The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Fishing boats on the beach at Beer, East Devon. X-Pro2; XF 16-55 @16mm; ISO 100; f11; 30' exposure

Very nice Fujigraph Jim, nicely composed with a good sky and mono presentation.

George.

a) I need more schekels in the piggy bank - you could obviously help here bu buying some (all) of the lens I have for sale :ROFLMAO:
b) They are currently on back order

So in answer to your question, I don't know when, might be this year, might be next!! Just bought a scanner so I can scan those lovely GSW690III negs myself.

Nce one here.

Nowt to do with me, I’m happy with my M10-P:cool:

Nce one here.

Nowt to do with me, I’m happy with my M10-P:cool:

Still need a) I need more schekels in the piggy bank !!!! - but thanks anyway

Sensor dust on an X100?

My sister has an X100T and she messaged me because she's seeing a spot on her photos/videos. I asked her to send me examples which she has and I've posted them below (it's a lot more obvious on the video). Has anyone else experienced this? What did you do about it?

View attachment 292661

A quck update. She's decided to sell it on as it no longer meets her requirements anyway. I've put a post up in Price Checks if anyone here would like to give their opinion.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of a couple of young ladies enjoying a Relaxing Chat.

X-H1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/250th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Relaxing Chat-03463 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
Not only does it show those that can do social distancing properly but I would love to know what they are chatting about!

Nice shot George

Not only does it show those that can do social distancing properly but I would love to know what they are chatting about!

Nice shot George

Thank you kindly Stuart, I sure do appreciate your reply.

George.

Yesterday I did some paid product photography (for the place I'm working at the moment). Imagine my horror when, after taking nearly 2 hours to set everything up, then take the shots; I put my card in the computer this morning and it wouldn't read the files....

Back up to the rescue - same thing !! I got out of jail by doing an in camera JPG conversion, and tidying up those.... This also happened last week, so I ditched the cards and bought some new ones. I just picked up the T3 again this afternoon to realise it was locked up, none of the buttons were working. I'm now convinced there is an issue somewhere, so I've just gone through both bodies and all my lenses updating the firmware.

The cards are 170mbs Sandisk, so they should be more than fast enough, even for 1080p video (not that I shoot video often).

Has anybody else had a similar issue?

Yesterday I did some paid product photography (for the place I'm working at the moment). Imagine my horror when, after taking nearly 2 hours to set everything up, then take the shots; I put my card in the computer this morning and it wouldn't read the files....

Back up to the rescue - same thing !! I got out of jail by doing an in camera JPG conversion, and tidying up those.... This also happened last week, so I ditched the cards and bought some new ones. I just picked up the T3 again this afternoon to realise it was locked up, none of the buttons were working. I'm now convinced there is an issue somewhere, so I've just gone through both bodies and all my lenses updating the firmware.

The cards are 170mbs Sandisk, so they should be more than fast enough, even for 1080p video (not that I shoot video often).

No. But that’d freak me out. Hope you get it sorted soon.

daft question, but are the cards genuine - where did you buy them from

The only time i`ve had a similar issue (could see pix in camera), was a dodgy usb connection with my internal card reader. I`m assuming you could see the pix in camera?

daft question, but are the cards genuine - where did you buy them from

They came from Amazon, a seller I've bought from before. The cards are identical some I already had...

The only time i`ve had a similar issue (could see pix in camera), was a dodgy usb connection with my internal card reader. I`m assuming you could see the pix in camera?

Oh yeah, could see them in camera.

So, here's an update...

I loaded the cards back in the T3 after the software upgrade, and took a couple of shots of the garden. Card out, into the reader on the iMac, and the work stuff was still there. It's now all copied into a new folder, and I can read the RAW files in LR and PS.

I'm wondering whether the issue with the cards was something to do with the camera locking up, or vice versa. The cards work fine in my T2 & X100F. If it happens again, I'll try to copy them with the card in my Macbook, thus changing the hardware. But then, if it freezes again, it's going back to Fuji as it's still under warranty. I can shoot with the T2 and of course, I now have my little pocket rocket to shoot with too...

They came from Amazon, a seller I've bought from before. The cards are identical some I already had...

Oh yeah, could see them in camera.

So, here's an update...

I loaded the cards back in the T3 after the software upgrade, and took a couple of shots of the garden. Card out, into the reader on the iMac, and the work stuff was still there. It's now all copied into a new folder, and I can read the RAW files in LR and PS.

I'm wondering whether the issue with the cards was something to do with the camera locking up, or vice versa. The cards work fine in my T2 & X100F. If it happens again, I'll try to copy them with the card in my Macbook, thus changing the hardware. But then, if it freezes again, it's going back to Fuji as it's still under warranty. I can shoot with the T2 and of course, I now have my little pocket rocket to shoot with too...
Sometimes if you accidentally edit a file and save it to the card instead of your Mac it causes this sort of issue when trying to use the card again.

Sometimes if you accidentally edit a file and save it to the card instead of your Mac it causes this sort of issue when trying to use the card again.

My workflow is:

Create new folder on my drive
Insert card into iMac
Copy files to new folder
Eject card
Open LR
Import files

I can't see me editing/saving anything to the card...

My workflow is:

Create new folder on my drive
Insert card into iMac
Copy files to new folder
Eject card
Open LR
Import files

I can't see me editing/saving anything to the card...
Perfect, better than me !!!!

Does anyone here use a soft release button with their Fuji? Mine keeps falling off, no matter how much I tighten it. Which one do you use?

Push the shutter button in when turning it to compress the rubber 'O' ring and provide friction. Since doing that I've never had an issue with mine. They always used to fall off before I did this.

Push the shutter button in when turning it to compress the rubber 'O' ring and provide friction. Since doing that I've never had an issue with mine. They always used to fall off before I did this.

Good tip, thanks. (y)

Back