The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Well been out a couple of days trying out my XT-10 really liking it,also been trying XT-1 with new firmware the focusing is better on all the lens I have tried so far,just need to set the camera for the new firmware :)

a>
Can't figure out how to add pictures here but I am quite happy with the Samyang and definitely the colour/b&w from the X-T10

Last edited:
Why doesn't the xt1 have all the standard white balance options that others do?

A couple of very nice images there Tim, with my preference being for the B&W shot.(y)

George.

Hey Tim. I'm a sucker for black and white. But here the colour nicks it.

Anyone tried the 16-55? was wondering what the weight and size is like, any good for a walk around or to big? Is it much bigger than the 10-24? It produces astounding images.

Last edited:
Anyone tried the 16-55? was wondering what the weight and size is like, any good for a walk around or to big? Is it much bigger than the 10-24? It produces astounding images.

Been out with it today on my XT-1 with medium handgrip, not to bad weight and size,not to big to me,maybe add an blackrapid strap to help with carrying the bigger weight :)

Been out with it today on my XT-1 with medium handgrip, not to bad weight and size,not to big to me,maybe add an blackrapid strap to help with carrying the bigger weight :)

Sounds good, how do you find the optics, compared to fujis other glass? The few images on Flickr look pretty amazing have to say.

I've noticed a strange phenomenon when shooting with my 18-135mm on my XT1 when the camera isn't level on the horizontal, I took a few candids while walking round the Tall ships on Sunday morning, I shot from waist level, I didn't always hit focus, but I noticed a strange elongated effect on people, it's hard to describe. What causes this ?

View attachment 41212
View attachment 41213

Last edited:
The focus tracking worked well, the Red arrows caught me by surprise, they came in from a totally unexpected direction and I manage to get a few shots off, camera was in High speed burst mode and wide tracking and the XT1 managed to hit focus on every shot, I'm impressed. A longer focal length would have been better though.This was shot with the 18-135.

View attachment 41215

Lesson learned, I'll need to use the ES with care in future, should've brought my X100T for "street" shots. Though this guy was asking for it !

View attachment 41216

Last edited:
Been having a good look through my older X-T1 pics and have come to the conclusion that the new AF is definitely doing something right, bursts of 4 or 5 shots of cars travelling directly towards or away are way, way more reliable and consistent now.

Pretty impressive when you consider I was using either the 55-200 or 50-140 before, and my latest ones are with the 50-230.

Take this sort of thing, 230mm, wide open, cars travelling at around 70-80mph, not at all easy for an AF system to manage in comparison to a side-on panning shot (which just about any camera can manage, but very technique dependent)...

RS Combe 2015 by Chris Harrison, on Flickr

I got 4 hits out of 5 on this one, and other sequences have all of them sharp from distant to almost frame filling. Impressed and very much looking forward to the 100-400.

RS Combe 2015 by Chris Harrison, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice! Classic Chrome?
BTW the colors of your Winnats Pass photos are out of this world! Punchy but not overdone, I was cycling in the Dark Peaks a month and a bit ago and riding back to Hope I went through Winnats Pass, you are definitely capturing the feel of the place.

It's a fab place indeed. Planning another visit next weekend but going up Mam Tor instead...

Thanks for your comments too!

Was this CC in cam or Lr?

Mam tor is just as magical, I will be looking out for your pictures from there!

It is all camera jpegs, not big fan of LR I am afraid so for the time being and until I hunt down something to replace Aperture on my Mac it is JPEGs only. Might even give a shot at the one that comes with the camera.

Apparently Photo Ninja is quite good with Fuji files?

The camera makes a much better job of the film sims than Lr tbh.

Don't hold me to it btw, it might not happen. Got a few locations planned over the summer and autumn so hopefully i will improve as i go.

Back