The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

The Sigma 56mm has arrived. Sweet Jeebus this thing is sharp! Maybe I just got a particularly good copy but the reviews don't do it justice at all. Feels great too - everything is solid, even the cap and the hood.

I can't believe this thing is only £350 NEW. Absolutely crazy.

Glad I saw this, as I still have mine from when I had Fuji, just have to find it now lol

I got mine from bristolcameras.co.uk

I wouldn't recommend them though. There are loads of bad reviews for them, and I had to chase them after a couple of days... Then the courier had issues with the pickup (I'm betting the shop didn't have it ready). Even with me chasing it took 6 days to get to me. If I had to do it again I'd just pay the extra.
Thank you!

I had seen their website but having entered into a heated conversation with them a couple of years ago which was resolved by a personal visit I swiftly moved on.

Glad you like the lens!

322598AA-4B26-4333-A9FA-B8E67AE94E2A.jpeg
So while some brands are concentrating on making their mark ii lenses smaller and lighter, Fuji are opting for larger, heavier glass. Since abandoning their continuous improvements by firmware updates, it looks like the “carry less” motto is also following the exit. Anyone else bothered by the u turn?

View attachment 366358
So while some brands are concentrating on making their mark ii lenses smaller and lighter, Fuji are opting for larger, heavier glass. Since abandoning their continuous improvements by firmware updates, it looks like the “carry less” motto is also following the exit. Anyone else bothered by the u turn?
My guess is that's down to opening up to the likes of Sigma etc. Who knowingly will be cheaper. So possibly aiming at the H2s, and H2 shooters, for the Fuji glass. Just my cockeyed theory on it ;)

View attachment 366358

I'm all for options to be honest. Most lens designs are governed by physics - after all, what we call the aperture of a lens is actually the focal ratio (focal length divided by aperture). Therefore, there is only so small you can make a lens before it becomes physically impossible to shrink it any more. Eg a 100mm f2 MUST have an aperture of 50mm. You can shrink the electronics and the motors etc, but that glass will never shrink.

There is already plenty of choice for small and light, and moderately fast. If they want to give the option of faster or better glass at the cost of a little size, that's fine by me. Nobody is forcing me to buy it...

That said, the lack of kaizen, and the blurred direction they seem to be taking with their lineup does bother me. I'd love a stills focused camera, with IBIS and the flippy screen from the X-T3. I don't need video, at all, and detest the articulated screen from the X-T4 et al.

I think the problem is that everyone wants something different - I want the sensor from the X-H2s, in an X-T3 body, with no IBIS.

I'd love a stills focused camera, with IBIS and the flippy screen from the X-T3. I don't need video, at all, and detest the articulated screen from the X-T4 et al.
This, I'd love a version of the X-T4 / 5 with all the video stuff stripped out and sold for a bit less cash. I don't shoot video, so there's an entire side to all modern cameras that I'll never use. I barely ever shoot video with my phone never mind a proper camera. The flippy screen on the X-T4 doesn't bother me, I flipped it round once when I took the camera out of the box and that's where it will stay for the entire time I own the camera.

I thought it would really bother me, but in truth I've barely noticed. Being so sharp wide open I don't think I'll be changing the aperture often anyway, I have other lenses for that kind of thing.
I've only recently switched from a Canon DSLR so I'm very used to changing aperture with a rear dial. The aperture ring on a lens is nice and I enjoy using it, but it's not a deal breaker for me if a lens doesn't have it

I've only recently switched from a Canon DSLR so I'm very used to changing aperture with a rear dial. The aperture ring on a lens is nice and I enjoy using it, but it's not a deal breaker for me if a lens doesn't have it
For me, that's part of the Fuji experience, old school, using controls at your fingertips for exposure. If I can't get that, then I may as well shoot Sony or Nikon etc on FF.

£1,899.99 UK Price doesn't seem too bad
Still a lot in this current climate.
I reckon the T5 might be around £1500, but I doubt that will be until January, February next year.

Still a lot in this current climate.
I reckon the T5 might be around £1500, but I doubt that will be until January, February next year.

Its a lot but I kinda expected it to be more given the price of other things lately, I think the XH1 was similarly priced back in 2018
I want one but also keen to see if there's a marked difference between the "old" glass and the newer primes they've released in the last year or so given the jump to 40mp

Its a lot but I kinda expected it to be more given the price of other things lately, I think the XH1 was similarly priced back in 2018
I want one but also keen to see if there's a marked difference between the "old" glass and the newer primes they've released in the last year or so given the jump to 40mp
The Xh2 with the 18/16mm, 23 and 33 f1.4 primes does sound rather nice then add either the Sigma or Fuji 56mm….

The Xh2 with the 18/16mm, 23 and 33 f1.4 primes does sound rather nice then add either the Sigma or Fuji 56mm….

My wallet is crying just thinking about it, I have pre-ordered one but will have a good read/look - there are cheaper ways to get a very good high megapixel body (even Full Frame) I just love using Fuji bodies though!

My wallet is crying just thinking about it, I have pre-ordered one but will have a good read/look - there are cheaper ways to get a very good high megapixel body (even Full Frame) I just love using Fuji bodies though!
Ditto about enjoying shooting Fuji. I am lusting after another camera after selling a fair bit of gear and been waiting to see what this brings but wait wait and see what the verdict is.

Ditto about enjoying shooting Fuji. I am lusting after another camera after selling a fair bit of gear and been waiting to see what this brings but wait wait and see what the verdict is.

I’d think I’d wait for some real world reviews, tiny photosites without the benefits of BSI may mean a reduction in dynamic range (compared to the less dense 24/26MP sensors)

I’d think I’d wait for some real world reviews, tiny photosites without the benefits of BSI may mean a reduction in dynamic range (compared to the less dense 24/26MP sensors)
Thats the plan and to be honest I’m in no rush. I haven’t been out much for a while now due to a few things but getting the urge to get back out again.

Pretty sure the release specs say it’s BSI

It’s no secret that at times I could do with a second Fuji APS-C body.
No commitment yet, but I’d like to keep the same ergonomics as my H2S..
Could definitely live with X-S10, but it means a different battery…1st world problem..lol..

So glad someone understands…
Its all right for you Trevor, I spent the night on the naughty step as my beloved returned from the carefully planned (by me) trip to the hairdressers.........just as the DPD van pulled in with my 150-600mm.

I can blag a small box of filters or even a suprise present for her but this comes in a cabin trunk.

Woe is me.

P9080187.jpg

Its all right for you Trevor, I spent the night on the naughty step as my beloved returned from the carefully planned (by me) trip to the hairdressers.........just as the DPD van pulled in with my 150-600mm.

I can blag a small box of filters or even a suprise present for her but this comes in a cabin trunk.

Woe is me.

View attachment 366490
Always better to ask for forgiveness than permission. Cracking lens..

Always better to ask for forgiveness than permission. Cracking lens..
I would agree, but as she was drummed out of the Taliban for cruelty I prefer to receive my illicit purchases whilst she is at least 10 miles away.

Damm DPD, weeks of careful planning thrown out of the window by a 3" nail....in the front wheel of his van causing a 30 minute delay.

As for the lens it is a cracker. It really complements the X-H2S and whilst heavier than the 100-400mm, it actually feels lighter in the hand. I know not why but it is lovely.

Last edited:
Enjoy it mate. You’re quite right. On the H2S it’s just brilliant.

Amazon Warehouse Events have a 20% discount offer which I think ends today.

I have bought a couple of the FujiFilm W-235 batteries (X-HS2 and X-T4) marked 'As New' for £42.90 after the discount.

They have all been boxed, unmarked and indeed are 'As New'. There are some 'Very Good' ones shown, you just have to go down the list if you want new.

There is a W-235 battery charger too for £42.70 after discount. It states missing cable etc but the cable never came with them, use the one that came with the body.

1662737009250.png

The need for new lenses may be necessary with the XH2 but the existing lenses will work but are not optimised for the 40MP sensor. Doesnt mean you cant get great results.

Back from the Lakes... (big ponds surrounded by woods, and sheep ;)) Not the best for arthritic knees lol
Weather pretty crap, but hey ho.

7 hour drive in a Fiat 500 will test you, too :)

Anyway, enough of that nonsense. Here`s a pic ... Sorry to say, it could be the first of a few ;)

H1 16-55
Windermere by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Nah, part-timer, I drove from Poole, Dorset to Glasgow in an 1100 Austin Allegro (max speed about 65mph!!) in 1984/5 - In the days when there was no motorway from the border until nearly Glasgow - a lot of it single carraigeway. If your Fiat 500 was a modern one, then your trip was a breeze, if it was an original Fiat 500 then I take my hat off to you!

Last edited:
Back from the Lakes... (big ponds surrounded by woods, and sheep ;)) Not the best for arthritic knees lol
Weather pretty crap, but hey ho.

Anyway, enough of that nonsense. Here`s a pic ... Sorry to say, it could be the first of a few ;)

H1 16-55
Windermere by Paulie-W, on Flickr

I’ve never been to the lakes. Keep them coming.

Back