The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Great skies there Steve.

:D:LOL:

One body (XT3) two lenses (18-55, 55-200), most of the time I'm just out with the 55-200.
If I got another body, I'd probably put the 18-55 on it and keep it in the car for opportunities. Assuming lockdown ever finishes.

This is what I have been thinking of doing. I recently bought a 18-55 f2.8-4.0 on here for use with my X-T1 when I want to travel light and/or do snapshots. I'm now thinking about permanently mounting the 18-55 on the X-T1 and doing the same with my 55-200 on the X-H1.

There are other considerations, mainly concerning my 16-55 f2.8 and the, I believe remote, possibility that the posting on a certain Fuji rumour site is accurate and Fuji will produce a 70-300 zoom later this year.

I love my V. Love using it, love carrying it, love shooting with it. Hell, I've even shot a few jpegs!

Thing is, I was out walking the pup in the woods this morning ( this is where the v excels for me, can walk the dog and take photos) and came across a couple with cameras. One had an xt1 the other had an xt4, the xt1 was a hand me down to his wife(clever chap). Had a long chat, I had my V so we had a good old natter. Got to say the xt4 looks fantastic and has lots of new goodies. I'm still drawn to it but feel dirty cheating on the V:sneaky:

This is what I have been thinking of doing. I recently bought a 18-55 f2.8-4.0 on here for use with my X-T1 when I want to travel light and/or do snapshots. I'm now thinking about permanently mounting the 18-55 on the X-T1 and doing the same with my 55-200 on the X-H1.

There are other considerations, mainly concerning my 16-55 f2.8 and the, I believe remote, possibility that the posting on a certain Fuji rumour site is accurate and Fuji will produce a 70-300 zoom later this year.
I just about get away with the 55-200 on the XT3 going out with no bag, it round my neck, and zipping it inside my fleece if it rains or I'm negotiating some scrambling where you wouldn't want it swinging about.
I'd be loathe to relinquish this freedom, even for a bigger reaching lens!

The 18-55mm & 55-200mm and one body form a very usable system, they are both excellent lenses and in most cases would easily be enough for what most people need. Add a 10-24mm to that and you have one hell of a good and versatile system.

George.

@rick448
Rick any idea where that "Osprey" is based ? I thought I might hightail it there and see if I can't pull a few strings and maybe blag me ride. :):):)

George.

@rick448
Rick any idea where that "Osprey" is based ? I thought I might hightail it there and see if I can't pull a few strings and maybe blag me ride. :):):)

George.

Not sure, I'll try and find out and let you know.

I just about get away with the 55-200 on the XT3 going out with no bag, it round my neck, and zipping it inside my fleece if it rains or I'm negotiating some scrambling where you wouldn't want it swinging about.
I'd be loathe to relinquish this freedom, even for a bigger reaching lens!

I’ve been pondering a 55-200, I haven’t shot those kind of lengths much so a bit reluctant to jump in with one.

My Fujifilm GAS is really bad at present, so nothing is ever off the table! :ROFLMAO:

I have been going though the manual for my XT3 when it occurred to me that it is a bit of a waste of time. Im only really looking to use my adapted Pentax glass with this camera, I bought it purely for the EVF which Im loving and the film modes. The dials on top give so much freedom from the menus which Im finding I really like.
I always used to shoot in aperture priority mode, I'm still setting that dial to auto mainly, but I'm trying to move to fully manual as a learning process.

I have set RAW + Fine
Im using the rear dial for zoom assist, Im finding that less than intuitive, move focus with the joystick if needed which is fine. It might just be that I have spent so long shooting Sony I just need to adjust.

Is there a way to set a button to press where I can instantly zoom in to the maximum focus magnify setting for MF assist? Obviously I'm thinking of the AF-L button here..

Any other menu items that I might be missing for just shooting with adapted lenses - I realise that might be an open ended question.

I've yet to try the Fuji desktop app, I was in the wrong USB transfer settings will look again as I was in a hurry..

Going to spend a pleasant evening on ebay looking for old wide (12-24mm) MF glass now :) I want to try some focal lengths that Im not comfortable using as a personal challenge.

Last edited:
I don’t know what it is about the Hawks, they just always look drop dead gorgeous to me and I’m sure it’s not just the Red Arrows connotations :)
I agree, we get the Red's over most weeks and they look superb. :)

Is there a way to set a button to press where I can instantly zoom in to the maximum focus magnify setting for MF assist? Obviously I'm thinking of the AF-L button here..

As standard, just press in the rear command dial (as a button)

The other thing I have set up on all my X-T bodies is the front function button by the hand grip switches on the shot timer option (off, 10 secs, 2 secs) as I find that really useful when using a tripod.

Just pondering here, anyone used the XC 15-45 on an X-H1? or the XC 16-50? if you used both, which do you prefer? [Looking at reviews the little 15-45 actually looks better, like the close focusing and compact size] I'm just considering a casual walk about, general purpose lens, haven't had a cheap mid range zoom in years. But, knowing me I will still end up with a prime :D

Last edited:
Just pondering here, anyone used the XC 15-45 on an X-H1? or the XC 16-50? if you used both, which do you prefer? [Looking at reviews the little 15-45 actually looks better, like the close focusing and compact size] I'm just considering a casual walk about, general purpose lens, haven't had a cheap mid range zoom in years. But, knowing me I will still end up with a prime :D

The 15-45 is alright, but I still think you're better off spending a bit more and getting a decent 2nd hand 18-55 f2.8-4. It's considerably better in my opinion.

The 15-45 is alright, but I still think you're better off spending a bit more and getting a decent 2nd hand 18-55 f2.8-4. It's considerably better in my opinion.

I really only want a lens like this for casual snap shots tbh, looking at some cheap options for both used. Yes the 18-55 is more attractive but I tend to use primes mostly so pairing one of those cheaper options with a decent prime is more my thing

My refurbished Fuji X100F arrived today in excellent condition as ever from Fuji. I have also ordered the Professional set of filters from Nisi. I have included a few pictures soyou get the idea of size and fit. It took me by suprise how small the actual kit was it looks like something a borrower would use :)

cV3K8Eb.jpg

LNf7Pxk.jpg

rMkAGGl.jpg

0LspGvQ.jpg

9uetp1J.jpg

SCezjb2.jpg
Just for laughs look Up Mathias Burling's video where he tests that filter system and the Q flash for his Ricoh GRIII, it's hilarious.

Hello All,
I am struggling to decide between these 3 lenses to be used for close up shots ( I collect old coins and would like to keep the images of some). XF16/2.8 XF23/2.0 XF35/2.0 The 16/2.8 has a close focus distance of 7", this would be an ideal distance for using with a table top tripod, the other lenses close focus distances of 8.4" and 13.2" would still be doable. I would of course like to use the lens for other general use. I have a 18 - 55 2.8/4 which is a great lens, I have tried using that and cropping the image but dont think its quite right. Am I right in thinking that the XF16/2.8 does not get much love on here? Many thanks in advance.
I find the 18-55 works well with extension tubes.

I really only want a lens like this for casual snap shots tbh, looking at some cheap options for both used. Yes the 18-55 is more attractive but I tend to use primes mostly so pairing one of those cheaper options with a decent prime is more my thing

At the end of the day, a used 18-55 isn't expensive, and it's far better optically. My son has a T1 & my 18-55 (he "borrowed" it about 18 months ago) and it makes for a nice lightweight package.

I'm going to look at an xt4 today :snaphappy:

I look at them all the time, I just make sure my Mrs has my wallet!!

On a serious note, you do have to consider that it's "half" a new system.... I have around 12 batteries for my 3 bodies, 2 grips (one T2, one T3) and of course chargers. If you are already invested in the X-T (or X-H) system, it's a big and costly step up.

On a serious note, you do have to consider that it's "half" a new system.... I have around 12 batteries for my 3 bodies, 2 grips (one T2, one T3) and of course chargers. If you are already invested in the X-T (or X-H) system, it's a big and costly step up.

Got the cash from selling all of my canon kit. I'd like to invest it back in to gear.

If I don't it'll vanish on other household stuff. Most know what I'm saying if they're married etc..;)

I think that is a very good point. My view is that I enjoy all of the bodies I have already, and to be honest they are all much better at taking pictures than i am. The only thing I would like would be better AF, but even then it is for a minute amount of scenarios. The T3 is really good for tracking, and from what I have seen the T4 isn't a million miles better, and there seems to be the possibility of a firmware update to allow the T3 to have the same functionality.

I have IBIS with the H1 and I find that great for those pictures that IBIS helps, i.e. static shots. I love the XP1 & 2 and have used had the X100T and F but much prefer the XP# and a prime or small zoom for walkabouts.

Now, if they come up with an X-H2 I'm likely to take a look, and maybe when the X-T5 comes out it may tempt me.

Got the cash from selling all of my canon kit. I'd like to invest it back in to gear.

If I don't it'll vanish on other household stuff. Most know what I'm saying if they're married etc..;)

Oh I know mate, I know.... I was looking to sell one of my T2 bodies and the 60mm to put towards a 16 f1.4, but the Mrs seems to have earmarked the money, so i'm not in a rush to sell...

Back