The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Cheers guys i might have a look at them on amazon.
:banana:

Good morning, is it possible to recover a deleted raw file ( by mistake) at all?
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks

Was it deleted on the SD card?
You could try a recovery program such as RECUVA (free program) it might be successful if the file hasn't been overwritten.

Yes, it was on SD card.
Thanks for that, much appreciated, will give it a whirl later, pic may not even be worth recovering but it was the only one of a bunch where my dog was actually still.
Cheers

Well I'm new to the thread, I've been a Nikon user for the last fourteen years but switched from a Nikon D810 to a Fuji XT-3 last month and so am very impressed.
Not missing the weight and loving the accuracy of the electronic viewfinder, seeing the actual lighting in the image is a game changer. First images from the first day attached, I've not had many chances since but now lockdown is easing hopefully some more portrait and landscape work to follow. These are taken on the 16-80 F4 but I'm itching to try out my new 10-24mm if only it will stop raining!

EJ Images-.jpgEJ Images-0161.jpgEJ Images-0560.jpgEJ Images-1268.jpg

Do you get a notification when an image is 'explored?'

No mate. Just all of a sudden it takes off with favs, and you get a couple of congrats on Explore etc, so it's pretty obvious in that respect ;)

Whilst the majority of stuff on "Explore" is really good, and inspirational, there is a few "so what" images in my opinion. One that I remember was clearly a "snap" of an electric train, which looked like it was taken by a train spotter.

Obviously we have a couple of very well deserved members from "Team Fuji" whose images to carry merit.....

Flickr has always been funny like that, I've seen images with 500+ favs that had me scratching my head, made me honestly think they must be using bots or something - and other images that amazed me but had zero likes [I always leave one for them in that case]

Well I'm new to the thread, I've been a Nikon user for the last fourteen years but switched from a Nikon D810 to a Fuji XT-3 last month and so am very impressed.
Not missing the weight and loving the accuracy of the electronic viewfinder, seeing the actual lighting in the image is a game changer. First images from the first day attached, I've not had many chances since but now lockdown is easing hopefully some more portrait and landscape work to follow. These are taken on the 16-80 F4 but I'm itching to try out my new 10-24mm if only it will stop raining!

View attachment 285918View attachment 285919View attachment 285920View attachment 285921

Four very nice landscape/seascape style Fujigraphs, liking all of these very much.

"Welcome to the MAD HOUSE" :):)

George.

Flickr has always been funny like that, I've seen images with 500+ favs that had me scratching my head, made me honestly think they must be using bots or something - and other images that amazed me but had zero likes [I always leave one for them in that case]
Agreed. Many in explore seem to be things like trains and buses. Very odd.

Agreed. Many in explore seem to be things like trains and buses. Very odd.

There was also a period where some users were abusing the favorite system, it could have been with some kind of bot software - they would like/fav hundreds of images randomly, if they only got a small percentage of return favs on their images it would push them up and explore would catch on. I remember getting favs on dozens of my images at once and when I checked the profiles they would all have 100's of favs on their images, they weren't on my contact list and you could see they had liked hundreds of images that day alone

Explore was once also full of images of nails, finger nails! close ups and often hands holding blackberry phones [when they were hot] a lot of them were Asian, and would have 1000's of followers

Last edited:
I could do better if I had a Curry then squatted over some paper and took the shot is what I think of some of them.

Mate, that would be in the Tate Modern, not explore ;)

But I do agree. There are some great images that deserve to be seen by the masses, and some shocking ones too. At least the school buses seem to have gone ...

I`m still surprised mine made it :eek:

Mate, that would be in the Tate Modern, not explore ;)

But I do agree. There are some great images that deserve to be seen by the masses, and some shocking ones too. At least the school buses seem to have gone ...

I`m still surprised mine made it :eek:

I'm pretty sure all the snaps that make Explore are chosen purely at random by some sort of automated system or other. I've had quite a few in there over the years with some of them leaving me scratching my head just wondering how on earth they managed it, and some that I've thought are reasonably worthy of being included.

However there's no accounting for personal taste though, ie what pleases one person is just a load of garbage to another.

George.

View attachment 285918View attachment 285919View attachment 285920View attachment 285921

Welcome - fantastic first shots :)

Back