The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Well I'm new to the thread, I've been a Nikon user for the last fourteen years but switched from a Nikon D810 to a Fuji XT-3 last month and so am very impressed.
Not missing the weight and loving the accuracy of the electronic viewfinder, seeing the actual lighting in the image is a game changer. First images from the first day attached, I've not had many chances since but now lockdown is easing hopefully some more portrait and landscape work to follow. These are taken on the 16-80 F4 but I'm itching to try out my new 10-24mm if only it will stop raining!

View attachment 285918View attachment 285919View attachment 285920View attachment 285921
That's a cracking set. Welcome to the thread [emoji4]

Thanks. That may well be fine for me too. Ill get googling :)
I have X-T3 with 16-80 attached, 50-140, 10-24 and 35mm in the 10L and there's still plenty of space for other stuff in the outer pocket and the small pockets inside the top. Totaly recommend it.

Hello, nice thread read here!!

Has anyone got experience with a three legged thing tripod Travis or Billy using it with an XT-3 either 55-200 or 50-140 on it?

I currently have a Manfrotto 055XPROB with 804RC2 head, but am wanting something a bit more transportable. In the past I used the Manfrotto for interior & exterior architecture, but now my job requires I take civil engineering photo's, and I am normally restricted on site with what I carry and due to time restrictions, how quickly I can set up and take down my tripod. As I am a bit on the short side in height, lol, I find that if I put the legs out full on the manfrotto (I like to do this for speed, but I realise its not ideal being fully extended) it's too high for me.

So, im really wanting to know how stable it would be with a lens like the 50-140, as I would expect that would be the heaviest rig I would have.

Thank you fello fuji's

MEIKE MK-F-AF3 Auto Fucus Macro Extension Tubes
Just arrived today,now to try & get my head around them,never used them before.
Am i better playing around with just one of them at a time. :)

Using with what lens? The wider the lens the more magnification you'll get but the close focus distance can get ridiculous. I found they work best with something like a 35mm, and using the 16mm ring alone will get you some really nice in close shots, you can stack both but the front element will be mere mm away from the subject, so depends what you're shooting too. if it's say live bugs then I'd go with the 16mm ring, you can afford to crop in a bit in post

Using with what lens? The wider the lens the more magnification you'll get but the close focus distance can get ridiculous. I found they work best with something like a 35mm, and using the 16mm ring alone will get you some really nice in close shots, you can stack both but the front element will be mere mm away from the subject, so depends what you're shooting too. if it's say live bugs then I'd go with the 16mm ring, you can afford to crop in a bit in post
Well i thought i would just like to try them instead of buying a macro just now.
Will give it a try with the 18mm-55mm kit lens to see how it goes & take it from there.:)

Well i thought i would just like to try them instead of buying a macro just now.
Will give it a try with the 18mm-55mm kit lens to see how it goes & take it from there.:)

The 18-55 is a nice one to try, you can check different FL, see what works best for you :) have fun (y)

Hello, nice thread read here!!

Has anyone got experience with a three legged thing tripod Travis or Billy using it with an XT-3 either 55-200 or 50-140 on it?

I currently have a Manfrotto 055XPROB with 804RC2 head, but am wanting something a bit more transportable. In the past I used the Manfrotto for interior & exterior architecture, but now my job requires I take civil engineering photo's, and I am normally restricted on site with what I carry and due to time restrictions, how quickly I can set up and take down my tripod. As I am a bit on the short side in height, lol, I find that if I put the legs out full on the manfrotto (I like to do this for speed, but I realise its not ideal being fully extended) it's too high for me.

So, im really wanting to know how stable it would be with a lens like the 50-140, as I would expect that would be the heaviest rig I would have.

Thank you fello fuji's

I've used my little Gitzo tTraveller with a T2/T3 and the 50-140 without any problems. You can't get much lighter than a traveller....

The fungi image above was with both of mine stacked, using the 90mm f2. I prefer to use a prime lens, but I've used them with the 50-140 without a problem, other than that particular lens has got a long close focus distance, which doesn't help.

Thanks. 50=140 plus 1,4x TC, no it was Humberside.
I was looking at the 1.4x tc or the 2x but looking at these the 4x looks very good. :)

The fungi image above was with both of mine stacked, using the 90mm f2. I prefer to use a prime lens, but I've used them with the 50-140 without a problem, other than that particular lens has got a long close focus distance, which doesn't help.
Cheers Steve that looks really good.:)

1.4x tc or the 2x what would you guys recommend,is one sharper than the other? :)

1.4x tc or the 2x what would you guys recommend,is one sharper than the other? :)
I've not tired the 2x but the 1.4 is very sharp, and only 1 stop loss of light, I have heard the 2x reduces the IQ a fair bit.

Cheers for that Rick.

I've used my little Gitzo tTraveller with a T2/T3 and the 50-140 without any problems. You can't get much lighter than a traveller....
Thanks Jelster, so it seems a lighter weight smaller Tripod will do the trick, Thanks :) Them Gitzo's looks nice but expensive, might give the 3 legged thing a go, as my local camera store stocks them.

Depends what you're trying to achieve I guess. I run the 1.4 on my 100-400 a lot of the time for birds, even then it's f8, so a 2x will be even worse. That said, in good light it may be OK. On the 50-140 you may get away with a 2x because that lens is so sharp anyway, but I'd have no issues recommending the 1.4.

Thanks Jelster, so it seems a lighter weight smaller Tripod will do the trick, Thanks :) Them Gitzo's looks nice but expensive, might give the 3 legged thing a go, as my local camera store stocks them.

I was lucky, I bought a used one on here for just £250, with the ball head; couldn't believe my luck!

Depends what you're trying to achieve I guess. I run the 1.4 on my 100-400 a lot of the time for birds, even then it's f8, so a 2x will be even worse. That said, in good light it may be OK. On the 50-140 you may get away with a 2x because that lens is so sharp anyway, but I'd have no issues recommending the 1.4.
Thanks Steve,it will probably be the 1.4 then. :)

Thanks Steve,it will probably be the 1.4 then. :)

The 1.4x came as a bundle with my 100-400mm and I must admit that whilst the IQ does soften a bit at 400, it is still very acceptable for the extra reach. When I bought the 50-140mm I was amazed at just how good the !.4x was at all focal lengths.

A 2x came up on EBay last month, as new, so I offered a buy it now price and £170 was accepted. It is superb on the 50-140mm and again, up to about 300mm on the 100-400mm.

Twixt the two the 1.4x is the much sweeter but the extra reach on the 2x does come in handy.

I did a bit of research before keeping an eye out for a 2x and found this article to be very useful:

Spent a couple hours at my local beauty spot this morning.
Took the T4 with 23 f1.4 and X100 with the X70 WCL

Purchased by the present owner new in 1961 from Comerfords in Thames Ditton.
BSA DBD32 350cc Gold Star.
The owner wanted me to be sure to include his crash helmet also bought in 1961
DBD32 1961.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

A huge fearsome looking guy on his HOG. He was really affable and talkative, must ask his name..
Biker.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

Just another Harley.
DSCF0453-Edit.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

Triumph 350cc Tiger 90
DSCF0431-Edit.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

From the X100 & X70 WCL
This is for Alan @bloater
DSCF8628-Edit-Edit.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

Takes me back to my yoof..
although I wouldn't have been seen dead riding a bike in standard trim.
DSCF0486-Edit.jpg by Trevor, on Flickr

The 1.4x came as a bundle with my 100-400mm and I must admit that whilst the IQ does soften a bit at 400, it is still very acceptable for the extra reach. When I bought the 50-140mm I was amazed at just how good the !.4x was at all focal lengths.

A 2x came up on EBay last month, as new, so I offered a buy it now price and £170 was accepted. It is superb on the 50-140mm and again, up to about 300mm on the 100-400mm.

Twixt the two the 1.4x is the much sweeter but the extra reach on the 2x does come in handy.

I did a bit of research before keeping an eye out for a 2x and found this article to be very useful:

Cheers for that ,it was a very interesting read,thank you. :)

Torn between the 2 of them now.:runaway::LOL:

Back