The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Anyone wanting to join the Facebook group, can you please answer the question....

I've had two recent applications who haven't bothered so were declined.

Good decision, my silver one marked within 2 days, now you can go out in stealth mode like a ninja snapping unsuspecting souls :LOL:

To be fair, I just want it for when we go out walking in general, putting in the fishing bag, in the briefcase etc.

Anyone wanting to join the Facebook group, can you please answer the question....

I've had two recent applications who haven't bothered so were declined.

I've not been on FB in general much at all lately, so haven't been to the group in a while, I do see the odd Image from their posted up through my timeline though. I should be getting back to a bit more photography during Autumn and will join in more then

Sensor dust on an X100?

My sister has an X100T and she messaged me because she's seeing a spot on her photos/videos. I asked her to send me examples which she has and I've posted them below (it's a lot more obvious on the video). Has anyone else experienced this? What did you do about it?

Mark 1-Edit.jpg

Sensor dust on an X100?

My sister has an X100T and she messaged me because she's seeing a spot on her photos/videos. I asked her to send me examples which she has and I've posted them below (it's a lot more obvious on the video). Has anyone else experienced this? What did you do about it?

View attachment 292661

Front of lens dirty? Hopefully its not internal.

Apparently not

Indeed

Guessing its out of warranty? Fuji are quite good and hopefully they will get rid of it as a goodwill gesture... could always argue its a fixed lens design and a spec of dust that big shouldnt be able to get into a sealed system.

Guessing its out of warranty? Fuji are quite good and hopefully they will get rid of it as a goodwill gesture... could always argue its a fixed lens design and a spec of dust that big shouldnt be able to get into a sealed system.

She's had it a few years and it was 2nd hand. I'll tell her to contact Fuji but I doubt she will, she'll just sell it for parts!

Sensor dust on an X100?

View attachment 292661

Unfortunately it is much more likely to be a mark on the sensor, something got inside somehow dust/a tiny mite - I've seen badly cracked front elements that could still take spot-free images. As minimum focus is well beyond the front element, like shooting through a wire fence, it just vanishes when you focus beyond it.

Fuji's fixed price repair on the X100T is £155 so that is the worst case if they don't do it for free.

Anyone interested in a capture one code for 60% off?

message me if you want it (y)

It works on the one off payment version not the annual, so no more to pay after buying.

Last edited:
I bought new for £649.00 from E-infinity. I know I won't get it until next week, and it's black, but if I'm honest, saving £50 for a brand new one, I'm quite happy...

Well I agree with you over the colour, black is for Pro's Silver for Hipsters, I have one of each (silver X100, and Black X100F), so I can choose to shave or not before I go out :ROFLMAO:

Anyone tried the Fuji webcam V2? Does it reuire updating cameras with the latest FW released earlier today? Thanks

Anyone here use a Laowa 9mm f2.8? Just purchased one and trying to find a hood to fit over the uv filter I've screwed on. The original won't fit, so wondering if anyone else has had the same issue. A bit of a long shot I know. Its a 49mm thread by the way

Anyone here use a Laowa 9mm f2.8? Just purchased one and trying to find a hood to fit over the uv filter I've screwed on. The original won't fit, so wondering if anyone else has had the same issue. A bit of a long shot I know. Its a 49mm thread by the way

@mickledore has one I believe, but he has not been on here for a long time

Back