Sling 3L - looks good but not keen on the width of the bottom as it will stick out

Aer Day Sling 2 - looks ideal but don’t appear to be readily available in UK

Last edited:
X100 Shoulder Sling bags (part 2)...

Bellroy Sling Bag - looks good but has an odd magnetic strap that I’d be sceptical of and not keen on the square shape of the bottom

MOMENT Fanny Sling - I really like this one, it is available on Amazon but from US so will take about 10 days to arrive

Decisions, decisions :cautious:

X100 Shoulder Sling bags (part 2)...

Bellroy Sling Bag - looks good but has an odd magnetic strap that I’d be sceptical of and not keen on the square shape of the bottom

MOMENT Fanny Sling - I really like this one, it is available on Amazon but from US so will take about 10 days to arrive

Decisions, decisions :cautious:

@bl0at3r
you may as well buy both, that what always happens eventually.

Buy a bag, think it's great.
Realise after a month that it won't hold x.
Buy another bag to fit x plus your other kit then realise you need to fit y into it too.

repeat until you die........................................

I've just had a bit of a bollocking because my wife saw I bought another bag. I must have 20+

Love mine, zero issues. The only time it got warm was when the screen had been on for maybe an hour plus when i was playing with the menus on the first day.
You can get a cheap weather kit off amazon. Buy the jjc hood, this gives you the adapter ring too, then buy a 49mm filter. The Fuji ones are still on back order.

I love mine so much I'm torn between getting another to use with my converters/weather kit and just keeping one as normal or buying an xt4. That's how much I love it.

@bl0at3r

Buy another bag to fit x plus your other kit then realise you need to fit y into it too.

I've just had a bit of a bollocking because my wife saw I bought another bag. I must have 20+

I used to be like this, but then I found 'less is more' I sold all the bags apart from two, and now use one of those, if the kit doesn't fit - I just take less - less is more - invariably you don't 'need' it all!

@bumper @Speedy136 and anyone else interested in the 16-80 f4

Quick and dirty examples
These are in camera jpegs, no crop. All at f5.6 which is about as good as it gets according to Dustin Abbot
Clicking through will take you to full size.

1, 16mm
DSCF0048-2.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

2, 22.3mm
DSCF0049-2.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

3, 34.2mm
DSCF0050-2.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

4, 46.6mm
DSCF0051-2.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

5, 80mm
DSCF0052-2.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

Thanks for this Trevor.

You've given me a hard choice between getting an xt4 16-80 or another x100v. I'm scaling down size and weight and going to a do it all lens or another v.
I'm just so sick of lugging the weight of a small kid on my back all day.

I'd be very happy with that lens, as no doubt are you. It's a perfect zoom for me and would cover 99% of my shots. I've even gone through my photos checking the mm so I get the right lens. I've got a lot at 200mm but most are 60mm and lower, actually lots are ~35mm.

How are you getting on with the xt4? Loving the ibis? any issues?

I used to be like this, but then I found 'less is more' I sold all the bags apart from two, and now use one of those, if the kit doesn't fit - I just take less - less is more - invariably you don't 'need' it all!
This is now my way of thinking. I think it has to do with age too. 20's carry anything up a mountain-50's have a job getting myself up a mountain, never mind with a heavy bag.

This is what I've loved about the V. Tiny man bag type thing with the camera, possibly a spare battery too. It's been enlightening. This is what's holding me back from getting another ilc, I know I'll end up with half a dozen lenses crammed into a backpack with a humungous tripod. It's been taking the pleasure away from photography.

This is now my way of thinking. I think it has to do with age too. 20's carry anything up a mountain-50's have a job getting myself up a mountain, never mind with a heavy bag.

This is what I've loved about the V. Tiny man bag type thing with the camera, possibly a spare battery too. It's been enlightening. This is what's holding me back from getting another ilc, I know I'll end up with half a dozen lenses crammed into a backpack with a humungous tripod. It's been taking the pleasure away from photography.

When hiking up a mountain, I'll now use a proper rucksack and one of Tenba;s BYOB insert bags, the BYOB7 with comfortably fit X100F, WVL, TCL, with a a couple of filters/batteries, memory cards,cleaning cloth in the pockets. IMO no camera bag comes close to a 'proper rucksack' for comfort. Manbags are fine for urban excursions, but camera backpacks, although good for gear are crap for everything else (including comfort!)

BTW personally I wouldn't rush to get another camera - the X100V with the converters will do most things,, and you have the digital zoom function to get that longer range shot (with compromises of course), but that will give 100mm with the TCL (150mm FF equivalent).

I have an X-H1 and a bucket of lenses as well, but most of the time I'll reach for the X100F

Thanks for this Trevor.

You've given me a hard choice between getting an xt4 16-80 or another x100v. I'm scaling down size and weight and going to a do it all lens or another v.
I'm just so sick of lugging the weight of a small kid on my back all day.

I'd be very happy with that lens, as no doubt are you. It's a perfect zoom for me and would cover 99% of my shots. I've even gone through my photos checking the mm so I get the right lens. I've got a lot at 200mm but most are 60mm and lower, actually lots are ~35mm.

How are you getting on with the xt4? Loving the ibis? any issues?

Still early days to assess the IBIS. Certainly keeps the view steady at 80mm
Great camera, not been used to a walkabout zoom for some time. Gonna have a day with it set to 23mm and see how often I NEED to change the focal length.
I’ve picked up a used 23 f1.4.

Capture one users…

Can anyone advise the equivalent C1 sliders that are the shadows and black sliders in Lightroom?

These are the main 2 sliders I use in LR and I’m experimenting again with C1!

@bl0at3r

There is a scientific formula for this you know.

How many bags do I need? How many you have, plus one...

Or in mathematical terms, where X = the number of current bags.. (X)+1 :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I did a shoot the other day and had 2 bags!! One with 2 bodies & plus one additional lens, the other with two flash units, a wireless trigger & batteries (and a shoulder bag with 2 stands & brollies).

I shot in natural light with the T3 & 35mm. As you say, less is more...

Capture one users…

Can anyone advise the equivalent C1 sliders that are the shadows and black sliders in Lightroom?

These are the main 2 sliders I use in LR and I’m experimenting again with C1!
They’re shadows and black in C1 as well (in the hdr tab) :)

They’re shadows and black in C1 as well (in the hdr tab) :)
Is that on the free version too? I'm not sure as I have the full version.

Back