The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Any camera can shoot any style - we all need to get away from thinking the camera is the limitation - that’s just an excuse!!

If you can shoot that style with the X100V and Stephen Shore can do it with a large format camera, then the choice of camera is pretty irrelevant!!!

Maybe I should start a career as a Photography Counsellor- my only problem is that my first patient @trevorbray is a complete lost cause!!
Bit harsh, his habit has helped him change career to become Surrey’s no1 camera dealer

I've had some pretty serious issues today, trying to take photos of my 8 month old Grandson. Even with flash I'm getting camera shake, on the T3 I was shooting at 250th @ f4 on the 35 f1.4 and they were awful. I tried th 10-24 & 24mm (it has OIS) and still terrible. My ability to hold even the T3 seems to diminished since I was ill for the 4 weeks or so.

I'm in 2 minds whether to trade the T2 & T3, plus 90f2 for a T4 which has in body stabalisation, or give up altogether and sell the lot. Not in a happy place right now.

Edit: T2 & T3, but you knew that.....

Last edited:
I've had some pretty serious issues today, trying to take photos of my 8 month old Grandson. Even with flash I'm getting camera shake, on the T3 I was shooting at 250th @ f4 on the 35 f1.4 and they were awful. I tried th 10-24 & 24mm (it has OIS) and still terrible. My ability to hold even the T3 seems to diminished since I was ill for the 4 weeks or so.

I'm in 2 minds whether to trade the T2 & T4, plus 90f2 for a T4 which has in body stabalisation, or give up altogether and sell the lot. Not in a happy place right now.

Sorry to hear this Steve, I get the shakes hence why I got the X-S10 for IS and since I have used it so far most of my images taken with it have been one handed as wanted to test my self.

I'm in 2 minds whether to trade the T2 & T4, plus 90f2 for a T4 which has in body stabalisation, or give up altogether and sell the lot. Not in a happy place right now.
Sorry to hear this Steve, what about trying a gimbal ? Some people use them for taking stills not just video and some of them are very small.

It’s not just travelling expense (it’s knowing that we’re being ripped off), although I’m currently putting £120-£160 per week for work into my vehicle. one week last month I put almost £300 in. If I ventured further afield to Wales, the lakes or Scotland it would be considerably more. A big issue is the amount of people about at every location and the fact that it’s summer, blue skies and green everywhere.

I can’t force myself to do street, it’s something that I personally don’t find appealing in any way. I’d rather be on top of a mountain or in the woodland by a river. Unfortunately, everyone suddenly thinks the countryside is great (that’s why they leave their s*** everywhere). I live next to two country parks but they’re packed, even at silly o’clock in the middle of summer they had a fair few people about.

I think I have had brain fog with my kit, far too much at present. I was going to thin them out but can’t!

They’ll all get some use now summers almost passed.

@Mr Perceptive Trevor is way beyond any hope, even my recent purchases can’t keep up with his :ROFLMAO:
The autumn will soon be here with less harsh light, warm colours and some clouds .

I'm in 2 minds whether to trade the T2 & T4, plus 90f2 for a T4 which has in body stabalisation, or give up altogether and sell the lot. Not in a happy place right now.sh
Don't give up.

As your grandson grows you'll want to get many more pictures of him.
When my youngest Granddaughter arrived I was using the X-H1
Ditched it for Full Frame (Nikon Z6)
Fab results, but I knew I wanted to try something with decent eye AF
As you know I went Sony, Blimey the AF-C and Eye af is Astonishing.
Maybe you'll want to give it some thought. If you must stay Fuji then next Generation X-T5 or X-H2 will be your friend.

You already Know that you'll need to think long and hard, and get the credit card out...

Don't give up

There are literally no new X100Vs anywhere and even second hand is slim pickings - WEX/MPB don’t have any used ones at all and don’t want to risk fleabay hawkers :rolleyes:

Seems I’ve screwed myself again :confused:

I’ve setup stock alerts at John Lewis, Wex and on the Fuji new and refurb shop too

There are literally no new X100Vs anywhere and even second hand is slim pickings - WEX/MPB don’t have any used ones at all and don’t want to risk fleabay hawkers :rolleyes:

I’ve setup stock alerts at John Lewis, Wex and on the Fuji new and refurb shop too

I suspect that all news ones coming into the country will already be allocated on customer orders. Best way of securing one is probably to order one from WEX (or similar), you can always cancel it if you get cold feet :exit:

Last edited:

MPB have 2 examples on their European site, although that would entail import taxes for you, wouldn't it?

Fuji stuff does come in and out of stock at most retailers quite regularly. When I was talking myself into buying an X-T4 earlier this year they were in and out of stock regularly at WEX.

Don't give up.

As your grandson grows you'll want to get many more pictures of him.
When my youngest Granddaughter arrived I was using the X-H1
Ditched it for Full Frame (Nikon Z6)
Fab results, but I knew I wanted to try something with decent eye AF
As you know I went Sony, Blimey the AF-C and Eye af is Astonishing.
Maybe you'll want to give it some thought. If you must stay Fuji then next Generation X-T5 or X-H2 will be your friend.

You already Know that you'll need to think long and hard, and get the credit card out...

Don't give up

X-H2 is just way out of my price range these days. I'm not working, and I'm not drawing a pension yet, so all we have coming in is the from the Mrs. I have other interests too, Amateur Radio is not cheap, fishing isn't so bad though :rolleyes:

A used T4 or maybe the X-S10 (but I still want to use it with the 100-400 on a tripod for wildlife). My thinking cap is well & truly on at the mo.....

Been round the houses again today looking at cameras - I’m pretty stuck in my ways and know what I like. It’s got to be rangefinder style, have an OVF as I detest EVFs, be small and light and great IQ.

The X Pro range also ticks these boxes but I’m not keen on the rear screen arrangement so it looks like I’ll be waiting for the X100V to be in stock somewhere.

Been round the houses again today looking at cameras - I’m pretty stuck in my ways and know what I like. It’s got to be rangefinder style, have an OVF as I detest EVFs, be small and light and great IQ.

The X Pro range also ticks these boxes but I’m not keen on the rear screen arrangement so it looks like I’ll be waiting for the X100V to be in stock somewhere.
John Lewis Bristol were showing 1 in stock, probably a customer return at a reduced price and they are always as new, worth giving them a call.

As has been mentioned, waiting for an X100V to come into stock is likely to be a long wait. I spent weeks checking everywhere daily, and for the stock alerts to arrive. In frustration, I contacted Fuji UK and they suggest that my best bet would be to pre-order from somewhere, as the cameras reaching shops were not getting listed, they were already allocated. I spoke to my local camera shop (LCE) and they put me on their list for a black X100V. I had it in my hands 8 days later!

As has been mentioned, waiting for an X100V to come into stock is likely to be a long wait. I spent weeks checking everywhere daily, and for the stock alerts to arrive. In frustration, I contacted Fuji UK and they suggest that my best bet would be to pre-order from somewhere, as the cameras reaching shops were not getting listed, they were already allocated. I spoke to my local camera shop (LCE) and they put me on their list for a black X100V. I had it in my hands 8 days later!

It's worth checking the small independents near you if there are any too. Back when you couldn't find a 70-300 anywhere, I found the little shop down the road had 3 of them!

It's worth checking the small independents near you if there are any too. Back when you couldn't find a 70-300 anywhere, I found the little shop down the road had 3 of them!
@bl0at3r

This is so true, actually I remember being told by Chiswick Cameras a few weeks ago that they had received 3 x X100V and none were reserved, might be worth giving them a call.

https://chiswickcameras.co.uk/

John Lewis Bristol were showing 1 in stock, probably a customer return at a reduced price and they are always as new, worth giving them a call.

@bl0at3r

This is so true, actually I remember being told by Chiswick Cameras a few weeks ago that they had received 3 x X100V and none were reserved, might be worth giving them a call.

https://chiswickcameras.co.uk/

Thanks for the suggestions - will get onto it (y)

Here the Judge is tempting the pony with some Polo Mints. To see how greedy the Pony is.
Very, She was pawing the ground at the smell of them..

Miss Greedy by Trevor, on Flickr

Same Pony and Rider, this time as a team with Handler dressed as Disney Princesses for the Fancy Dress competition
Fancy Dress Winners by Trevor, on Flickr

Last edited:
The Sigma 56mm has arrived. Sweet Jeebus this thing is sharp! Maybe I just got a particularly good copy but the reviews don't do it justice at all. Feels great too - everything is solid, even the cap and the hood.

I can't believe this thing is only £350 NEW. Absolutely crazy.

The Sigma 56mm has arrived. Sweet Jeebus this thing is sharp! Maybe I just got a particularly good copy but the reviews don't do it justice at all. Feels great too - everything is solid, even the cap and the hood.

I have a friend who bought the Sigma 16mm F1.4 (again £360), I am a big fan of the XF16mm F1.4 but for value for money this just knocked the Fuji offering out the park. Its very sharp. Its great that there are some good 3rd party offerings about now.

I love mine - best lens in my bag!

Excellent, I think I might have to get one of these as the Viltrox has been returned. It was prone to a fair amount of purple fringing and whilst very sharp in the centre, got progressively softer towards the corners. Shame really as it is a beautifully made lens.

May I ask where you got one for that price? The cheapest I have seen is £379ish so that is a very good buy.

To soften the disappointment at returning the Viltrox I have bought my wife the Fujifilm 150-600mm. A fitting reward for being such a sweetie.:D

Really tempted by these new Sigma primes. As a new Fuji user the lack of an aperture ring doesn't bother me. I don't use the ring on my 100-400 as it's easier to change aperture with the rear dial anyway. Glad to hear it's sharp, Sigma do produce decent lenses these days.

Excellent, I think I might have to get one of these as the Viltrox has been returned. It was prone to a fair amount of purple fringing and whilst very sharp in the centre, got progressively softer towards the corners. Shame really as it is a beautifully made lens.

May I ask where you got one for that price? The cheapest I have seen is £379ish so that is a very good buy.

To soften the disappointment at returning the Viltrox I have bought my wife the Fujifilm 150-600mm. A fitting reward for being such a sweetie.:D

I got mine from bristolcameras.co.uk

I wouldn't recommend them though. There are loads of bad reviews for them, and I had to chase them after a couple of days... Then the courier had issues with the pickup (I'm betting the shop didn't have it ready). Even with me chasing it took 6 days to get to me. If I had to do it again I'd just pay the extra.

Really tempted by these new Sigma primes. As a new Fuji user the lack of an aperture ring doesn't bother me. I don't use the ring on my 100-400 as it's easier to change aperture with the rear dial anyway. Glad to hear it's sharp, Sigma do produce decent lenses these days.

I thought it would really bother me, but in truth I've barely noticed. Being so sharp wide open I don't think I'll be changing the aperture often anyway, I have other lenses for that kind of thing.

Back