The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Anyone know anything about Lightning Triggers on the XT1? All these recent storms have made my wallet itchy...

Lightning triggers not lighting.

Causes lightning to set the camera off to capture it

Where was the hood from David? I presume it won't reverse onto the lens but will it hold a cap on front?

Where was the hood from David? I presume it won't reverse onto the lens but will it hold a cap on front?

No it won't reverse, it screws into the filter thread. The Fuji cap doesn't fit it but I'm guessing an after market one would. Not idea what size though. Helpful aren't i? :D Was £2.09 from eBay. Just need my Step down ring hood for my 18mm now and I'll be sorted. :D

Edit: It was Amazon not eBay.

Last edited:
Well the AF is improved massively but still not as good as the 23. The focal length is nice and the extra compression is a welcome addition over the 23. It's not as nice a lens on the whole though. The new 35 f2 will hopefully be in the same league as the newer lenses. It's not as sharp either.

Considering selling it and getting the 16-55. o_O

Blimey, the different processing really changes those pics!

How are you finding the camera?

It does doesn't it. Velvia def wins over CC this time (agreed minnt).

Loving the xt10, but I know I'll swap it for an xt1 after the honeymoon. [emoji38][emoji38]

I haven't used an XT1 but just for having a dedicated ISO dial I know it would be better for me. The XT10 I've found a little complicated as it caters for lenses without aperture rings etc. I like things simple, like me!

Well the AF is improved massively but still not as good as the 23. The focal length is nice and the extra compression is a welcome addition over the 23. It's not as nice a lens on the whole though. The new 35 f2 will hopefully be in the same league as the newer lenses. It's not as sharp either.

Considering selling it and getting the 16-55. o_O
I'll give you 200 quid for it :)

I agree on the photo effect, but think the XT1 looks better in silver.

Am I the only one who prefers the classic chrome look? :(

Quite possibly. I've seen a lot of beautiful pictures shot in Classic Chrome, but whenever I use it, it looks like I've had an attack of Instagram and I quickly revert back to Velvia or Provia.

Comparing Papers by Alan Jones, on Flickr

Mucking about with the 60mm macro. The print in the picture was also from a Macro on a Fuji body, but in that case it was Sigma's 50mm f2.8 and an S5 Pro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one who prefers the classic chrome look? :(

I think it's just been done to death and has become vey cliched.in my opinion. However, there had been some lovely images though I normally shoot in RAW so I can change the Fuji film simulations in CS6 PP rather than in-camera.

Don't think I've ever actually shot CC in camera, I usually use Astia soft.

What I really want is Porta 400 with a bit of fade as an in camera sim, but I'm not holding my breath on that one :D :D

VSCO perhaps or Alien Skin 7? :D

Anyone offer some advice on the 16-55? It doesn't seem a terribly popular lens for some reason. Is it just the cost? Not a great amount of reviews in it either and the Flickr pool is tiny.

It might be as the 18-55 is similar focal length and it's a lot cheaper and very good alternative ?

Back