The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Can you buy those? Couldn't see them on their website. How did they fail?
They just opened up, luckily the first time the camera dropped unto my lap, the second time dropped on the grass and although a bit dirty, it was fine. It must have happened to others as they now have that collar to stop it happening.
Not sure if they are for sale yet, it was at the beginning of this month they said they would send them, I’ve just sent them a message as I’m still awaiting them. Might be worth dropping I message to their customer support, they a very very helpful.

They just opened up, luckily the first time the camera dropped unto my lap, the second time dropped on the grass and although a bit dirty, it was fine. It must have happened to others as they now have that collar to stop it happening.
Not sure if they are for sale yet, it was at the beginning of this month they said they would send them, I’ve just sent them a message as I’m still awaiting them. Might be worth dropping I message to their customer support, they a very very helpful.

That was lucky on both circumstances. I wonder if they would have covered repairs or replacement should it have broken the camera!?

Anyone after a wide conversion lens for the X100?

There's one on eBay at present for £125.00. Rather than link to it here, which I'm not sure is allowed, search

++ WEEK OFFER ONLY ++ Fujifilm Wide Angle Converter WCL-X100 - Black

This is nothing to do with me either, just came across it today!

Hmm... • Some Have Most Likely Been Dropped Because Of Dents On Body But This Doesnt Effect Use Of It

Ebay is on £1 selling fees for 10 days just now if that helps?
Yeah thanks I know just want to avoid the scammers and idiots that think they can use it for a few weeks then open a paypal claim, might have to go that route today though.

Yeah thanks I know just want to avoid the scammers and idiots that think they can use it for a few weeks then open a paypal claim, might have to go that route today though.
tried wex? It's really slow on here lately.

I'm more than happy with them. You don't need to deal with ebay then

Afternoon all,

I was wondering if anyone cycles with their Fujifilm? Most of the beautiful places I visit are by bicycle but unfortunately I've heard horror stories of breaking whilst riding with my current camera (Sony A7Riii), so I'm pondering changing to an XT3 and a light prime.

Whilst the loss of resolution would be a shame I'm thinking of the old saying of best camera is the one you have with you. I'd rather have lots of pictures from happy trips than a few when I go out on foot.

I cycle with cameras a fair bit, what's the issue your having with the Sony? If you crash the camera may/may not be affected regardless of make.

If you want something light go for the X100 series, weather sealed as well if you go for the V.
Shorter (dry weather) cycles I just have my X100S around my neck and shoulder resting in the small of my back and hardly notice it's there. Longer rides it goes in a bag either on me or on the bike and doesn't take up much room.
If I'm riding for riding's sake rather than for photography than an iPhone in my jersey pocket is perfectly fine.

I cycle with cameras a fair bit, what's the issue your having with the Sony? If you crash the camera may/may not be affected regardless of make.

If you want something light go for the X100 series, weather sealed as well if you go for the V.
Shorter (dry weather) cycles I just have my X100S around my neck and shoulder resting in the small of my back and hardly notice it's there. Longer rides it goes in a bag either on me or on the bike and doesn't take up much room.
If I'm riding for riding's sake rather than for photography than an iPhone in my jersey pocket is perfectly fine.

It's probably because an A7RIII costs £2.5k and if you're spending that cash on a body you'll likely be dropping big cash on lenses. I'd rather break £1k than £4k.

Im taking my XT3 out for its first run tomorrow to the WWT at Barnes. I plan on shooting outside, Im not expecting any action shots as I can't focus fast enough! I will have an adapted SMC 30mm 2.8 on the XT3 for a 'normal' 40mm FOV and an adapted SMC 135mm 2,5 on my a7r2 as it isn't a FL that I get on with. Im determined this year to get faster with vintage primes which is why I bought the XT3 in the first place, the EVF is miles ahead of my a6000.
I might try the 135mm on the XT3 which will involve good techniques as the magnification will make everything move around alot. To avoid shutter shock would I be better off with all electronic shutter or ECFS, I haven't really tried either before. If Im outside in cloudy weather I guess it doesn't matter that much?

It's probably because an A7RIII costs £2.5k and if you're spending that cash on a body you'll likely be dropping big cash on lenses. I'd rather break £1k than £4k.

This is why I have APSC, I bought my a7r2 new and it only comes out when I know Im going out for photo's otherwise I use it for Studio type macro and abstract stuff indoors.
The XT3 is a nice size for a walkaround and the EVF is such an upgrade for me

Martin, glad I've saved your camera!! You can see clearly on the first picture, the little metal insert in the eyelet, these don't appear to sit flush with both sides of the eyelet, and that seems to be what causes the issue.
I have no idea how you managed to get your strap like that, the only way I can think of is that you cut the leather slightly to enable you to get the fixing through.
Fixed it slightly differently but is on there tight..

I have no idea how you managed to get your strap like that, the only way I can think of is that you cut the leather slightly to enable you to get the fixing through.
Fixed it slightly differently but is on there tight..

No cutting involved, I copied it from someone else, it was a bit of a head scratcher though. Hint, you need to put it through the Fujifilm pads, and then form the loop on the end of the anchor, then thread the loop through the split ring. like you would a key.....simples.....

Just a simple Macro/Close Up type Fujigraph taken in my home studio of part of an Apple, using a 105mm Macro Lens with three Studio Flash heads, each with a largish Soft Box fitted and against a Black Paper backdrop.

X-H1, 105mm Micro Nikkor (D) Lens, 1/125th @ F11, ISO-200, Multi Studio Flash.
Apple-03425 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
That is a beautifully sharp lens!

I can certainly confirm that, top seller and highly recommended. I'd buy the XP3 myself if I knew the firmware would be updated to improve it more in line with the T4. You won't go wrong with buying this from Dave if that's the camera you are after. (y)

Thank you for the nice words Rick, it was sold to a good home today.

Thank you for the nice words Rick, it was sold to a good home today.
That's great news, I took the XP2 out last weekend and loved playing with it, I read a really interesting review on the XP3 v the XP2, and to be honest I think the XP2 probably suits me better. OI'm going to take my next leap when (if) the XH2 comes out or the XT5.

Got a lot of these odd looking things growing in the garden at the moment. They`re a bitch to shoot, so I took this one inside. Flash in softbox holder thing, and rotolight off to the other side for some fill.

H1 80mm f22 iso400

Stranger Things by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Got a lot of these odd looking things growing in the garden at the moment. They`re a bitch to shoot, so I took this one inside. Flash in softbox holder thing, and rotolight off to the other side for some fill.

H1 80mm f22 iso400

Nicely shot. Works well against the black. But............... what the heck is it?

Nicely shot. Works well against the black. But............... what the heck is it?

Haha thanks, Alan (y)
I just spent 10 minutes on google, and the closest thing I could find is; Allium vineale 'Dready'... The "Dready" is for the dreadlocks, apparently lol

Just had an email from photobox ... They`re doing face masks haha just upload your own pic, which I think is a pretty cool idea :)

H1 80mm f22 iso400

Very nice close up style Fujigraph, nicely composed with some fine detail &colour.

“For me personally Paul the lighting is just a tad too contrasty as there are burnt out highlights and very deep shadows, but of course I do realize that might just be the effect you were after. Still a very nice shot though that I like very much”

George.

Last edited:
Very nice close up style Fujigraph, nicely composed with some fine detail &colour.

“For me personally Paul the lighting is just a tad too contrasty as there are burnt out highlights and very deep shadows, but of course I do realize that might just be the effect you were after. Still a very nice shot though that I like very much”

George.

Thanks, George
Any feedback is always appreciated (y)

Some great customer service from Fuji this morning. I asked whether i could upgrade the delivery to next day on my x100f as they only quote 2-3 days delivery on the refurbished shop as the only option. I sent the email at 0713 and received a reply back at 0753 stating they will deliver tomorrow at no extra charge. Very impressed with their customer service.

I finally caved and bought an X100f from their refurb store this morning, and then I remembered your post. I sent them an email asking if I could pay extra for Saturday delivery and they replied back in about 2 hours with a DPD tracking number. Amazing service :D

Ok, maybe 30mm was the wrong FL as even with the crop it was nowhere near tight enough. Having said that, the ergonomics of the Fuji were really good though switching between Xt3 and a7r2 was confusing, I will put some time into trying to set them up in a similar fashion, at least for manual focus.
I was getting an annoying red flashing error in the top left of the screen that I have no idea about - time to read the manual, and I stupidly forgot in my excitement to turn on RAW file format...

50022607781_437c2cb8b4_b.jpg

Im happy with the way I nailed focus on this little fellow below though - he has no fear...

50022598816_023ebbeb81_b.jpg

I finally caved and bought an X100f from their refurb store this morning, and then I remembered your post. I sent them an email asking if I could pay extra for Saturday delivery and they replied back in about 2 hours with a DPD tracking number. Amazing service :D

That's a positive "Result" in my book Carl, Congrat's & "ENJOY".

George.

16-55 update ... The Classic Camera shop totally ballsed up my order, so in the process of getting a refund. But in the mean time, the refurb store had stock, so emailed to see if they could deliver tomorrow, and they pulled it out of the bag :) Worth the little extra for peace of mind, but what fantastic service. Well done Fujifilm (y)

16-55 update ... The Classic Camera shop totally ballsed up my order, so in the process of getting a refund. But in the mean time, the refurb store had stock, so emailed to see if they could deliver tomorrow, and they pulled it out of the bag :) Worth the little extra for peace of mind, but what fantastic service. Well done Fujifilm (y)
That's a fantastic lens but it's a bit of a brick :cool:

That's a fantastic lens but it's a bit of a brick :cool:

Yeah but I`ve always fancied pairing it with my H1 :) One body, one lens ....

Back