The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Maybe. There are 5 more in the pack, I might try one of those.

Not sure if it`ll fit, but you could try doubling them up.

Yeah, I did think of that but it doesn't look like there'd be much left to screw in.

Squish `em down and give it a twist ;)

First time out in what feels like weeks.

Redcar Dawn by Simon Harrison, on Flickr

X-T3 + 16-55mm kit lens

Cheers,

Simon.

"Excellent" landscape/seascape Fujigraph Simon, I don't normally care much for milky water shots but this one works very well for me.

George.

Last edited:
"Excellent" landscape/seascape Fujigraph Simon, I don't normally care much for milky water shots but this one works very well for me.

George.

Thanks George :). Yeah, the impact on the water of the long exposure isn't to everyone's taste, but I thought it suited what I was trying convey with this image.

Cheers,

Simon

I discovered that the Xt3 has some kind of crop mode last week. I was stood on the shores of Wastwater, begging for some light on the fells, (I didn’t get any), when I noticed that my images’ framing looked off. Seems I’d bumped the touchscreen with my nose and activated this ‘feature’ by mistake. Could I figure out what I’d done or, more importantly how to undo what I’d done.? No chance. No phone signal by the lake either so I couldn’t Google it. Stupid ******* touchscreen is off and will stay off. It’s called ’sports finder’ mode or something like that, apparently. My Xt3 manual now lives in the bag with the camera. Lesson learnt. Maybe. :p

That second one is a bit special. Great mood (y)

Cheers mate, I have always wanted an image like the second so it was worth the effort to get up and go that morning.

Two very nice landscape style Fujigraphs Stuart, liking both of these very much with #2 being my fav'.

George.

Cheers George, its my favourite too, mist changes a scene so much!
Very well spent 15 minutes.

I agree!
Love the mood on the second shot, amazing how mist can change a picture so much

Definitely.......I'ver seen this scene/composition so many times and always said I would do it one year, so I am glad i managed to bag it.
Very nice. The first is the pick of the two for me. It’s that little hint of Autumn colour that does it.

Yeah just on the cusp of Autumn, a revisit in a few weeks time I reckon would render some gorgeous autumnal colours

Morning Fuji shooters! I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on a 35mm f/1.4, for some reason though I keep looking at the f/2 as well. Convince me the 1.4 is the one to go for!

Morning Fuji shooters! I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on a 35mm f/1.4, for some reason though I keep looking at the f/2 as well. Convince me the 1.4 is the one to go for!

The F2 is not as optically good but has faster AF, and it does offer WR, it all depends what your priorities are...................

The F2 is not as optically good but has faster AF, and it does offer WR, it all depends what your priorities are...................
I shoot on an X-Pro1 and an X-T20, so weather sealing has no benefit to me, the faster focusing of the f/2 would be good (especially with the slower focusing of the X-Pro1), but the look of the f/1.4 images have a little something that I feel the f/2 lacks. I'm so torn. I still think I'll go with the 1.4 but it's a touch choice.

I shoot on an X-Pro1 and an X-T20, so weather sealing has no benefit to me, the faster focusing of the f/2 would be good (especially with the slower focusing of the X-Pro1), but the look of the f/1.4 images have a little something that I feel the f/2 lacks. I'm so torn. I still think I'll go with the 1.4 but it's a touch choice.

Just get both ;)

I discovered that the Xt3 has some kind of crop mode last week. I was stood on the shores of Wastwater, begging for some light on the fells, (I didn’t get any), when I noticed that my images’ framing looked off. Seems I’d bumped the touchscreen with my nose and activated this ‘feature’ by mistake. Could I figure out what I’d done or, more importantly how to undo what I’d done.? No chance. No phone signal by the lake either so I couldn’t Google it. Stupid ******* touchscreen is off and will stay off. It’s called ’sports finder’ mode or something like that, apparently. My Xt3 manual now lives in the bag with the camera. Lesson learnt. Maybe. :p
It's a pain in the backside and I have fallen fault to it many times! I've taken it off the touchscreen setting now, and see on YouTube that many others have as well

Welcome Autumn! I see this castle almost every day and appreciate the photos people put up on the iconic landmark, but for the first time in at least 5 years I thought I should really climb that hill...
Pleased I did, and nice meeting other photographers up there too. In anticipation of others being there, I decided to leave the dog at home (which was difficult) but she was ready for that walk when I got home!
X-T3 + 16-80 and 55-200
Corfe Castle sunrise by Donna White, on Flickr

Or buy the Zeiss 32mm that I will be putting in the classifieds in the next day or so!!!
I did have a look at the Viltrox lenses too which seem pretty decent for the price, but I can't get over the look of the lens, they look pretty cheap in my opinion. The Zeiss lens looks good, probably be up for more than I'm really wanting to pay though tbh.

I did have a look at the Viltrox lenses too which seem pretty decent for the price, but I can't get over the look of the lens, they look pretty cheap in my opinion. The Zeiss lens looks good, probably be up for more than I'm really wanting to pay though tbh.

Be around the £300 mark??? - I'll really busy with work today, but hopefully get it in the classifieds today/tomorrow. Let me know if you are interested and I'll tag you in the post.

Be around the £300 mark??? - I'll really busy with work today, but hopefully get it in the classifieds today/tomorrow. Let me know if you are interested and I'll tag you in the post.
Ok I may be interested at that price. If you could let me know when it's up, I'll check it out. Thank you.

Welcome Autumn! I see this castle almost every day and appreciate the photos people put up on the iconic landmark, but for the first time in at least 5 years I thought I should really climb that hill...
Pleased I did, and nice meeting other photographers up there too. In anticipation of others being there, I decided to leave the dog at home (which was difficult) but she was ready for that walk when I got home!
X-T3 + 16-80 and 55-200

I bet the misty conditions meant it was chocca up there.

Great set Donna. Like them all but the first is simply lovely. It captures a cool misty morning so well.

I bet the misty conditions meant it was chocca up there.

Great set Donna. Like them all but the first is simply lovely. It captures a cool misty morning so well.

Surprisingly it wasn’t too bad, I only saw 4 others (although heard some others further down the other track).
Thanks for your comments.

X-T3 + 16-80 and 55-200

Stunning stuff Donna, I keep meaning to get down to Corfe. Where did you shoot it from? (this months club challenge is ruins....)

X-T3 + 16-80 and 55-200
Gorgeous set Donna, the pastel colours in the first two are just sublime!

Back